ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 14th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #1
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Name: Clint

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Rode a Harley Street Bob today.

First reaction: Holy crap this thing is heavy.
Second reaction: Holy crap this thing is awesome. It pulled so effortlessly, shifted so smoothly, and after the third turn or so, it turned so easily as well, more handle bar input than leaning. It was full of torque, but not the least bit jerky, even when i would crank the throttle while already rolling. I never thought i would like a cruiser, but i might have to reconsider now. It was quite the difference from the whining Ninjette even only at 40 mph. The gears shifted like butter, and getting into neutral was kinda challenging cause it required very little pressure; and I also was not used to a useful first gear, lol. If only they were so darned expensive...
clintalmighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #2
Nny
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha R6 (street), GSXR 750 (track) and a Harley FXDB

Yep, those are some reasons why I have mine as well as the Ninja. To quote someone else: "You can't compare the two types of bikes like apples to oranges. It's more like apples to orangutans." You were looking at the right things when you did the test ride. I mean, it isn't a sportbike afterall. I put a big sundowner seat on mine with highway pegs. I can EASILY throw down a 8+ hour day with no rest breaks - only the mandatory gas/food/ bathroom. Last time I did that actually I ate my supper sitting on the bike at the gas station.

Sticker price was around $11k when I got mine. I think it went up a bit since then. OTD was a bit more.

I love both my street bob and ninja for what they can do.

Previous rides: Ninja 650, Ninja 250, Goldwing and a Nightster
Nny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 05:54 AM   #3
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

I'm not old enough to ride a cruiser.
Plus I like to go faster than 40 mph.
And I don't like it when Yugo's honk at me when I'm trying to accelerate up to speed on the interstate.
n4mwd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:21 AM   #4
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nny View Post
Yep, those are some reasons why I have mine as well as the Ninja. To quote someone else: "You can't compare the two types of bikes like apples to oranges. It's more like apples to orangutans." You were looking at the right things when you did the test ride. I mean, it isn't a sportbike afterall. I put a big sundowner seat on mine with highway pegs. I can EASILY throw down a 8+ hour day with no rest breaks - only the mandatory gas/food/ bathroom. Last time I did that actually I ate my supper sitting on the bike at the gas station.

Sticker price was around $11k when I got mine. I think it went up a bit since then. OTD was a bit more.

I love both my street bob and ninja for what they can do.
Yeah, I surely wasn't trying to ride like a sportbike. It was my first time riding a cruiser. At first I was intimidated by the 1400+cc engine, but the power delivery is sooo different, and wasn't the least bit intimidating and I liked it alot, and dang it felt so stable at speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
And I don't like it when Yugo's honk at me when I'm trying to accelerate up to speed on the interstate.
1400+cc it accelerates pretty well. Much better than the Ninja. More tourque (81 ft-lb) than HP (67), so technically the horsepower-to-weight ratio is pretty close to the Ninja. But torque is like 5 times more, lol. If I would be doing any type of distance riding, or any riding with a passenger, a cruiser wins by far.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #5
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintalmighty View Post
1400+cc it accelerates pretty well. Much better than the Ninja. More tourque (81 ft-lb) than HP (67), so technically the horsepower-to-weight ratio is pretty close to the Ninja. But torque is like 5 times more, lol. If I would be doing any type of distance riding, or any riding with a passenger, a cruiser wins by far.
and here I was thinking if a cruiser ever wanted to race me from a stoplight I had an easy win
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #6
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I've had a bunch of Harleys. Got my first FLH at 19. I rode that bike all over the country. Never had a problem with it and the memories are priceless. I had a dozen or so since then too. It's a different type of ride but it's a fun and rewarding ride.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #7
Nny
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Excuse me sir! but my internet ego can beat up your internet ego!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMj3e4_XoOA

Old May 15th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #8
n4mwd

Quote:
Excuse me sir! but my internet ego can beat up your internet ego!
You're only saying that because your brains are still vibrating from the ride on the harley. I've seen them at stoplights. Its amazing that they don't crack their motor mounts a lot - if they even have them. Plus I like to ride something that gets descent gas mileage and still lets me accelerate 0-60 in 6 seconds. Last I heard, harleys and many cruisers are gas HOGs. Its also nice to be able to go around a corner without having to slow down to 3 mph.

Old May 15th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #9
n4mwd

Quote:
The part you are leaving out is the weight of the thing. Heavier bikes need more torque and HP just to break even. Ninjettes can go 0-60 in 6 seconds. Can the 1400 cc gas HOG do that?

Old May 15th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #10
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
D, do I detect some Harley envy?

Old May 15th, 2011, 07:42 AM   #11
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

Quote:
The part you are leaving out is the weight of the thing. Heavier bikes need more torque and HP just to break even. Ninjettes can go 0-60 in 6 seconds. Can the 1400 cc gas HOG do that?
My friend has an 07 Harley Dynaglide, completely stock. At any speed he will pull away from my 250r like I'm sitting still. There is no competition. He can be 2 gears up and still pull on my because of the torque.

Almost any bike will do 40-50 mpg if you ride them reasonably. The Dynaglide is rated around 50-55 mpg highway, and it's pretty accurate from what I have read, which isn't too far off what the 250r does.

Try researching a little before you just assume things. I will probably never own a Harley, but they are nice bikes that are reasonably priced and perform well.

Old May 15th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #12
Nny
ninjette.org member

At first my sarcasm meter was going off on your first post... not so much anymore. You are kidding right, I mean, you dont really beleive that crap do you n4mwd?

Old May 15th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #13
tapdiggy
Humble Observer

Name: Truong

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Yamaha XT250

Quote:
Ya, and don't forget that in top gear the 250 has a 80-110mph time of... oh wait.

Silly D, you make me teehee.

Old May 15th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #14
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
My friend has an 07 Harley Dynaglide, completely stock. At any speed he will pull away from my 250r like I'm sitting still. There is no competition. He can be 2 gears up and still pull on my because of the torque.

Almost any bike will do 40-50 mpg if you ride them reasonably. The Dynaglide is rated around 50-55 mpg highway, and it's pretty accurate from what I have read, which isn't too far off what the 250r does.

Try researching a little before you just assume things. I will probably never own a Harley, but they are nice bikes that are reasonably priced and perform well.
Well the pregen ninjette gets about 70 mpg. I did do some research and the 1400cc dynaglide does out accelerate a 250cc ninja by one second in the 0-60 test. So what we are saying here is that it takes a cruiser over 1000cc just to break even with a ninja. A more fair comparison is to the Ninja ZX-14. That also has a 1400cc engine and accelerates 0-60 in just 2.5 seconds so hang on tight. Not many cruisers can match that.

Here are some other bikes:

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH]Bike[/TH][TH]0-60 mph(secs)[/TH][TH]38-90mph (secs)[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]HD V-Rod: [/TD][TD]3.9[/TD][TD]9.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]HD Dyna Glide:[/TD][TD]4.7 [/TD][TD]13.5[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Honda VTX 1800[/TD][TD]5.4[/TD][TD]14.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500[/TD][TD]5.4[/TD][TD]14.6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Moto-Guzzi[/TD][TD]5.8[/TD][TD]15.8[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]HD Heritage[/TD][TD]6.0[/TD][TD]21.1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Yamaha Wild Star[/TD][TD]6.3[/TD][TD]17.4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Honda VTX 1300[/TD][TD]6.4[/TD][TD]14.7[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]BMW c1200[/TD][TD]6.4[/TD][TD]21.9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Suzuki VN 1500 Intruder[/TD][TD]6.4[/TD][TD]22.0[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

PS-I have no clue as to why the above table didn't display right.

Old May 15th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #15
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
A more fair comparison is
Apples to oranges?

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 08:50 AM   #16
ScraitT
Green!

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, 04 Honda CRF230F, 94 Honda XR80R

You're comparing a cruiser to race inspired bike. None of the bikes listed are slow...sure a 1400 sport bike is going to slaughter a 1400 cruiser, but they are built for completely different purposes.

And since you mentioned gas HOG....the Harley has no problem getting into the 50s mpg, while most zx1400s are in the mid 30s, some can barely touch 40.

It's like comparing something like a Bentley and a Lamborghini. Of course the Lamborghini will be faster in every way, but the bentley wasn't made to be a race car, it was made to be more of a cruiser.

Old May 15th, 2011, 08:51 AM   #17
Cab305
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cab

Motorcycle(s): Blue 10 250r

What makes the ninjette so awesome it's light and agile and loads of fun to ride spirited while not breaking the sound barrier.

Sure HDs are great at being HDs, but I'm not looking to a bike as a main transport. I look to my bike for fun not comfort, that's why I want a Ducati.
Cab305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #18
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab305 View Post
What makes the ninjette so awesome it's light and agile and loads of fun to ride spirited while not breaking the sound barrier.
Yes, exactly. What good is having a bike that is no fun? Ninjettes are great in that you can have a lot of fun and not break the bank at the gas pump.

Still, a friend of mine has a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 cruiser. He says he wants a bigger one because he wants faster acceleration and a 6th gear. If you have read all my posts here you already know what I told him.

So I don't mean to make fun of all the cruiser dudes out there because one day I will be that old too. At that time, I will need something big with an automatic transmission to impress all the old ladies in the nursing home on bingo night.

Old May 15th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #19
Nny
ninjette.org member

Well guys, I truly apologize. Had I known D believed what he was saying, I never would have egged him on to turn this into such a negative thread. What I love about this site is the amount of open minded members and respect everyone gives no matter what bike is ridden or opinion stated. Didn't realize D was not one of those people.

Clint, good for you for trying something else out and seeing it for what it truly is.
Have a good rest of the weekend guys. I am done with a thread like this.

Old May 15th, 2011, 09:56 AM   #20
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraitT View Post
You're comparing a cruiser to race inspired bike. None of the bikes listed are slow...sure a 1400 sport bike is going to slaughter a 1400 cruiser, but they are built for completely different purposes.

And since you mentioned gas HOG....the Harley has no problem getting into the 50s mpg, while most zx1400s are in the mid 30s, some can barely touch 40.

It's like comparing something like a Bentley and a Lamborghini. Of course the Lamborghini will be faster in every way, but the bentley wasn't made to be a race car, it was made to be more of a cruiser.
Yah, like bringing the best oval track "racing" bike EVER, a 750cc, into the picture. Yes it happens to be a HD. Harleys beat bikes on just there torque alone, you should see them do the mamba at same time. Now their bringing up the ponies as well. Only mod needed (not really) is gas shocks.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 10:02 AM   #21
n4mwd

Well, nny, appology accepted. This goes to show you that some people love cruisers and other people hate them.

Here is a video that pretty well explains it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvOJDlMTlsg

Old May 15th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #22
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You're only saying that because your brains are still vibrating from the ride on the harley. I've seen them at stoplights. Its amazing that they don't crack their motor mounts a lot - if they even have them. Plus I like to ride something that gets descent gas mileage and still lets me accelerate 0-60 in 6 seconds. Last I heard, harleys and many cruisers are gas HOGs. Its also nice to be able to go around a corner without having to slow down to 3 mph.
Thanks for ruining my thread. This board is not a place for posters like you. Go flame and post your ignorance on the Kawiforums... But the street bob will beat a ninjette off the line any day of the week. It weighs about 650 lbs. that is why I said the HP/weight ratio is closer than what some would think. But there is really no comparison between the two; and it does get 50-55 mpg.

Quote:
Well guys, I truly apologize. Had I known D believed what he was saying, I never would have egged him on to turn this into such a negative thread. What I love about this site is the amount of open minded members and respect everyone gives no matter what bike is ridden or opinion stated. Didn't realize D was not one of those people.

Clint, good for you for trying something else out and seeing it for what it truly is.
Have a good rest of the weekend guys. I am done with a thread like this.
Thanks, I appreciate it. It is a friend/co-workers bike so I look forward to being allowed to take it for a spin again soon

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #23
n4mwd

Quote:
Thanks for ruining my thread. This board is not a place for posters like you. Go flame and post your ignorance on the Kawiforums... But the street bob will beat a ninjette off the line any day of the week. It weighs about 650 lbs. that is why I said the HP/weight ratio is closer than what some would think. But there is really no comparison between the two; and it does get 50-55 mpg.
Well excuse me sir, but I was the one that was singled out for posting my opinion. This is a ninja forum and not a cruiser forum.

You are comparing a 1400cc bike with a 250cc bike and you think that's a fair comparison. Even still, the ninjette is only one second slower in 0-60 tests. Get real.

Old May 15th, 2011, 01:17 PM   #24
KJohnson21

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Well excuse me sir, but I was the one that was singled out for posting my opinion.
Poor D got "singled out". Maybe he should go start his own thread instead hijacking someone else's.

If I understand Clint correctly, he's not going to go trade his powerful 250R in on a pitiful HD. He was just saying that he was pleasantly surprised with his HD test ride, and not horribly disappointed.

Quote:
Get real.
Tell us about the experiences you've had on your test rides, HD or otherwise.

Old May 15th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #25
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohnson21 View Post
If I understand Clint correctly, he's not going to go trade his powerful 250R in on a pitiful HD. He was just saying that he was pleasantly surprised with his HD test ride, and not horribly disappointed.
While I wouldn't call the HD pitiful, I certainly wouldn't want it as my only bike. The Ninjette is way too much fun and economically practical to give up for something that costs 3-4x more. I enjoy darting around town, and practicing my skills through the twisties on the ninjette way too much. However, one day I hope to own a cruiser along with a sportbike. One for the track and when I'm feeling spirited on the backroads, the other for comfort and those lazy afternoon cruises.

Old May 15th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #26
KJohnson21

Quote:
powerful 250R in on a pitiful HD.
Just to be clear, this part is dripping with sarcasm.

Old May 15th, 2011, 02:21 PM   #27
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Just to be clear, this part is dripping with sarcasm.
caught the 250R part...wasn't sure about the other

Old May 15th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #28
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
There is always a time in a thread to stop posting.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #29
n4mwd

Quote:
Poor D got "singled out". Maybe he should go start his own thread instead hijacking someone else's.
Well D isn't the one who came to a Ninja forum and posted "[The Harley] was quite the difference from the whining Ninjette ..." You can't post such an emotionally charged statement like that and not expect a response. As I look back on it, I can clearly see that it was intended to be flame bait. Shame on me for taking the bait so easily.

Old May 15th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #30
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

The ninjette does whine, if whining means screaming at high rpm. A CBR1000RR whines in comparison to an RC51. Assuming if someone said vs the revving ninjette that would be ok. I for one love the whining, eh revving sound, so long as not at ear splitting decibels.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #31
MrBrownTX
ninjette.org member

Name: Brown

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja EX250

Back to the OP, Street Bobs are gorgeous bikes. I hope to be able to afford one some day, but I don't expect that any time soon.
MrBrownTX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #32
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
The ninjette does whine, if whining means screaming at high rpm. A CBR1000RR whines in comparison to an RC51. Assuming if someone said vs the revving ninjette that would be ok. I for one love the whining, eh revving sound, so long as not at ear splitting decibels.
The ninjette really doesn't sound like a motorcycle unless you get a slip on for it. However, everyone who has made fun of my ninjette doesn't ride at all, so I do not ever put stock in the wannabe riders who tell me I ride a scooter/moped that sounds like a go-kart. But i do admit the stock exhaust can doesn't sound all that great either. It is the high revving that makes it fun though.

It is awesome how great the ninja has served its purpose in making me a better rider, when it comes to technique and building good habits. Aside from the obvious weight difference, the Street Bob was so easy to ride, whereas my co-worker admitted he could not shift smoothly over half the time on the ninjette. I had to tell him it was ok to rev it over 4k rpm (which is where he was shifting). No wonder he couldn't get it to go anywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrownTX View Post
Back to the OP, Street Bobs are gorgeous bikes. I hope to be able to afford one some day, but I don't expect that any time soon.
Honestly I never appreciated it just seeing it sit in my work parking area every day, until I rode it. It is a pretty awesome bike. It is a completely different style; I am in no way trying to compare it to the ninjette, because they are on two different sides of the motorcycle spectrum. It's just that's all i have it to compare to because I have only ridden a couple different 250s and now the HD, aside from small dirt bikes a few years back.

Old May 16th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #33
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

One of the funnest times I've had on a race track, while not actually racing, was when I took a harley race bike out onto rd atlanta for a spin. The speed wasn't there but when you were exiting the corner there was all this torque to play with! I really had a blast on it. The suspension was done up nice and for briggs and stratton technology it was a pretty nice ride. It competed in it's own class vs other harleys.

I've never owned a harley but its just because I always thought they were way over priced for the performance you get (or don't get). I could see me gettin into a v rod someday though .... when I gets to be older

Old May 16th, 2011, 04:22 PM   #34
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

I test rode an 08 nightster a few months ago, I have to say I am seriously considering picking up a sportster down the road.

Old May 17th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #35
heylookitsfranco
ninjette.org member

Name: Franco

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2006 Ninja 636

VRods are gorgeous bikes. too bad they cost as much as small cars.

Quote:
You can't post such an emotionally charged statement like that and not expect a response. As I look back on it, I can clearly see that it was intended to be flame bait. Shame on me for taking the bait so easily.
That wasn't flame-bait, you're just looking for a fight, hehe. The intention of this thread was merely to share and compare riding experiences--there was no 'who's got the bigger D' contest to begin with. Be respectful, or be haughty somewhere else.

Old May 17th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #36
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by heylookitsfranco View Post
That wasn't flame-bait, you're just looking for a fight, hehe. The intention of this thread was merely to share and compare riding experiences--there was no 'who's got the bigger D' contest to begin with. Be respectful, or be haughty somewhere else.
Sure looked like flame bait to me.

First, this is a ninja forum. I am in the right place. People who want to brag about how great cruisers are and how sorry and whiney Ninjas are should go find another forum, not me.

Second, Ninjas don't whine. They have a wide RPM range with a huge power curve. They don't whine at any RPM. If yours does, then your bearings are shot and/or you need to put oil in it.

Third, From the Harley website:

Engine: 1610cc
Cooling: Air
MPG: 35 city
Weight: 667 lbs
Tires: Spoke and tube
Price: $13,000+
Fun/$ ratio: Low

So yes the street bob can keep up with the Ninjette, but with an engine that is almost 6 times bigger, a price tag 3 times bigger with half the fuel economy, it can't help it.

Has anybody else noticed that the low frequency concussive exhaust from cruisers causes migraines.

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #37
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

No NO NO NO No! I'm getting the last word in here! word.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 07:49 AM   #38
CC Cowboy

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Sorry John, that is only the last word in your post. The real last world in the thread should be Harley.

Old May 17th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #39
clintalmighty
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Sure looked like flame bait to me.

First, this is a ninja forum. I am in the right place. People who want to brag about how great cruisers are and how sorry and whiney Ninjas are should go find another forum, not me.

Second, Ninjas don't whine. They have a wide RPM range with a huge power curve. They don't whine at any RPM. If yours does, then your bearings are shot and/or you need to put oil in it.

Third, From the Harley website:

Engine: 1610cc
Cooling: Air
MPG: 35 city
Weight: 667 lbs
Tires: Spoke and tube
Price: $13,000+
Fun/$ ratio: Low

So yes the street bob can keep up with the Ninjette, but with an engine that is almost 6 times bigger, a price tag 3 times bigger with half the fuel economy, it can't help it.

Has anybody else noticed that the low frequency concussive exhaust from cruisers causes migraines.
Not intended to be flame bait. Just pointing out how different it was, and that I liked it. It was nice to twist the throttle and actually move and feel what low end power really is. I was not trying to diss the baby ninja, but that's really what it is, a baby. I love my ninja for the reasons you state, but you don't buy a Harley for its performance or because its cheap. It's great at what it does: cruise; and for people who feel the need to feed their ego and act like a badass. It was however disappointing when I got back on the ninja, and realized how much it was really lacking. It costs over three times more so obviously its going to be a better/nicer bike, but I wouldn't want one as a daily driver, so it's not justifiable to spend over 10 grand on something just to cruise around on.