ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old May 11th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #1
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Second Track Day

First on my GSX650. It was heavy and the commuting bars made it hard to get my head as far over as I like, but it was fun as hell. This is a couple flying laps after lunch when I finally starting getting used to the big girl. . My BP got better in the last couple sessions but I didn't get any footage. So here is this for now. (Constructive, kind) feedback welcome!

Link to original page on YouTube.

tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2014, 07:50 PM   #2
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
have you done the shenandoah circuit too?
I think it's the more fun one going off of layout but the summit point main looks good too though I may get bored on it w/my 250 since it's a bigger track and I could probably go flat out most of the time and just sit there on the straights throttle wide open and nothing to do.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2014, 05:04 AM   #3
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
have you done the shenandoah circuit too?
I think it's the more fun one going off of layout but the summit point main looks good too though I may get bored on it w/my 250 since it's a bigger track and I could probably go flat out most of the time and just sit there on the straights throttle wide open and nothing to do.
Yeah, I did Shenny last year on the 300, and I have to admit, it's a lot more fun. Main was cool and all, but the only really technical bit is turns 5-8 (starting at the really slow left-hander that flicks over into the long right-hander). I don't think I'll do Main again this year, but I plan to try to get out to Shenny in September.

Old May 12th, 2014, 06:01 AM   #4
Boosted139
ninjette.org guru

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675

My piece of advice, for now, would be to not sit in the middle of the seat (ever) and get your butt off to the appropriate side before you start braking. This makes it so you have 1 less thing to do before turn in and also you won't be trying to move your butt during turn in.
Boosted139 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2014, 06:47 AM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:09 AM   #6
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I've always loved that long straight at Summit. Fun track!

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:11 AM   #7
Sirref
Private Joker

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
summit main feels like it would be a perfect track for a 1000cc superbike, you could really open it up there.

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:16 AM   #8
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
summit main feels like it would be a perfect track for a 1000cc superbike, you could really open it up there.
I've done it on a 1000 and also a 750. The 1000 is the most fun.

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:22 AM   #9
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
when I get a zx-10 or other 1000cc bike as a track bike that'll be the first track I go to on it.

I'm 2 steps from that though lol gotta fully master my 250 track bike then a 600 track bike.

Old May 13th, 2014, 08:18 AM   #10
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
when I get a zx-10 or other 1000cc bike as a track bike that'll be the first track I go to on it.

I'm 2 steps from that though lol gotta fully master my 250 track bike then a 600 track bike.
Haha, yeah I dunno if I'll ever get a literbike. They're such a handful, even on those fun, fast tracks. In addition to my GSX, I went to a couple of demos at Main last year, and rode an r6 a couple times, and an r1 once. The r1 definitely kept it the most interesting, but I think I'd still prefer a smaller bike on a tighter track.

But man oh man was that r1 a kick in the pants. The first time I whacked the throttle, it gave me vertigo! And then at the end of the session, I finally got a good drive out of turn 10 (before the straight), and the front wheel hovered just off the ground all through second gear, bounced up a bit at the shift into third, and then hovered for the first half or so of third gear. What a trip. While I rarely saw 130 on the GSX (only with a good drive and late brake), I saw over 150 on the r1 in my single, sloppy session. JESUS.

I think I may stay crash-free longer if I don't buy one of those.

Old May 13th, 2014, 08:46 AM   #11
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

^^^ lol tracking a liter bike is one of those things I want to do, but then don't want to do lol. May never come back.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #12
Sirref
Private Joker

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnr4 View Post
Haha, yeah I dunno if I'll ever get a literbike. They're such a handful, even on those fun, fast tracks. In addition to my GSX, I went to a couple of demos at Main last year, and rode an r6 a couple times, and an r1 once. The r1 definitely kept it the most interesting, but I think I'd still prefer a smaller bike on a tighter track.

But man oh man was that r1 a kick in the pants. The first time I whacked the throttle, it gave me vertigo! And then at the end of the session, I finally got a good drive out of turn 10 (before the straight), and the front wheel hovered just off the ground all through second gear, bounced up a bit at the shift into third, and then hovered for the first half or so of third gear. What a trip. While I rarely saw 130 on the GSX (only with a good drive and late brake), I saw over 150 on the r1 in my single, sloppy session. JESUS.

I think I may stay crash-free longer if I don't buy one of those.
I think I'll have a literbike as one of my track bikes, I also think it will see less track time than my 250 track bikes since I intend to eventually race in the 250cc class, probably on a newgen if I manage to tear my pregen to pieces. Owning a literbike to me is something that will happen if/when I have excess money that I don't quite know what to do with.