ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:15 PM   #1
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

What's your take on dating sites?

Just wanted to get ideas from my ninjette family on dating sites. I have a pretty busy schedule and was considering looking at one of these. What do you guys think?
MKlein3004 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #2
edbro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

No experience with them, but I'd say give it a shot. You have nothing to lose really.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #3
2WheelGuy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

Just do the free sites.

Remember women are just as crazy no matter where you meet them.
AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #4
Chubbs032
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 250r

fat girls who are ready to play
Chubbs032 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #5
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Race), 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 (Track), 2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Street)

oh nos,fat chicks, where my t-shirt

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #6
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #7
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I've got a friend who calls himself a "Match.com tournament-level player" and he backs up that claim with quantity and frequency. Obviously, he's not in the game to find a lasting relationship.

He says the women he meets there mostly fall into the "boats and airplanes" category, which means the two best days are the first time you take her out and the day you get rid of her.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 05:57 PM   #8
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

well honestly right now i am not really looking for a long term relationship either, maybe i should check out match.com

Old April 29th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #9
greg737
-

An EX-250 riding corps-turd who lives in College Station? Dude, you're "bringin' back sexy"! Wait till you lay out those qualifications, you'll be knee-deep in "strange."

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #10
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
An EX-250 riding corps-turd who lives in College Station? Dude, you're "bringin' back sexy"! Wait till you lay out those qualifications, you'll be knee-deep in "strange."
didn't quite follow you here, lol

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #11
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

Link to original page on YouTube.

Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #12
bdavison
Wartown, USA

Name: Bryan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2007 Ninja 650R, and assorted other bikes

Her profile said 5 11......yeah lbs.
bdavison is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #13
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Using dating sites? Thats usually very unattractive men (very hard on the eyes) that are more than desperate for a date and something just not right about them.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 07:53 PM   #14
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

i can put a pic up and the women on here can decide if i am a very unattractive man that would absolutely need a dating site. Or you could just go look in the thread of pictures of members.

I would tend to lean towards that i don't need one, its just working second shift at work makes it hard to get out and find a date.

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #15
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Using dating sites? Thats usually very unattractive men (very hard on the eyes) that are more than desperate for a date and something just not right about them.
I think you hit the nail on the head. These sites attract both desperate women and desperate men. I would say it can't hurt to give it a try and be very respectful to your dates because they tried the site for some of the same reasons you did.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #16
Snake

On a side note. A few months back there was this new member from Florida (no more info will be given) that was trying to pick up women on this site and leaving messages on their profiles of how in love he was with them. Don't go there. All that will do is scare them off.

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:49 PM   #17
MKlein3004
Fighting Texas Aggie '08

oh i wasn't going to go there, i wouldn't to that becaue this site is for moto intrests. I was just saying that they could make the choice for themselves if i fit that catagory or not.

Old April 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #18
joyinc
ninjette.org member

Name: Joyce

Motorcycle(s): black 2010 ninja250

i've used a few of em... the free ones you have to really weed through a ton of crap but there is always the possibility of meeting someone nice.

just make sure the first time you meet them its in a public place.

oh and try to see as many pics as you can before you do. it sounds vain, but some people post the best picture they have ever taken in their life on their profile... like 50 pounds lighter, full head of hair, blah blah blah...
joyinc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 07:48 AM   #19
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
On a side note. A few months back there was this new member from Florida (no more info will be given) that was trying to pick up women on this site and leaving messages on their profiles of how in love he was with them. Don't go there. All that will do is scare them off.
ROFL oh how the hell did I miss that?
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 09:46 AM   #20
greg737
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinc View Post
i've used a few of em... the free ones you have to really weed through a ton of crap but there is always the possibility of meeting someone nice.

just make sure the first time you meet them its in a public place.

oh and try to see as many pics as you can before you do. it sounds vain, but some people post the best picture they have ever taken in their life on their profile... like 50 pounds lighter, full head of hair, blah blah blah...
It still surprises me to find out that good looking women actually use any of these dating sites.

I've been married for a while, so my memories are a bit dated (15 years now), but during my dating years it seemed that even the least attractive of the women I went out with had no shortage of options. Like a lot of average looking guys I dated several girls (and married one) that my friends classified as either "out of my league" or "way out of my league." Looking back I can't imagine any of these women even having the extra time available in their lives to waste on an online dating website.

Old April 30th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #21
joyinc
ninjette.org member

(not to assume you were talking about me lol - but you quoted me so...)

well... i work alot, in a field thats predominantly women... i do get hit on when i go to bars, but i'm not big on bars, and 99.9% of those guys there are just not my type... granted, most of the guys online arent either lol

i met one really nice guy once online, but we were better off friends, but i also met some crazies that never got a first date, just a meet for coffee... but there are some good quality people out there online... its the same as walking into a bar, you have to weed thru a lot of crap.

Old April 30th, 2010, 09:58 AM   #22
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

What do you have to lose, a few bucks? You are going to find the same number of psychos out there as you are in real life, if you are lucky you can weed them out before they have your address and telephone number. If you include a picture of you on your cycle, you can weed out the ones that really hate everything to do with motorcycles.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:28 AM   #23
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Quote:
i do get hit on when i go to bars, but i'm not big on bars, and 99.9% of those guys there are just not my type...
That's the only reason trying one of those Online sites has ever crossed my mind.

When I was younger, I had no problem meeting girls. I have girls I still talk to all over the country that I have met on various vacations and such.
But locally is a different story. I just don't know WHERE to meet girls anymore. It seems the only place I can ever find girls my age(24) is night clubs and bars and places like that. I like to drink and have fun on occasion, but I'm not into the club scene at all. If I go for a drink, I like a nice quite bar, not a loud crowded one.
And when I have met girls out in places like that, they just aren't my type. As beautiful as some of them may be, I don't have any interest in a girl that likes to go partying and get wasted every weekend.

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:40 AM   #24
joyinc
ninjette.org member

exactly! i'd rather ride or hike or camp or do something fun. getting wasted every weekend is such a waste

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #25
rage42
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 09 250R

read http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/20...online-dating/...I haven't read much of their blogs, but I hear they are all pretty good.
rage42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #26
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Why don't you just do like everyone else and put an ad in the local paper "looking for nude models".

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:46 AM   #27
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
exactly! i'd rather ride or hike or camp or do something fun. getting wasted every weekend is such a waste
See, your a perfect example, I couldn't agree more.
I go backpacking on the Appalachian trail in the summer (when I can) and camping and stuff like that. So thats the type of girl I'm interested in, and, like you, they don't generally hang out in clubs, making them difficult to find! Especially living in a major city, where pretty much everyone goes to clubs.

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #28
zartan

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg737 View Post
It still surprises me to find out that good looking women actually use any of these dating sites.
I am sure you didn't mean that the way it sounded and that on line dating is just for ugly people.
Then I also read Addy's post regarding men so I guess that is what you guys are saying.

I don't agree on that. Some people work a hella lot in with the same group of folks everyday day in and day out and never get a chance to meet. I know plenty of good looking single men and women who need dates and just can't seem to connect.

Connecting on the internet it is just as common and being on the forums now days. You would still have to be extra careful just like you would be here.
But you can learn alot about someone just kinda watching the posts etc...

sooo lucky I am not in the dating market. It is difficult in this day and age with forums tweets and myface. Peeps don't really connect live anymore. Hard to meet someone that way.

Give it a try but be cautious.

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #29
zartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
ROFL oh how the hell did I miss that?
I remember that !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelGuy View Post
Just do the free sites.

Remember women are just as crazy no matter where you meet them.
Now that is funny because being a woman I know that is sooo true
we are all crazy!!

Old April 30th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #30
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Tyler, seriously, you live in south Florida. There has to be 55 million girls down there. Just talk to everyone you meet. They have this thing called a beach in Florida, that always worked for me. I also buy stuff from stores, that hasn't shut me up when I see a hottie. Join a gym, I know many gym queens that are there for a good reason. It's like sales calls, you have to talk to enough people before you can make a sale. Talk to everyone, not just girls you are interested in. Everyone knows someone else (who could be the right one). If you want to meet someone with the same interests as you , go do the things you like to do, sooner or later you run into someone.

At 24 years old, night school is like fishing in a barrel.

Old April 30th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #31
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jenn

Motorcycle(s): Bot

I know at least one person who met their future spouse on Lavalife. i say give it a try. At the very least you'll meet a few new people and get a few new stories. Good luck.

jcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 11:14 AM   #32
clegg
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Triumph Sprint ST 1050 - Blue, Had a '09 Ninja 250R

FYI, about 3 years ago I hopped on E-Harmony and paid the fee... 15 - 20 days later I was on the first date with the woman I ended up marrying 1.5 years later.

Absolute perfect match. But it is what you make of it. The "chemistry" and "match making" tech on these sites is all just smoke and mirrors, in the end its about clearly presenting who you are, and what you are looking for in the initial conversations. If it isn’t a fit, don’t fret, just move on.

Going on 2 years of marriage now… and loving it. She even doesn’t mind me and the bike and other crazy ass hobbies.

And the thought that only broken, ugly, ill adjusted are on those sites is completely wrong. True if you are completely superficial and only want a skin deep relationship or a fling... its probably not the route to go. But for something that is a bit beyond one single aspect of someone’s personality - these sites can work. And is far less trouble and drama than going to the bars nightly.

Old April 30th, 2010, 11:30 AM   #33
ScraitT
Green!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Tyler, seriously, you live in south Florida. There has to be 55 million girls down there. Just talk to everyone you meet. They have this thing called a beach in Florida, that always worked for me. I also buy stuff from stores, that hasn't shut me up when I see a hottie. Join a gym, I know many gym queens that are there for a good reason.
At 24 years old, night school is like fishing in a barrel.
Ya I know theres 55 million girls down here, but it seems that 50 million of them are into going to clubs all weekend. I don't talk to every girls I meet, but I try to say hi to a few here and there, just never seems to develop into anything.

I'm fine with it, I'm still young, I'm not looking into rushing into anything. For now I'm happy being single and free...I just don't want to be single and free in my 40s

And as for night school, I'm 24 and have a (economically useless) degree in Architecture. School is done and over with, I got my degree But school is (was) a good place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post
It is difficult in this day and age with forums tweets and myface. Peeps don't really connect live anymore. Hard to meet someone that way.
It's funny you say that. Thats the reason I broke it off with my last gf. She was obsessed with Facebook and Texts. We virtually NEVER talked on the phone, it was text or facebook, and I just couldn't take it. When we would be together, she would barely talk, it's like she didn't know how to talk in person.

Old April 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #34
zartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
It's funny you say that. Thats the reason I broke it off with my last gf. She was obsessed with Facebook and Texts. We virtually NEVER talked on the phone, it was text or facebook, and I just couldn't take it. When we would be together, she would barely talk, it's like she didn't know how to talk in person.
I know and even in Business, most of my clients text or email. I am like saying."JUST PICK UP THE PHONE" it isn't rocket science.

Old April 30th, 2010, 12:29 PM   #35
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

I remember when we had to meet strange women face to face... the good ol days.

Old April 30th, 2010, 12:32 PM   #36
2WheelGuy

Name: Craig

Motorcycle(s): '98 EX250, '02 EX250, '08 250r, '03 SV650, '98 GSXR750 '03 Hayabusa, '87 YSR50, '84 ZX900, +MORE

In the days before helmet laws I would just ride my motorcycle around town. Girls would yell, "Take me for a ride!" And I would.
AFM #278
2WheelGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #37
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2WheelGuy View Post
In the days before helmet laws I would just ride my motorcycle around town. Girls would yell, "Take me for a ride!" And I would.
haha. this is the main reason I need to buy a second helmet. I was scurred riding without my helmet...

Old April 30th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #38
Snake

The one thing this thread proves is that all people have a built in desire to connect with another person. Now a days this can be done through work (wouldn't recommend it), forums, dating sites, bars, clubs, etc,
My point is to do what your heart tells you to do.

Old April 30th, 2010, 02:06 PM   #39
joyinc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
lol... i've quit dating guys because of what they had on their facebook. it's a fabulous way to get to know someone in five minutes!

Old April 30th, 2010, 02:11 PM   #40
Davidb1986
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r SE green with Monster energy decals!!!

Tried them and it didn't work. I started dating my best friend of 3 years and we're now engaged. I wouldn't have it any other way.