ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old August 8th, 2014, 06:04 PM   #1
tuscani451
ninjette.org member

Name: leif

Motorcycle(s): R6, Kawi 250

Who's lost the rear? (exit throttle)

This is more about what you can really get away with when throttling out of a corner on these bikes. I moved down from a built R6 so the more I've raced the more......aggressive I've become with the throttle-like stupid mid corner full throttle whacks So just to reassure me that I'm being stupid regail me with your highside stories or even if the ass end has come around on you I'd be curious to hear what happened. For reference I am running SC-2s, Elka rear shock and Racetech forks
tuscani451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2014, 09:26 AM   #2
mgentz
Board Member

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): 250R (street), 250R (dirt)

It can still happen with a 250. Don't get overly stupid mid-corner.
mgentz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
One word, rain...

Also, I had the rear bump out every now and then on the stock bits. Hasn't happened since the gsxr shock got installed. Under ideal conditions, just keep it pinned and she will pull through but you have to make a judgement call. Sometimes the better answer is to smoothly roll off, stand it up a bit to run wide and reset because gravel, wet leaves and such are sooooo unforgiving no matter what the bike is capable of.

Practice your roll off as much as your roll on. - K. Code

Last futzed with by csmith12; August 10th, 2014 at 10:48 AM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #4
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Yup. Rain.

Old August 9th, 2014, 05:59 PM   #5
autocrossn
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jones

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Only time is during the rain.. On clean pavement (no sand--Live in Wisconsin)Have never had the rear wheel come out on me... Even giving it full throttle while im in the power band
autocrossn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #6
r6boater
ninjette.org member

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): '04 R1 and '08 Ninja 250

Draik lost the rear under acceleration for the first time this past weekend. It is possible to do even with a 250 in the dry, on a very abrasive track, with an SC1.

The only contributing factor that may have caused it that we can think of is that he started dragging his lower fairing. After that, he got his body postion improved and kept it from happening again, even though he ended up getting faster.

Old September 9th, 2014, 06:35 AM   #7
ninja2007
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja

I have had the rear go slack on me...

Dropped in to a corner and didn't have any more nuts to give, to keep accelerating or hold speed as the rev's went up going to the outside of the tire.

Slacked the rear suspension and bounced like a pogo stick about 10 feet wider than anticipated.

Strange feeling, its easier to do a downhill turn when the gravity horses start tugging at you faster than motor wants to go...
ninja2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 9th, 2014, 06:38 AM   #8
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Two ways I have felt the rear go on a 250, one was those awful IRC rocks being ridden too hard at track pace (I take responsibility for that one) and two being overwhelming the rear shock and you get the rear tire skipping and hopping through the corner. Hot Texas summer days towards the end of session, ridden hard with a sticky tire and a 190lb rider, the stock shock will struggle to keep the rear wheel in check.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote