ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Closed Thread

Old July 28th, 2011, 10:51 AM   #161
Honko
ninjette.org sage

Name: Hyon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnNinjaGirl View Post
The other day I was riding my Ninja whilst wearing full protective gear. In addition, I didn't lowside, highside or otherwise come in contact with any other object that is destructive to my bike or myself.

:-)

Old July 28th, 2011, 10:53 AM   #162
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
i don't disagree with this however you still didn't answer my question. there will be times when cars are next to you. if you don't think so then you've never been in california.
Does California applies for the rest of the world? Get out of CA once in a while, it may be good for you to see the rest of the world.

Quote:
answers inline in bold:

all i can present was my perspective of the incident.
Of course, that's the reason that you personally could not have avoided the accident, because you lack the foresight to get yourself out of trouble spots in the first place.

Quote:
maybe she would say a child jumped out of the street in front of her? who knows what she *would* have said. the point is that she fled so noone could get "her side". why would i lie about getting hit by a car? that's not something to brag about. and yes... i'm sure if i impaled myself in her side window she wouldn't have fled... maybe. is that what you would do? i prefer less damage to myself and my bike rather than knowing who hit me.
That's your provocative. She 'hit-n-ran' according to you, I would have no trouble getting to her for what she deserved during and after the accident.

Quote:
we're getting off point. and i think after this i'm giving up on trying to tell others what this point is... i'll try to make it as clear as possible though:there is always a chance that a freak, uncontrollable accident will happen that is out of your control. you may be able to do many many things to reduce those chances and avoid them for a long time, but there is always a chance you don't catch everything. maybe this wasn't the perfect example. i'm not saying noone could have avoided my accident. what i am saying is that if there is a chance you might be involved in an accident (which is anytime you're riding on the street with other cars, in your own flow of traffic, or an opposing flow), why not try to prevent some potential injuries by wearing a damn helmet?
I never said all incidents are avoidable, sure there is always a chance, but if you ride cautiously and be aware of your surrounding at all time on your motorcycle, you are less likely to get into accidents. Wearing gear alone is not as effective as avoiding accidents by being cautious or knowing the capabilities of your vehicle and controlling it.

Quote:
answer me this question: have you ever ridden on an open highway (no center-divide) where there is an opposing flow of traffic? have you ever ridden through a blind intersection? if you've ridden much at all the answer most likely is yes.
Open highway without devide? what does that mean?
opposing flow of traffic? what's every road without one-way?
I've ridden through blind intersections, but not without checking for clearance.
I don't see the point of your questions.

You failed to provide the answers to my questions in my previous post. I will not answer any more of your questions until you do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Alex.s there is no point arguing with a forum troll who I am starting to doubt rides a bike or was ever in the military. He is just too cocky and stupid to listen to anyone other than his own greatness. Just put him on ignore and let him think he is god. I will not be responding to his BS that he made up about my accident. I know for a fact there was nothing one could do to avoid it other than just not being the next person in front of her. If not me and my bike it would have been whatever car was there.

Just let it go and leave him to his greatness, eventually it will catch up with him and pop that massive ego he has.
Just calling someone a troll doesn't make your arguments any more valid.

I never call you names or call you stupid or arrogant, tough your ideas may be.
I pose valid possibilities to your accident and how you could have avoided it.

You only see what you could do, but failed to see other possibilities, we all have that in common in life, but important thing is to learn from your mistakes.

I never revealed my mistakes so there is nothing for you to pick up and hit me against.
That's the reason you're giving up.

Old July 29th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #163
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
That looks really painful I don't think anyone makes it through life without getting some scars though. It sounds like you've learnt from this. Hopefully you'll keep enjoying riding after you've healed up... this time with gear obviously.

Sadly you've had to learn from your own experience. For everyone else: watch this.

Vitamin C is the thing you need to help your body repair its skin - I guess all your best advice will come from your doctor though.

Last futzed with by akima; July 29th, 2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: rephrase

Old July 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM   #164
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
N Ja,

like you said, not all accidents are avoidable. with that statement in mind, is there any reason to not take precautions to try to minimize potential injury caused by such an unavoidable accident?

Old July 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #165
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Sorry about your crash. To answer your question about how long it will take to heal--to the point that you are not in pain--my estimate is a minimum of ten weeks.

As a former bicycle racer, I am very familiar with road rash.

When the scabs come off, use lots of Aloe Vera. Don't use Aloe if there is still weeping and excessive sensitivity.

It was a long thread. I will say, and have said so before on this forum, that the mantra "There are two kinds of motorcyclists--those who have crashed and those who will" That, folks, is a myth.

I have been riding since 1958--mostly touring bikes. I had a Ninja for two years, and now have a 700cc Sport Touring bike. I have never had an accident in a cage or on a motorcycle.

Why? 1.) Advanced MSF Course every spring.
2.) One Track day a year minimum
3.) ATTGATT
4.) Safety check the bike each morning

Cage: Defensive driving course once a year. Keeping the car in top condition.
Checking tire pressure weekly.

I am 69 years old and plan to ride a long time.
The last time I checked, I have logged 350,000+ miles on my bikes. I stopped counting--kind of like birthdays when you get to my age.

Old July 29th, 2011, 01:55 PM   #166
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
I have been riding since 1958--mostly touring bikes. I had a Ninja for two years, and now have a 700cc Sport Touring bike. I have never had an accident in a cage or on a motorcycle.

3.) ATTGATT

You...are my hero. No need to play Superman at a redlight to make you a hero either!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson

Old July 29th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #167
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
It was a long thread. I will say, and have said so before on this forum, that the mantra "There are two kinds of motorcyclists--those who have crashed and those who will" That, folks, is a myth.

3.) ATTGATT

Cage: Defensive driving course once a year. Keeping the car in top condition.
Checking tire pressure weekly.

I am 69 years old and plan to ride a long time.
The last time I checked, I have logged 350,000+ miles on my bikes. I stopped counting--kind of like birthdays when you get to my age.
I have avoided getting a motorcycle all this time because of the accident stats and scare stories. At some point it clicked that these accidents and injuries are far less likely to occur if I do the kind of things you've mentioned.

I rode a motorcycle for the first time this month and loved it. It's possible I will be in an accident, but I'm setting my focus on safe riding practices and safe journeys; just like target fixation is bad on a micro level, I suspect it's probably bad on a macro level too. I think focusing on an expectation that you will fall may way play a part in causing you to fall. That philosophy extends beyond motorcycles I think. Focus on what you want. This guy expresses it quite well:

Choose not to fall.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Amazing, huh!

Old July 29th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #168
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I am making my kids watch that video. A breath of fresh air....

Old July 29th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #169
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
VERY cool video. Choose not to fall. Target fixate on that. I like how you think, Akima! Nice!

Old July 29th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #170
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 250

cannot believe what I have been reading on this thread. typical "it wont happen to me" because "I am a save driver". I really want to call people names but I wont, it really would not make a difference.

Alex I don't know why people did not understand your accident, it was perfectly clear to me the first time and English is not even my first language, no collage ether. sombo it could be because I also am ET lol.

All I have to say (and some have been said before) is they are called accidents for a reason, just because you are very good at avoiding them does not mean you will avoid ALL of them. To say that you don't always need to ride with gear because you will rely on your riding skills does not make sense to me.

all accidents are avoidable in hindsight.

to alex and sombo, I would just stop wasting my time with them.

I will continue to ride with my gear regardless of how safe of a rider I become.

I sincerely hope no one has to be proven wrong.

Old July 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #171
"A"
vampire

Choose not to fall, how about choose not to get into accidents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
cannot believe what I have been reading on this thread. typical "it wont happen to me" because "I am a save driver". I really want to call people names but I wont, it really would not make a difference.
If accidents do happen to a person, do you consider that person a good or safe rider?
Why do you feel the need to call names?

Quote:
Alex I don't know why people did not understand your accident, it was perfectly clear to me the first time and English is not even my first language, no collage ether. sombo it could be because I also am ET lol.
Critical thinking is beyond understanding of descriptions.
Maybe English 102 is what you need to provide you more insight beyond simple reading and understanding.

Quote:
All I have to say (and some have been said before) is they are called accidents for a reason, just because you are very good at avoiding them does not mean you will avoid ALL of them. To say that you don't always need to ride with gear because you will rely on your riding skills does not make sense to me.
Nobody is claiming that he or she can avoid all accidents.
If riding skills are less important than riding gear, any paraleigic can ride a motorcycle if you put a full suit and a helmet on them, does that make sense to you?

Quote:
all accidents are avoidable in hindsight.

to alex and sombo, I would just stop wasting my time with them.
By asking another person how they might react in response of their own accident, that's asking hindsight, wouldn't you agree?

Quote:
I will continue to ride with my gear regardless of how safe of a rider I become.

I sincerely hope no one has to be proven wrong.
Do you think wearing gear alone is going to reduce your chance of getting into accidents?

Old July 29th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #172
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

hey A I really don't care to change your mind that much, I really don't want to get in to this over analyze and quote game.

you can NOT choose to "not get in to accidents" or "not to fall". that is a silly statement. if your talking about the power of the mind and visualizing then say that, you can still get into an accident regardless. If someone had one accident I would not consider them unsafe, if they had many accidents then I would probably consider them unsafe. Why? because safe riders CAN have an accident, if you have record its probably more on the individual. I don't need to take an English class to understand simple forum post, I did not practice critical thinking when reading alex's post. I was not trying to solve a problem lol, just actually reading each word with out assuming, its in black and white.

If your not claiming that you can avoid all accidents than you can agree that you should wear your gear regardless of how safe you are right? btw I never said gear is more important than riding skills, nether did alex or sombo, riding skills are not in question here and that is the problem you seem to ignore, again they are call accidents for a reason. that's your third strike, you are on the ignore list hahaha no JK .

what I am trying to say is that riding skills are not related to riding gear at all, completely different things one gets you out of accidents the other protects you once (if) you have an accident. no one is arguing that except you and J. the reason I said every accident is avoidable in hindsight is because no matter what you will always find a way to say it was the riders fault and the accident was avoidable.

Old July 29th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #173
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

When it comes to vehicles ...
There are NO "accidents"..
In 1 way shape or form it is a lapse/lack in judgement/paying attention EVERY TIME... Whether that is yours or someone else's fault.
The term "accident" is a b*llsh*t word people used to ease their conscious!

I didn't have an "accident" on my 04 250.. I f*cked up and crashed it!

Old July 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #174
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
When it comes to vehicles ...
There are NO "accidents"..
In 1 way shape or form it is a lapse/lack in judgement/paying attention EVERY TIME... Whether that is yours or someone else's fault.
The term "accident" is a b*llsh*t word people used to ease their conscious!

i agree with you, "Whether that is yours or someone else's fault" so no matter how safe you are you cant control someone else.

Old July 29th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #175
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

Quote:
i agree with you, "Whether that is yours or someone else's fault" so no matter how safe you are you cant control someone else.
Nope can't control them at all, you can try to predict their actions.
You can shoot them for frakin up your bike

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM   #176
Suave
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Natural selection will take it's course, i guess.
You're right, I suppose those that ride with concentration and caution will outlive those that don't.

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #177
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

there are no accidents = FATE

FATE SUCKS

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:49 PM   #178
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
You're right, I suppose those that ride with concentration and caution will outlive those that don't.
Correct, but those that do the same AND wear their gear will outlive the ones that dont.

Old July 29th, 2011, 09:54 PM   #179
Suave
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Correct, but those that do the same AND wear their gear will outlive the ones that dont.
I never denied that Im just saying between the two, one is more important to have than the other

Old July 29th, 2011, 11:23 PM   #180
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
in my opinion they're both important. apparently certain people disagree?

Old July 29th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #181
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Well you know I don't disagree.

Old July 30th, 2011, 12:25 AM   #182
ungluck
sleeper

Name: chris

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '10 690 duke

no gear, no tpaying attention....could've been different in many ways. so, you got the outcome you inheredited through decisions you made immediately and much earlier.

you'll heal..but i hope the lesson learned stays with you as you ride on

Old July 30th, 2011, 03:32 AM   #183
"A"
vampire

Quote:
I don't need to take an English class to understand simple forum post, I did not practice critical thinking when reading alex's post. I was not trying to solve a problem lol, just actually reading each word with out assuming, its in black and white.
Alex. S clearly stated that he was 'being casual' when his accident occurred, do you think if he was 'not being casual' his accident could have been avoided or did you just misread that part?
Maybe not only did you not practice critical thinking, but also not reading carefully?

Quote:
Which one do you think is more important that the other?

Which is absolutely necessary and the other one might be optional?

Old July 30th, 2011, 03:45 AM   #184
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
[I]
On purpose? Or by accident?

Old July 30th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #185
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Alex. S clearly stated that he was 'being casual' when his accident occurred, do you think if he was 'not being casual' his accident could have been avoided or did you just misread that part?
Maybe not only did you not practice critical thinking, but also not reading carefully?

Which one do you think is more important that the other?

Which is absolutely necessary and the other one might be optional?
Hey 'A' I think is time to admit you are wrong, no one EVER disputed that riding skills are more important than than gear, it's common sense. What you have been saying is that because of your good riding skills you have the option of not wearing gear. Come on, if we were to follow your advice sooner or later we are going to regret it because no one ever plans to get into an accident.

At this point I am not going to argue with you about alex's accident, it's not about that, it never has been. He was just giving you an example. It might be his fault (imo it wasnt) but that's one insident, you can't tell me that ALL Accidents are preventible and it is because of this that gear is not an optio.

In case you don't get it i am going to make it very clear. RIDING SKILL IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR RIDING GEAR. Riding gear is not a substitute for skill, they are independent from each other and you need both.

If you don't wear gear be cause you cannot afford it that's what different story.

Old July 30th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #186
"A"
vampire

Quote:
Hey 'A' I think is time to admit you are wrong, no one EVER disputed that riding skills are more important than than gear, it's common sense. What you have been saying is that because of your good riding skills you have the option of not wearing gear. Come on, if we were to follow your advice sooner or later we are going to regret it because no one ever plans to get into an accident.
I'm wrong about what?
Following my advice, what advice?
Sooner or later we all die, too.. We all make choices at our own accord, but do not consider no one else could do what you can't.

Quote:
In case you don't get it i am going to make it very clear. RIDING SKILL IS NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR RIDING GEAR.

If you don't wear gear be cause you cannot afford it that's what different story.
You finally got it.

It's just a simple fact that riding gear is not necessary but unlike riding skill.

Another simple fact is that majority of riders in the world are not riding ATGATT and accidents are not happening to majority of them.

Whether or not riders wear gear is not an necessity when compared to riding skill.
Avoiding accidents have nothing to do with what gear you choose to wear, but all with awareness and riding skill.

All those who keep badger ATGATT and how their accidents can not be avoided no matter what they did are not willing accept that there are possibilities beyond their recognition and abilities.

Old July 30th, 2011, 07:20 AM   #187
burningscooter
clutch

Name: nameless

Motorcycle(s): L1 GSXR600

thats going to make for a gnarly scar.

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:34 AM   #188
"A"
vampire

Quote:
N Ja,

like you said, not all accidents are avoidable. with that statement in mind, is there any reason to not take precautions to try to minimize potential injury caused by such an unavoidable accident?
Wearing gear alone is never going to avoid accidents from occuring, especially if you don't pay attention and 'be casual' about what you're doing while riding.

More effective way of 'minimize potential injury' is not to be 'casual', pay attention to what you're doing, your surroudings and control your vehicle at all times. For you may simply avoid all accidents that may cause potential injury.. but you may still have accidents.

Unavoidable accidents are more likely to be caused by unprepared or distracted participants... being human we often blame our own inabilities to 'unavoidable accidents'.

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM   #189
Suave
ninjette.org member

ok, im sorry OP. I didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just get carried away at the opportunity to argue with somebody lol

Old July 30th, 2011, 10:44 AM   #190
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
ok, im sorry OP. I didn't mean to hijack your thread, I just get carried away at the opportunity to argue with somebody lol
Duly noted.

Old July 30th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #191
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Sure there will always something waiting for you maybe, but I know enough not to get myself into accidents
You are wrong because You are claiming that someone else might get into an accident, but not you because you know enough. you also agree that not all accidents are avoidable. So pick one please.

Quote:
I ride without gear when I know I do not take unnecessary risks and be cautious of my surroundings.
Again, riding with out gear knowing that you cannot avoid all accidents, someone reading this might think is a good idea to follow your steps.

Old July 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #192
"A"
vampire

Quote:
You are wrong because You are claiming that someone else might get into an accident, but not you because you know enough. you also agree that not all accidents are avoidable. So pick one please.
You're not making sense. I never said that I can avoid all accidentsbecause I know enough.

Quote:
Again, riding with out gear knowing that you cannot avoid all accidents, someone reading this might think is a good idea to follow your steps.
We are all adults here, or at lest mature enough to do whatever they wish to do. Consequences can be more than we realize, that's just a matter of life.

Old July 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #193
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
We are all adults here, or at lest mature enough to do whatever they wish to do. Consequences can be more than we realize, that's just a matter of life.
from what i've seen there are more than a few children on the board

Old July 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #194
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
You're not making sense. I never said that I can avoid all accidentsbecause I know enough.

'A' it's all in black and white, you might have not said you can avoid ALL accidents but you claim you don't need to ride with gear because you know enough not to get in to accidents. The one that doesn't make sense is YOU, you can't pick both. Ether you agree that you should always ride with gear because not all accidents can be avoided, or you agree that because of your skills riding gear is an option because you don't plan on getting into an accident. answer this, you admit that you cannot avoid all accidents, than why do you choose to ride with out gear? You claim you only ride without gear when you know you will not take any unnecessary risk, the fact is that you don't need to take unnecessary risk to get in to an accident. I have notice you avoid to actually explain yourself and just try to look for holes in our statements, So please stop just quoting and actually give an explanation.

Old July 30th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #195
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
By mistake, perhaps? Mistake is no accident.

When you admit mistakes you learn from them, when you blame em on the outside forces you give up a chance to fix the real problem.

Old July 30th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #196
"A"
vampire

Quote:
'A' it's all in black and white, you might have not said you can avoid ALL accidents but you claim you don't need to ride with gear because you know enough not to get in to accidents. The one that doesn't make sense is YOU, you can't pick both. Ether you agree that you should always ride with gear because not all accidents can be avoided, or you agree that because of your skills riding gear is an option because you don't plan on getting into an accident. answer this, you admit that you cannot avoid all accidents, than why do you choose to ride with out gear? You claim you only ride without gear when you know you will not take any unnecessary risk, the fact is that you don't need to take unnecessary risk to get in to an accident. I have notice you avoid to actually explain yourself and just try to look for holes in our statements, So please stop just quoting and actually give an explanation.
Maybe proper English is too difficult for you to understand.
Just read my post as they are typed, do not try to 'put words in my mouth'.

Gears are not necessary to avoid accidents but riding skills are, rider paying attention is also a necessity to avoid accident, not wearing gear.
If you don't have any riding skill or if you do not pay attention to what you are doing; you are more likely to get into accidents while riding a motorcycle, wouldn't you agree?

Why do you think riding with gear is necessary to avoid accidents?

Choosing to ride with or without gear while riding is a personal provocative.
Why does that need explanation?

I choose to ride without gear sometimes simply because I choose to do so.

If you choose to ride ATGATT, that's your choice, your provocative; but don't think wearing gear guarantees that you are going to avoid all accidents or injuries.

When I ride 2 mile away from my house to pick up diner or go to the grocery store. Most of the time, I choose not to wear gear, just wear my regular clothes and sneakers.
I rely on my riding skills, I pay attention to what I''m doing and my surroundings. Over 12 years, I mange never to have an incident (close calls yes, I've even had gotten a flat tire), regardless of the statistics.
Because wearing gear is not necessary, nor does it guarantee to avoid accidents while riding your motorcycle, that's why I choose not to wear gear sometimes. Is that so difficult to understand?

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM   #197
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Just read my post as they are typed, do not try to 'put words in my mouth'.

Gears are not necessary to avoid accidents but riding skills are, rider paying attention is also a necessity to avoid accident, not wearing gear.
If you don't have any riding skill or if you do not pay attention to what you are doing; you are more likely to get into accidents while riding a motorcycle, wouldn't you agree?

Why do you think riding with gear is necessary to avoid accidents?

Choosing to ride with or without gear while riding is a personal provocative.
Why does that need explanation?

I choose to ride without gear sometimes simply because I choose to do so.

If you choose to ride ATGATT, that's your choice, your provocative; but don't think wearing gear guarantees that you are going to avoid all accidents or injuries.

When I ride 2 mile away from my house to pick up diner or go to the grocery store. Most of the time, I choose not to wear gear, just wear my regular clothes and sneakers.
I rely on my riding skills, I pay attention to what I''m doing and my surroundings. Over 12 years, I mange never to have an incident (close calls yes, I've even had gotten a flat tire), regardless of the statistics.
Because wearing gear is not necessary, nor does it guarantee to avoid accidents while riding your motorcycle, that's why I choose not to wear gear sometimes. Is that so difficult to understand?

No one ever said that gear will prevent you from an accident. This continues to be your argument all along despite all of us clearly stating that gear will only reduce the chances of serious injury ONCE the accident has occurred.

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #198
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

Watch this.

Last futzed with by ducducgooseit; July 30th, 2011 at 11:15 PM.

Old July 30th, 2011, 08:49 PM   #199
almost40

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
Thats funny

Old July 30th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #200
almost40

Quote:

If you choose to ride ATGATT, that's your choice, your provocative;
Ive read all the post here this one stands out to me.
Im a little confused.

If I wear my gear, Im provoking others into trying to run me over?? What exactly am I provoking by wearing gear???

Closed Thread