ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 15th, 2014, 12:26 AM   #1
itslocfoo
ninjette.org member

Name: Loc

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

What does your ninja 250 sound like when warmed up?

I was riding with one my friend that owns a ninja 250, he actually has a 1989 ninja 250 and the engine sounds so smooth compared to mine. My bike makes a gogging and popping noise is that normal? whats wrong?

And I another question for my friend, he recently rebuilt his bike he took it to the shop and got everything done. When we were riding his bike often stalled he said its because the bike over heats a lot, we would have to wait a few mins to start it up. Do you guys know what is wrong?

Thank you so much guys.

here's the bike in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tup9...e_gdata_player
the stripes on the fender are from previous owner :[

Last futzed with by itslocfoo; January 15th, 2014 at 02:13 AM.
itslocfoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
it sounds like "VRrrrommmm! vrrrrooooom!"

Old January 15th, 2014, 12:29 AM   #3
itslocfoo
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
it sounds like "VRrrrommmm! vrrrrooooom!"
hahahaha i meant when its idling. My bad.

Old January 15th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #4
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Sounds like you have a platypus in your airbox. Usually takes a crane to get it out.

Your friend on the other hand........he's got a flaming squirrel. Tell him to sell the bike and pray that it doesn't remember his address.
CVMA #531
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old January 15th, 2014, 01:00 AM   #5
itslocfoo
ninjette.org member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
Sounds like you have a platypus in your airbox. Usually takes a crane to get it out.

Your friend on the other hand........he's got a flaming squirrel. Tell him to sell the bike and pray that it doesn't remember his address.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
speechless.

Old January 15th, 2014, 05:56 AM   #6
CaptainPlatypus
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '86 Honda VFR700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerboy531 View Post
CaptainPlatypus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2014, 06:10 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by itslocfoo View Post
hahahaha i meant when its idling. My bad.
Idle you say?

putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt putt
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2014, 06:17 AM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Seriously though, the differences in sound could come from many things;

Exhaust can
Air filter
Tuning
Valve lash
Vacuum leaks
many many more

First check inside your airbox for debris and the condition of your filter. Then check for vacuum leaks by misting some carb cleaner around the carbs, intake and airbox boots and near vac lines.

Old January 15th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #9
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
sounds like an orgasm in my ear hole, not to be confused with someone orgasming into my ear hole

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2014, 06:36 AM   #10
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Name: Daniel "God"

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

brum brum brum brum brum brumbrum brum brum brum brum brum click VRUUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM click VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM click vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo red light mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm click VRUM ooooooommmmmmm click VRUM click VRUM ooooooommmmmmm click VRUM ooooooommmmmmm OH GREEN LIGHT VVVVVVVVVVVRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM And then I speed away never to be seen again.
xaple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #11
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
And I another question for my friend, he recently rebuilt his bike he took it to the shop and got everything done. When we were riding his bike often stalled he said its because the bike over heats a lot, we would have to wait a few mins to start it up. Do you guys know what is wrong?

Thank you so much guys.

here's the bike in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tup9...e_gdata_player
the stripes on the fender are from previous owner :[
Another serious post here.

1st, your video is marked private
2nd, Tell you friend to check the coolant level in this bike. If it's full, he may have to burp it. Or more rare, but if the cap is damaged it may need to be replaced.

Old January 15th, 2014, 07:46 AM   #12
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Your friend needs to cure the overheating problem before he has some major issues.

Check that the overflow bottle is at the proper level, then remove the cap (engine has to be cold) and confirm the level in the radiator is up to the top. If so, you need to look farther. Most likely either the thermostat is not opening properly or the radiator itself is plugged - but I wouldn't ride it until you have it figured out and fixed.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2014, 09:25 AM   #13
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
overheating can sometimes be caused by too lean jets.

Old January 15th, 2014, 09:29 AM   #14
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
overheating can sometimes be caused by too lean jets.
Wouldn't the pipes glow red as well with that? I dunno if that is a dumb question or not. I have never been THAT far off on my jetting to overheat an engine.

Old January 15th, 2014, 09:32 AM   #15
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
depends on the air temp. if its cool outside, the pipes get great convection cooling but if its hot they'll definitely glow. even if the engine temp is fine you can glow your pipes from hard work. (well you know, depends on the material of the pipe)

honestly if your cooling system is working at all it shouldn't be able to overheat. it probably just needs to be flushed with some new stuff. i bet its looking mighty black right now