ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old June 10th, 2014, 11:33 AM   #1
shereth
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Action cam for skills improvement?

Quick question. I've been tempted by the idea of picking up an action camera for a number of reasons, though I'm the kind of person who has a hard time justifying larger purchases without pretty solid reasoning.

The thought has occurred to me that one legitimate and valuable argument for the use of an action camera is that one can use them to review one's riding habits and identify areas for improvement. Something like that, to me, would make it well worth the investment.

So, does anyone have an pertinent experience or insight to offer? Can you really glean much from an action camera in terms of your own riding habits and use it as a legitimate tool to improve your skills? Or is it more just a fancy little bit of tech?
shereth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM   #2
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

it can help some to set it at specific points to review what your doing on track (butt position, shoulders, etc) but honestly I don't use my GoPro much for it .... although I should lol
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:37 PM   #3
iamjacob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jacob

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R SE

I'm planing on getting on and using it for evidence purposes in the event of an accident. That alone would pay for itself and any skill improvement would just be gravy.

Also remember that there are a bunch more options than gopro, much cheaper as well. I'm looking at a mobius cam, under a hundred bucks and arguably just as good as a gopro in video quality.

http://mobius-actioncam.com/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...php?t=1904559.
iamjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2014, 12:40 PM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
3 words.... Wide angle (lens) GoPro.

If your interested in skillz improvement vs. vid quality it will be the best $50 you can spend on a cam.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #5
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
the best way to gauge your skills is get an instructor with a camera to follow you.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.