Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 29th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #1
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Emotions got me

Hey all, just wanted to share a story... more for my own sanity than for anything else.
was riding home today, (bout an hour ago) light turned green and i was taking off to make a right when a drunk in an f150 plowed through the intersection running the red doing about 20 over the speed limit of 50 and almost taking me out. had to slam on the brakes hard and crank it to the left and almost dropped it not to mention almost getting hit by him. needless to say i was furious. instant rage triggered and i chased him down and screamed at him at the top of my lungs with various hand gestures to him at the next light. he was drunk so he just laughed it off which made me even more angry. so what do i do? the stupidest thing i could have. WOT on the fizzer for about 5 minutes through traffic then onto the freeway... took about 5 or 10 minutes before i realized what i was doing and forced myself to calm down and more importantly slow the @#$! down. I definitely let my emotions bring out the stupid squid in me, and for what? the only thing that i have now that i didn't have before i decided to get pissed was a new respect for how fast that bike really is. I'm extremely lucky my stupid actions didn't have any consequences this time. don't bank on that for next time.

I guess the point of my story is, people try to kill you on a daily basis when you ride. just because it happens doesn't mean it's a good idea to drive recklessly because of it. you'll only make the situation worse.

like i said it happens on a regular basis, so why this guy set me off i'm not exactly sure... maybe it was just how close he got. regardless, i hope the people reading this will remember it when someone does something stupid and they get angry about it. riding in an emotionally compromised state is bad for your health.

--alex

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:08 PM   #2
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

did you report him >.< dui is a pretty big thing can save lives having him off the road
rusninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
I should have. was too busy flying down the road in triple digits. someone who was thinking at the time would have, but unfortunately i wasn't.

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #4
rusninja

to bad :/ but if hes that stupid its prolly going to happen again and hopefuly he gets caught before anyone gets hurt, glad your ok with your close call though just watch your speed too getting a taste might bring out the beast. x]

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #5
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
It's your civic duty to report drunk drivers. Just because you made it without getting killed doesn't mean the next guy, or child, did.

Old May 29th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #6
rusninja

ya to bad he didnt get it in :/

Old May 29th, 2011, 07:57 PM   #7
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

The good thing is you didnt get hurt riding that way, You are not alone though, i have gotten pissed and rode like an ass afterwards as well, Thursday i had the worst commute ever with the final nail being a guy in an F250 trying to squeeze me out of lane splitting, Since the carbon fiber of my gloves is roughed up from when i went down they just may have been at the right height as i went by and drug across his truck.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM   #8
Reddoak
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r - Traded for 2009 ER-6N

Happens to everyone, I think. I just try to not get as pissed the next time.

Old May 29th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #9
Sushilover
Forever Newbie

Name: Andre

Motorcycle(s): 10' Ninja 250

Glad you are ok, that could have been a serious injury!

Old May 29th, 2011, 11:51 PM   #10
Kevin2109
KThanksBye

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

I had a really bad riding day yesterday too, this riding weekend kinda sucks lol

Glad to see your ok though
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #11
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Why not get a GoPro or something, and file the video with the police report as evidence... I think we're just witnessing that in another thread

It would have helped immensely in your situation, and defused your rage, if you knew that you can serve the guy's arse to the authorities, on a silver platter.
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #12
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Glad you're okay, but one thing my dad does and I do it too now is look both ways before going when the light turns green, it helps. So many people run red lights...
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #13
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i normally do record my rides... just didn't have it on this time. no fancy gopro but i've got a little 30$ digital cam that i use. already have reported a hit-and-run with it.

i always look both ways at least twice before entering any intersection regardless of the lights, but he was partially obscured by the cars in front of him that he went around.

Old May 30th, 2011, 05:44 PM   #14
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Alex, For situations like that--God made cell phones. It works--ask me how I know?
Alex

Old May 30th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #15
KJohnson21

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Alex,

First priority, keep yourself safe. Out there in the real world there are no prizes except getting home alive and well. A lot of the time the best way to do that is to back off and let the a**hole go on their merry way.

If you can do it safely, get some evidence to prove to the rest of the world that they're an a**hole. If they see you doing this and get hostile, back off, maybe go a different direction if needed. Remember, the first priority is to stay safe.

If the situation calls for it, pull over and give yourself a time out. It may sound stupid, but it's better than a speeding ticket, or worse. And besides, we want you around for the next Tech Day!

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #16
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

First... glad to hear that you are okay. I will side with the rest of the crew that has already said it... try to think twice next time before doing something that could have potentially gotten really bad. We care about you bro and definitely want you around for a long time
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2011, 02:33 PM   #17
Havok
Internet Slut

On a side note, How addicting is the power of that Fizzer lol. I was taking it easy for a while a little while ago i started getting on the throttle and man oh man do these things have some power. I am glad i went with this over the 650r and the Versys that is for sure.

Old May 31st, 2011, 02:54 PM   #18
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

I try to make it a habit to double check for oncoming traffic for intersections Im going through or roads im turning onto. I heard about to many near misses from red light runners , plus the fact I dont trust other drivers keeps me even more paranoid.
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #19
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Green 2011 SE 52yo Geezer

I have to be like Barney the Dino when I'm riding around. I carry a pistol with a laser and if I start waving that thing around I'll be in deep poo-poo. In my cage the worst thing I'll do is hit my brakes when being tailgated. I can't do that on a bike. At one time I had 22 points on my driving record (at 12 they take your license). I haven't had a moving violation in about 13 years now. I'm a good boy!

- Joe
JoeLansing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2011, 04:27 PM   #20
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Thanks everyone.

Jeff... TONS of fun until that front wheel starts pulling up... power wheelies are scary as hell if you aren't expecting it.

Old May 31st, 2011, 05:28 PM   #21
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

Yah, I get the plate and call it in, can't do it and follow with helmet on but I follow the "Police Blotter" in Sunday paper. If no go I call the bricklayers.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2011, 09:58 PM   #22
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post
I have to be like Barney the Dino when I'm riding around. I carry a pistol with a laser and if I start waving that thing around I'll be in deep poo-poo. In my cage the worst thing I'll do is hit my brakes when being tailgated. I can't do that on a bike. At one time I had 22 points on my driving record (at 12 they take your license). I haven't had a moving violation in about 13 years now. I'm a good boy!

- Joe
you carry a pistol on a motorcycle?

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM   #23
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Green 2011 SE 52yo Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
you carry a pistol on a motorcycle?
Why not? It's legal about everyplace except The People's Republic of Kalifornia. Oh, you're in San Diego! Seriously though. In states like Michigan where like one out of 4-5 guys is probably packing it really cuts down on the violence and road rage. You don't mess with people you don't know.

- Joe
JoeLansing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:38 PM   #24
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
Thanks everyone.

Jeff... TONS of fun until that front wheel starts pulling up... power wheelies are scary as hell if you aren't expecting it.
Lol. Yea, the front on your bike likes to come up, Dont ask me how i know lol, mine will as well takes a harder pull then yours, you are set up for more power at the top but so so at low. Powering out of turns is crazy ass fun though, I shoot to exit a turn at 7k on mine that gets me right at the start of the powerband then just wot out of it, it took some time to get the right mix of throttle where i was as open as i could be but still have both wheels on the ground. I love the engine on this bike.

/Threadjacked!

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:53 PM   #25
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post
Why not? It's legal about everyplace except The People's Republic of Kalifornia. Oh, you're in San Diego! Seriously though. In states like Michigan where like one out of 4-5 guys is probably packing it really cuts down on the violence and road rage. You don't mess with people you don't know.

- Joe
I'm more concerned about what happens to the gun when you crash. and yes, WHEN you crash, not if.

Old June 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM   #26
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Lol. Yea, the front on your bike likes to come up, Dont ask me how i know lol, mine will as well takes a harder pull then yours, you are set up for more power at the top but so so at low. Powering out of turns is crazy ass fun though, I shoot to exit a turn at 7k on mine that gets me right at the start of the powerband then just wot out of it, it took some time to get the right mix of throttle where i was as open as i could be but still have both wheels on the ground. I love the engine on this bike.

/Threadjacked!
Bwahahahahaha. yes... <Borat>: *highfive!!*

Old June 1st, 2011, 09:42 PM   #27
rusninja

keep the safety on the gun :P