Old March 6th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #1
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
wtf is he blipping the throttle?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...g2C16Kc#t=606s

video of lorenzo going around a corner. it looks like he is hammering the **** out of the throttle repeatedly... with no effect seemingly... electronic throttle control testing??? is he seriously downshifting that far over? wtf is going on here!

Old March 6th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #2
mfresh
Knee-dragger in Training

Name: Manny

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R (Sunbeam Red)

Man racing at the MotoGP level looks like insanity...

No idea wtf he is doing though. Looks like blipping but that doesn't really make sense during a turn...

Old March 6th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #3
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I can't seem to load the video but from my understanding the Moto GP bike are all have an auto blip feature. It like our electronic Dinojet shifts but it works in both detections and is much more highly advanced. If he's hammering the throttle and its not during a race then it most likely test of electronic controls which nowadays could be anything on the bike.

Auto blip is an odd feature that I didn't like because it removed yet another connection to the bike. The bikes are starting to get numb with everything being assisted.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
the engine sounds smooth as butter, its clearly not shifting. but he snaps the throttle to WOT and back 3 or 4 times while close to full tilt going into a long corner... i never realized those bikes had THAT MUCH electronic input damping.

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #5
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I've read about the auto-blipping on a Kawasaki WSBK bike in an edition of Motorcyclist. It was a cool read. Basically he said that between the quick-shifter and the auto-blipper, the only time he uses the clutch is in the pits.

That's wild!! Jason, how fancy was traction control on your bumblebee bike? If Lorenzo was really going to WOT with blips like alex thinks (and from watching it, I think that looks about right) while leaned that far, he's got some really really impressive electronics going on there.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #6
krolinked
Nerd

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Ducati Hyperstrada

Sounds Like A Cheater Bike!

Old March 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #7
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
I've read about the auto-blipping on a Kawasaki WSBK bike in an edition of Motorcyclist. It was a cool read. Basically he said that between the quick-shifter and the auto-blipper, the only time he uses the clutch is in the pits.

That's wild!! Jason, how fancy was traction control on your bumblebee bike? If Lorenzo was really going to WOT with blips like alex thinks (and from watching it, I think that looks about right) while leaned that far, he's got some really really impressive electronics going on there.
My last year of racing the factory bike were using it but it was impossibly expensive or simply impossible to get your hands on it. Without the right technician behind it I'd never want to mess around with it and If given a choice ill never use it. My riding style is just to intergrated into the controls and feedback from the bike that I'd have to relearn how to ride. It's funny but in 6 short years of racing I went from young gun to old school

Electronics are all adjustable to the point that on a max setting you could just snap the throttle back and forth with no spin because it isn't just reading wheel spin but also lean angle and G-force as while. With a basic traction control setup I don't believe it has the required number of sensors and proccessors to cope with what you see in the video.
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I think he's downshifting late. You can't really hear the engine note in the video until he starts accelerating, and at that point he isn't shifting anymore. Either way, shifting that late while that leaned over, shows incredible faith in both his own skills and the smoothness of the shifting electronics.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #9
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
werd Alex, werd.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #10
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
It's a new (top secret) rear brake control.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.