Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 29th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #41
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Sorry, the dash cam vid do not offer any context pertaining to the guy getting pulled over for HIS own actions.

See article here: http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Sheri...159941355.html
Isn't that convenient??

Old June 29th, 2012, 07:43 AM   #42
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Why yes..... yes it is.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 07:59 AM   #43
Klondike1020
Intrepid Adventurer

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2004 GSXR 750 , 71 cb350streettracker, 07 Polaris Predator 500

@ai4px

You hit the nail right on the head!
Police used to be part of the community, respected / assisted

Now they are alienated from the general public.

My biggest problem is when police think they are above the law!

People are drawing to many lines in the sand and picking to many sides.

If we made a list of what both people did wrong in the video it would go on and on.
Klondike1020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #44
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
[DEVILS ADVOCATE] All of these bikers are a bunch of ****ing assholes. They closed down highways and block traffic so they can stunt. Emergency vehicles could have been stuck in there. People on the way to hospitals could have died so these pricks could stunt on an open highway. They are dipshit assholes, every last one of them and they need to be tracked down and punished.[/DEVILS ADVODATE]

Cop was a moron
Agreed, Did anyone see the video on the other thread? They make us all look bad and make people want to swurve into good riders just because of assumed "ASSOCIATION" (for Justin and CZ LOL)
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #45
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

As an LEO crap like this pisses me off.

The arrest is questionable and will probably be tossed out. The camera may contain evidence but there is a proper way to obtain it by use of a search warrant or voluntary consent.

Even with the dash cam it shows the bikers being @sshats with possible transfer of contraband, along with careless/reckless driving.

The cop and biker were both being dicks to each other which only aggravated the situation.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #46
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14

Old June 29th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #47
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

^
This
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #48
A Tomato
ninjette.org member

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Special Edition (Green)

The second officer's face looks annoying smirking...
A Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #49
Goom
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 1976 CB550 Cafe, 2011 Ninja 250, 1999 Honda CR125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I hear what you're saying, but I think you're still missing the point, if the goal is to figure out how not to be that guy being dealt with harshly by a less than brilliant deputy.

A: Avoid riding in large groups when it's foreseeable that a good portion of them will be flaunting the law
B: If you do choose to do so, make sure your equipment is legal.

Running an illegal plate location, running illegal blinkers, and any of the other small but common mods to sportbikes are clear invitations to be pulled from the herd, and made to answer for the perceived larger offenses of others. Happens weekend after weekend here in northern california near the high-trafficked motorcycle hangouts. (I.E. - don't hang out at 4-corners mid-day on a Saturday or Sunday on a clearly illegal bike.)

For what it's worth, it's something that sometimes has to happen to you first before it sinks in, and I got the same ticket at that same high traffic area at the bottom of 9 when I had a moderately illegal plate mount on the ZX-10R. Not acting like a douche to the admittedly douchey cop kept it as a $25 fix-it ticket instead of an arrest, but the lesson stuck anyway. It's just easier to stay legal. (Or if you aren't going to, stay the heck out of the limelight. I.E. a biker event with thousands of bikes and dozens of law enforcement vehicles)
^this
Goom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #50
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
I didn't see the biker that was pulled over perform a single morally questionable action... not in his own footage or in the police dash cam footage (which didn't show him!). I think he could've more intelligently dealt with that doggy cop though.

If there was a bear in your camping spot eating your food, you wouldn't get in the bears face and shout "THIS IS BS MAN: WTF ARE YOU DOING IN MY AREA!" at the bear. It's a powerful animal which holds great potential to harm you.

Same thing with that cop: powerful animal which holds great potential to harm you.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #51
Vergil
Laser Quest

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Black Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I didn't see the biker that was pulled over perform a single morally questionable action... not in his own footage or in the police dash cam footage (which didn't show him!). I think he could've more intelligently dealt with that doggy cop though.

If there was a bear in your camping spot eating your food, you wouldn't get in the bears face and shout "THIS IS BS MAN: WTF ARE YOU DOING IN MY AREA!" at the bear. It's a powerful animal which holds great potential to harm you.

Same thing with that cop: powerful animal which holds great potential to harm you.
I agree entirely
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM   #52
drac
ninjette.org member

Name: drac

Motorcycle(s): '88 Hurricane 600, '09 Ninja 250

I believe the officers may well have been within his rights to confiscate the camera if he had reason to believe it had recorded a crime. There is a procedure for doing this as stated earlier but the officer may temporarily circumvent these procedures due to "exigent" circumstances. (Cops love that word, exigent. It's in all there manuals) The fact that if the officer does not take possession of the evidence now it could too easily be erased/destroyed.

Had he taken the camera and just drove off the evidence would have been suppressed by any judge. But i am pretty sure he could take possession of the evidence and stay "on scene" with the camera owner while radioing in to get a warrant, which he would have gotten.

Do I think this is right? .... That's a tough call due to both parties acting like assholes.

Old June 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #53
Stingray1000

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drac View Post
I believe the officers may well have been within his rights to confiscate the camera if he had reason to believe it had recorded a crime. There is a procedure for doing this as stated earlier but the officer may temporarily circumvent these procedures due to "exigent" circumstances. (Cops love that word, exigent. It's in all there manuals) The fact that if the officer does not take possession of the evidence now it could too easily be erased/destroyed.

Had he taken the camera and just drove off the evidence would have been suppressed by any judge. But i am pretty sure he could take possession of the evidence and stay "on scene" with the camera owner while radioing in to get a warrant, which he would have gotten.

Do I think this is right? .... That's a tough call due to both parties acting like assholes.
You're right he was not in his rights to take the camera without a warrant. Warrants aren't easy or quick things to get and they most likely would've been standing there all day till they got a judge to listen to the whole story wirte out and sign the warrant then truck the warrant out to give to the officer to show the biker.... So the quickest thing to do was to arrest him for a usually not arrestable offence so they could take possession of the camera and call it evidence aagainst both parties but technically you could be arrested for any offense even doing 1 mph over the speed limit. Would it be thrown out? Sure. Will this be thrown out? idk you have to throw the possibility of this police officer adding resisting arrest to the charge which would make everything harder to throw out, hopefully the judge got some TRIM the night before and is in a good mood and decides to help the defendant out which is not likely but possible....
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #54
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moises

Motorcycle(s): None yet

so.. what do you think. right or wrong?

i was just on youtube and found this video and i want to know what do you think about it?

Link to original page on YouTube.

xMoises831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #55
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i think everyone in the video is an idiot.

wheres that merge button i always see Alex using...

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #56
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i think everyone in the video is an idiot.

wheres that merge button i always see Alex using...
Don't you think what the cop did was wrong tho?

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #57
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Like I needed another reason to hate cops.

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #58
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
Like I needed another reason to hate cops.
well the way those bikers make the legit bikers look bad. Even if they were all breaking the law it doesn't mean he had the right to pull him over just because he had a camera. He then arrest him for the license plate and then changes his story about pulling him over for the plate and not just because he had the camera.

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #59
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
this is not the full story. they have the camera man doing stupid **** earlier on dash cam

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #60
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
this is not the full story. they have the camera man doing stupid **** earlier on dash cam
That wasn't him it was another guy they used that clip to try to give the cop a reason to take his camera footage. They didn't stop him for another 15 minutes after the dash cam footage. He wasn't a part of the group ride, actually he was going below the speed limit.

Old August 16th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #61
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
what exactly do you expect? if you ride with a bunch of idiots you get lumped in. dont ride with idiots and you wont get trouble

Old August 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #62
aShifty
ninjette.org member

Name: Armin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

WOOOOOOOOOOOW. arrested for a license plate.

Link to original page on YouTube.

the bikers were doing stupid **** though. but i didnt see chris the guy who got arrested doing stupid things.

aShifty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #63
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

right! haha

Old August 18th, 2012, 04:48 PM   #64
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2012, 06:36 PM   #65
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

"dont u have to have a warrant for that kind of evidence?" "..........."
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 05:22 AM   #66
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
what exactly do you expect? if you ride with a bunch of idiots you get lumped in. dont ride with idiots and you wont get trouble
So, what you are saying is: "Don't ride anywhere in Dallas on Memorial Day."

As I've pointed out repeatedly, he was not "with" them. It was not a group. The entire city of bikers was off work and out for a ride that day as part of a yearly rally. This is why trying to justify this with videos of other bikers is only further infuriating. Of course someone, somewhere in the city was mis-behaving.

What you are saying is like saying "Don't go to Sturgis or Daytona Bike Week because there are a few idiots there and you might get arrested for their actions." It's ludicrous. Even if it were a smaller group: I guess you disapprove of the Ninjette Rally just because someone might do something the others and the police don't approve of and it would justify anything the police may want to do to anyone "stupid" enough to attend the rally.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #67
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you are completely correct, jet. i think riding in large groups with people you don't know is pointless (outside of charity and memorial) and dangerous. if a bunch of bikers came up behind me being chased by cops, you are completely correct- i would GTFO the freeway and away from the OBVIOUS danger. if i knew there was going to be that much **** where i was going, i either wouldn't go there, or i wouldn't ride a bike there.

you can't tell me the guy didn't expect crazy **** to be happening.

its like being in a riot. "i wasn't with them! i was simply standing here minding my own business while everyone around me was looting and pillaging" ... OK!

this is kinda a problem that i have with most motorcyclists. they think they are a car. they think that they can be idle and mind their own business, and if they just follow the laws nothing will happen. that's not how motorcycles work. you need to be proactive in your own safety. dont be idle, either be defense (gtfo) or offensive (gtfo faster)

Old August 19th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #68
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

thats discriminatory,
if they don't have evidence of the individual wrongdoing, then they shouldn't be singling everyone out.

that version of logic is similar to a witch hunt...

Old August 21st, 2012, 06:00 AM   #69
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
you are completely correct, jet. i think riding in large groups with people you don't know is pointless (outside of charity and memorial) and dangerous. if a bunch of bikers came up behind me being chased by cops, you are completely correct- i would GTFO the freeway and away from the OBVIOUS danger. if i knew there was going to be that much **** where i was going, i either wouldn't go there, or i wouldn't ride a bike there.

you can't tell me the guy didn't expect crazy **** to be happening.

its like being in a riot. "i wasn't with them! i was simply standing here minding my own business while everyone around me was looting and pillaging" ... OK!

this is kinda a problem that i have with most motorcyclists. they think they are a car. they think that they can be idle and mind their own business, and if they just follow the laws nothing will happen. that's not how motorcycles work. you need to be proactive in your own safety. dont be idle, either be defense (gtfo) or offensive (gtfo faster)
The reason they chose Memorial Day is because it was already a popular day for individual motorcyclists due to being off work with most places closed and warm weather. It wasn't a "riot" and bad things weren't "expected." Also, there were just as many bikes on the surface streets. You can't just pull off the freeway in Daytona or Sturgis during a bike event and expect to no longer be surrounded by bikes.

Thought process:
It's warm outside and I happen to be off of work with nothing else to do. It's a good day for a ride, which is an independent thought I had on my own. Also, most places are closed because it's a holiday, so there isn't much else to do. Which holiday is it? Oh yeah: Memorial Day. Well, forget that idea then! A couple years ago people noticed how popular riding was on this day of the year it kinda became an unofficial rally. There's nothing wrong with that, but last year some people misbehaved for the first time ever and this year the police will be cracking down on it. As a law abiding citizen, I should not be discouraged into sacrificing my holiday just because they are doing this. On the contrary: I should be encouraged because they are fixing the only problem I had with riding on this day. Unfortunately, as much as I want to legally enjoy my motorcycle on this particular day with these stronger-than-usual incentives, I can't because I might wrongly be associated with those people because of the number of wheels beneath me. Fair or not, I'm going to give up the only nice riding day I may have for a long time just because a few more people started riding in recent years.

Maybe I see it differently because I didn't have a car for four years, had to work every Memorial Day, and would have been pretty angry if I got caught up in this mess just because I had ride to work on two wheels.

Also, may I point out that the thing that happened to him was not "safety" related? This isn't about being safe, unsafe, or being proactive in safety. The problem is not that he thought he was like any other car on the road, but that he really was legally like any other car on the road and yet he was unfairly treated differently anyway.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2012, 06:16 AM   #70
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
As a law abiding citizen, I should not be discouraged into sacrificing my holiday just because they are doing this. On the contrary: I should be encouraged because they are fixing the only problem I had with riding on this day. Unfortunately, as much as I want to legally enjoy my motorcycle on this particular day with these stronger-than-usual incentives, I can't because I might wrongly be associated with those people because of the number of wheels beneath me.
I watch the video the guy made and he was obviously not in the group... they were all piecemealing by him. He should be in no trouble for simply being out on the interstate as he was.

On the other hand, I learned years ago that, for example, nothing good goes on after 9pm and I know that I'm much more likely to get hit by a drunk at 2 or 3am, so I avoid going out during those hours. It may be your right to toole down the highway on memorial day, but it may not be prudent.

Old August 21st, 2012, 06:21 AM   #71
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

nm

Old August 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM   #72
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you guys make me laugh.

jet, i wasnt talking about avoiding the bikers. i was talking about avoiding the cops.