ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > New Members

Old October 15th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #1
Bunjee
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250, 2001 Ninja 250

Live free or die!

Hello from New Hampshire! I'm Ben. Until about halfway through Spring I had never ridden a bike before. My friend invited me to tear it up on his dirt bike, and I fell in love. Bought that dirt bike A week later I found a 1999 250 on craigslist that had been dumped twice at ow speeds, and got it for 900. Ive put over 1000 miles on it since I got it. About 2 months after I got the Ninja, I had the opportunity to pick up a 2001 250 with a low mile 2004 motor, and MUZZY EXHAUST! Paid 150 for the whole parts bike. It's fate. So, on the fun parts went. I just completed the exhaust and fender eliminator. I cut the old fender back and mounted the plate under the rear light. Integrated the turn signals into the outside lenses. Still need to clean up the under seat fender but it looks good from 10 feet. I do need a new top fairing. It broke when the previous owner dropped it, and the parts bike didn't come with one. Hopefully I don't ask too many stupid questions, I am fairly mechanically inclined though, and plan on doing the swap to the lower mile motor over the winter. Then I'll do an overhaul on the original. Many people don't keep their 250's. I'm going to. I will end up with a 600 or bigger eventually, but my 250 isn't going anywhere. Fork seals get done within the week! Goodbye nosedives, hello 10w.
Bunjee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Bunjee! Glad you found us...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #3
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

Welcome to the 250 party.
ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #4
Zyconic17
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r Track bike, Honda CRF250r Dirt bike

Welcome!
Zyconic17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 15th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #5
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
and have fun!

Old October 17th, 2011, 11:03 PM   #6
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #7
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Welcome and hello.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #8
Zyconic17
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r Track bike, Honda CRF250r Dirt bike

Welcome to the site!
Zyconic17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunjee View Post
Fork seals get done within the week! Goodbye nosedives, hello 10w.
Now would be a great time fix the 250's greatest flaw, the rubbish front suspension.

Some proper springs and a cartridge emulator from the fine folks at racetech would be just the ticket, since you're going to be in there anyway.

http://www.racetech.com/page/id/105
Indy250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #10
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

welcome. :]

Old January 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #11
Bunjee
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250, 2001 Ninja 250

UPDATE!! and what an update... So i sold my ninja made me sad, but it was for the greater good! remember those fork seals i mentioned? did them myself. came out perfect. didnt have the right tools or workspace, and they came out spot on perfect. aligned, cables routed properly, everything. so i said hell, i can do this! and i enrolled at MMI in Orlando to become Kawasaki certified! I am 2 weeks from completing the general motorcycle portion of school, where I have learned more than any backyard mechanic could possibly know. in 2 weeks I go into the factory training from Kawasaki themselves. on january 10th I did my first 4 dyno runs. me, on a dynojet dyno. biggest smile ever. 2 all gear pulls and 2 4th gear pulls. since getting my 250 i have had the opportunity of a lifetime. im making a career out of motorcycles, and i want to take everyone here along for the ride. in february ill be purchasing another gen 1 250, and begin full on race tuning. im hoping to see 30 or more hp at the rear wheel when im done, and shave at least 50lbs from stock, while maintaining full fairings. i do have a couple questions though if someone could help me out. i need to know where to get things like aftermarket pistons (higher compression and overbore) cams and adjustable gears, adjustable suspension components etc. the good stuff so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask, and i will do my best to answer everything to the best of my ability. if i dont know something, ill be honest and say i dont know. so happy trails, and ride safe!
Bunjee is offline   Reply With Quote