ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old January 20th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #81
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I've seen some BRZ/FRS's around Hudson when I was home for winter break. Idk if there's a wait at dealerships or what.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #82
SC90
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Think I could get away with driving a rwd car in the winter there? BRZ/FR-S is in the future would like to have it as my daily driver. That reminds guess today will have to be the last time I ride the 250 for awhile, Its gonna have to stay here till I find a way to get it over there.
You should be fine with a RWD car. Just get a set of Blizzak for the winter. I currently drive a 135i and made it around Columbus in 6inches of snow with no problem.
SC90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #83
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I've seen some BRZ/FRS's around Hudson when I was home for winter break. Idk if there's a wait at dealerships or what.
I've seen some here and there but I know they were limited production so they're not as easy to find.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #84
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That explains it. Those are some good looking cars.

Anyhow, welcome to the unofficial Ohio riders club 00NissanNinja! Would you like to hit up Mid-Ohio this summer with a few of us? Check out the thread called Mid-Ohio v2

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #85
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Yeah those cars are in limited production. Dealers, if they sell a lot of cars, usually get maybe 2-3 a month of the FR-S and the BRZ out here. If you have to order one its like a 3-6 month wait. I'm okay with the wait gives me more time to save up for a down payment. I realistically don't expect to get one till spring or later (and besides my aunt will probably be pissed if I buy one too soon). But, definitely before May, I want that college grad deal. Just didn't want to get my hopes up of getting one only to find in the winter its not a good thing to drive.

Yes, I would be interested in going to Mid-Ohio. I'll probably have that one piece suit I've had my eye on by then. I'll need to figure out how I'll trailer my bike there though. Thanks for the welcomes and the reassurance!

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #86
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Oh another college age rider? Solid. I won't be the only young one at Mid-O.

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #87
nautica
Gixxer Powered

If I can make it to Mid-O I may be able to trailer bikes if we rent a trailer. Got myself a toy hauler this week, just don't have room to store a trailer.

But my summer is already getting booked quickly so it's hard planning certain dates, just playing everything by ear.

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #88
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Even if you can't get to the day that we're planning in that thread, lemme know when you go. I want an excuse to go more than once.

Old January 20th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #89
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Ahh yes that's true too, I'm only going to have an apartment so renting is my only option. I'm gonna miss this house... Thanks for the offer @nautica, I'd pay for renting a trailer for sure. I'd be willing to go more than once too if time allows.

Yeah I'm the same major as you Chris, Mechanical Engineer graduated last year.

Old January 20th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #90
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

Maybe if you guys set up something in august too i can tag along in my street fighter! But thats if i want to go to Kenyon for college soccer. They are offering a full ride with their aids and grants. Very tempting but i need to higher my act by 2 points which i will be doing hopefully in February. But if everything goes right and they keep their word i will be heading north. I will bring all my squidness 250 in all its glory with my baby wheelies haha

Old January 21st, 2013, 03:07 AM   #91
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Even if you can't get to the day that we're planning in that thread, lemme know when you go. I want an excuse to go more than once.
Yeah I really want to do a track day this year but like I've said with a wedding this year a lot of time and extra play money is going towards that, so I'm not setting anything in stone. I'm going to remain optimistic about at least going to one track day, and if I can't hit the track maybe I'll take some pics with a good camera and hang out. Time will tell, though.

Quote:
Ahh yes that's true too, I'm only going to have an apartment so renting is my only option. I'm gonna miss this house...
Why not rent a condo if you can? Or get a first level appartment and pull the bike inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilletmo View Post
Maybe if you guys set up something in august too i can tag along in my street fighter! But thats if i want to go to Kenyon for college soccer. They are offering a full ride with their aids and grants. Very tempting but i need to higher my act by 2 points which i will be doing hopefully in February. But if everything goes right and they keep their word i will be heading north. I will bring all my squidness 250 in all its glory with my baby wheelies haha
Just keep us updated, that'd be about an hour and a half from Chris and I, but you'd only be a half hour or less from Iron Pony.

Old January 21st, 2013, 08:31 AM   #92
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Common, I can give you all the excuses you will ever need. lol

I will start off with this.... I will sign up in whatever group you do and follow you. Will have the camera rollin' the entire time.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2013, 09:31 AM   #93
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Common, I can give you all the excuses you will ever need. lol

I will start off with this.... I will sign up in whatever group you do and follow you. Will have the camera rollin' the entire time.
hmmmmmm I like that idea.

Old January 21st, 2013, 05:08 PM   #94
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Cool good to hear, thanks guys! I've really wanted that car (Even built one of those tamiya model kits) so I still wanted to get it wherever I ended up. Knowing I was moving to ohio I was like dang guess I'll have to get something with AWD. So that's reassuring.

I'm coming next week so I'm going to have to ship my car and bike and the rest of my stuff at a later date. Definitely planning to get a U-Haul to get it to my stuff to my new home (whenever I find that too). It's my first time moving out so this is gonna be an experience.
Please call the local police depts. Prior to moving to any area of dayton. Miami co. Is good
I will help you out where i can.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 21st, 2013, 06:04 PM   #95
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
00NissanNinja, your other option is to "settle" for an STI.

snot, you're an officer yes? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

Old January 21st, 2013, 07:17 PM   #96
violetta.1
ninjette.org member

Name: Chase

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:

Yeah I'm the same major as you Chris, Mechanical Engineer graduated last year.

Mechanical Engineering student here as well
violetta.1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:24 AM   #97
nautica
Gixxer Powered

I'm working towards getting into engineering as well, though not through college. Thankfully my work is planning to train me and eventually transfer me. I tried the whole college thing and just couldn't get into it but good for you guys for sticking with it.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM   #98
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Not going to do that for me?? Some friend you are haha. Seriously though, I do want to go to Mid-Ohio

@snot I will probably be going to the police department anyways since I have to do some stuff there for my security clearance.

@choneofakind Man STIs are so expensive. rustler on this forum bought one, he did so much to it. I mean he's done stage 2, new high compression pistons, all the crap to do to run E85, a host of suspension mods, and a whole hell of a lot more. I don't know where he is getting all the extra money (he share some of it haha). I've gotten dead set on a small rear-wheel drive car and the BRZ fits the bill.

Mechanical Engineering is a rough major. In my college we would often work all day 9-midnight; sometimes beyond. The professors always seemed to put their research before their classes too. It was so ridiculous, I'm glad its over lol.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:27 AM   #99
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Quote:
Not going to do that for me?? Some friend you are haha. Seriously though, I do want to go to Mid-Ohio
I will follow & record anyone that asks, as long as I can keep up. lol

Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:51 AM   #100
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
I will follow & record anyone that asks, as long as I can keep up. lol
haha I'm just joking, don't want to bore you following behind me. Although That would be cool if isn't too much of a bother, been wanting to show my family a video for ages.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:57 AM   #101
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

I have always said, "The track is a learning environment". I would be more than happy to help you out. It's never boring for me to see a HUGE smile on someones face.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:14 PM   #102
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
@00NissanNinja do you already have a job here? Or are you military?

Old January 23rd, 2013, 06:51 PM   #103
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

@csmith12 cool thanks man hopefully I can find a way out there

@snot I'm civilian service doing a contract with regards to some redesigns on a carrier aircraft. Can't share too much about it. So yes, I do have a job there, took months and hundreds of applications, but I finally landed something.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:19 PM   #104
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Mechanical Engineering is a rough major. In my college we would often work all day 9-midnight; sometimes beyond. The professors always seemed to put their research before their classes too. It was so ridiculous, I'm glad its over lol.
Our professors don't seem so bad with research since we're a private university, but some of the Chem/Physics/Bio professors are bad about that. I can't wait till next semester when we do heat transfer and fluids and systems and classes like that. Thermo is going to be hard enough this semester. Whatevs. I'm still excited!

Btw, now you totally need to come to the track with us. I'm interested in your experience with engineering at a different school, not to mention your experience job searching.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 07:58 PM   #105
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Btw, now you totally need to come to the track with us. I'm interested in your experience with engineering at a different school, not to mention your experience job searching.
Get some internships they'll help out in your job search for sure and start early, really really early, earlier than you think. I'll just tell you it took me 8 months to get anything at all. 8 months of sending resumes out, 8 months of silence and rejections. I'm still under consideration for jobs I applied to months ago and the companies never want to comment on it when I inquire. Its ridiculous that it takes months for them to make decisions. Hopefully if you have some internships (more than 1) under your belt you'll have an easier time of it. Plus for once there actually is some increase in job activity these past couple months.

Thermo isn't too bad, I liked the cycle problems (carnot, power, what ever there was). Thermo 2 was a little harder but my teacher really sucked, sometimes the students would be teaching her. Fluids was interesting, my teacher was okay for that but she always had us do things symbolically which made us have ridiculously long formulas as answers. Dynamics and systems should be fun and not too hard. Transfer functions are super easy to make once you get the hang of it. By far my favorite was component design; a lot of work but it was rewarding at the end.

But, yeah we can talk more about that stuff once I get out there.

Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:36 PM   #106
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Working on the internship for this summer. I've already applied (and have more in the plans) to 3 internships, have an interview for one next week, and I'm applying to a couple REU's as well.

Old January 24th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #107
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
@00NissanNinja the areas you will want is Fairborn or beavercreek. Stay away from Huber, New carlisle, and Dayton.

Old January 24th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #108
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Get some internships they'll help out in your job search for sure and start early, really really early, earlier than you think. I'll just tell you it took me 8 months to get anything at all. 8 months of sending resumes out, 8 months of silence and rejections. I'm still under consideration for jobs I applied to months ago and the companies never want to comment on it when I inquire. Its ridiculous that it takes months for them to make decisions.
Same thing with law enforcement jobs. Takes roughly 6 months per application you do, not to mention it can be over a thousand people applying for one or two positions.

Old January 24th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #109
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
@00NissanNinja the areas you will want is Fairborn or beavercreek. Stay away from Huber, New carlisle, and Dayton.
Thanks, good to hear another opinion. Yeah my aunt is having me stay in beavercreek. Definitely don't want to live in Dayton, and I heard some bad things about living in Huber just from looking around for places to live.

Old January 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM   #110
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Getting quiet in here..anyways, I may be selling my bike for something different but I'm not sure if I'll do that or try to make mine more comfortable for ST..If anyone is truly interested let me know.

Old January 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #111
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Brett, what would you be looking for in another bike?

and what's ST?

Old January 28th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #112
TheDementedDrummer
Present. Somewhat.

Name: Neel

Motorcycle(s): 2012 KTM Duke 200, 2011 Ninja 250r, 2011 Ducati Monster 796, 2014 Kawasaki ZX10r

Sport touring?

Old January 28th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #113
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Sport touring. If I can't sell it for what I want out of it thought hen I'll be trying to make it better suited for long rides. Not sure what kind of bike I would be looking at for sure but a better seating position is what I want. After 4 hours of riding my back needs a break ha.

Old January 29th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #114
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Anyone ride today? I saw one guy riding through kent even thought its raining.

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:50 AM   #115
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Man this thread is dead..
@choneofakind when do you get back into the area for summer break, May?

Old February 5th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #116
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

heading to Daytona next month

Any of you college guys have Spring Break off what could be better than swinging a leg over your Ninja and heading to Daytona. Depending on weather I am leaving either Saturday March 9th or Sunday the 10th. Wardie

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #117
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I think finals are the first full week of May. I'll be home that weekend and I'll get the ninjette out asap for riding.

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #118
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Good. Gotta find someone who wants to go south/south east again and explore different routes til we're lost ha so if you're up for it let me know.

Old February 5th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #119
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That sounds like a plan! I'm always up for a ride.

Old February 5th, 2013, 08:16 AM   #120
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Cool, better be prepared. My goal is to put 10k on the bike this summer, I only did 6-7k last summer and that was without commuting to work, strictly fun rides.