ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #1
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Name: Chase

Motorcycle(s): "Blanka" 07' Ninja 250

Decided to get public with a personal story of mine.

You guys have always been great, so I figured I could post this here. I'll copy/paste only because I'm at work, but recently I've started being a little more open about how I met my sister

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...er_neither_of/

To start, a bit about my background. I was born both black and white, each side of my families being predominantly of one ethnicity only. My father's side of the family (white), was extremely horrible to us, especially my mother, and has always been very racist. My father was a bit of a troublemaker, and before I was even one year old, he was killed by two policemen in a prison.

So, that being said, I've never had a relationship with him or that part of the "family". (Despite many attempts by my mother to forgive them, which failed).

I grew up as an only child, to a single mother my whole life. I had always wanted a brother/sister, and envied my friends who did, especially the ones who took theirs for granted. We moved a lot when I was a kid, and I really didn't make any close friends until around high school.

In 2008, I got a message on Facebook around 11pm at night.
It asked me if my father's name was "____". - This was perplexing, because one, this was a stranger. Totally random name, person, etc, and two... well no one knew my dad or his name except my family...

After saying "yes... who is this, and how did you know that?", I received, "Well, because he's my father too... and I think I'm your sister."

We talked for hours, and quickly realized we had to meet. Her mother was only a teen when she was pregnant with my sister, and after finding out, never told our dad about having the baby. She put the baby up for adoption at birth, and my sister was raised many miles away in another city, along with another adopted child, her brother. My sister is about 6 years older than I, and has never been known of by anyone on either side of my family. She had found out she was adopted around 18, and after many years of searching, found HER mother.

She was/is a wreck. My sister was lucky to get the family she had. Her biological, although said mess, did lead her to some contacts on our father's side... this also went terribly. She met up with those folks a few years before meeting me, only to be almost cussed out, mocked, and rejected immediately. Before leaving though, one of them had gave her some pictures, one having a picture of my mom and our dad. My sister asked about this mysterious black woman, and found out that she had a child to our dad (me). She got my name and hers, and kept searching.

Years later... she finds me.

Here's the crazy part:

My sister and I look almost identical. Maybe not TWINS per-say, but everyone tells us how we look so alike. My mother cried when I told her the news, but almost passed out when she saw my sister in real life for the first time.

My sister and I went to college in the same city, for almost the same degrees (art), both play almost all the same musical instruments, and even dress alike.

We have almost identical personalities, senses of humor, taste in tv/music/movies. We even sound the same.

and finally:
My sister moved from the small town she was raised in, and lived in the city we both went to school at. We both lived in this city... THREE BLOCKS APART.... FOR YEARS. My kitchen window faced HER KITCHEN WINDOW, and to this day, I drive past either place and can barely fathom the odds.

My sister helped change my life. I got not only a sister, but a best friend. We hung out almost every day, and even lived together after meeting, oh and better yet, she has two kids. I'm an uncle

The boys, her mom and dad, and obviously her have helped my have a full family, and it's something I've always wanted.

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #2
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

Im happy for you, man...its pretty cool how things worked out.
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla25 View Post
Im happy for you, man...its pretty cool how things worked out.
Thanks man, I really appreciate you reading my story

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #4
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

What a very sweet story, I am glad that you feel whole now and that you have the relationship you always wanted. That you guys were so close yet didn't know shows that you were destined to be a part of eachothers lives.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
What a very sweet story, I am glad that you feel whole now and that you have the relationship you always wanted. That you guys were so close yet didn't know shows that you were destined to be a part of eachothers lives.
Thank you, and thank you for reading!

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #6
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

good stuff

massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
good stuff

thanks man!

Old January 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

to me, family is extremely important. any story about connecting with family after broken connections are a read worth reading no matter how long. once again, im extremely glad you finally got to meet your sister.
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Nice!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #10
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Very good read. Thanks for sharing, OP. I'm honestly glad things worked out for you.

Old January 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #11
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
tl;dr

Old January 17th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #12
USMCEvan
Crashing is just practice

Name: Evan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja ex250 (Tinkerbell); 2008 Ninja ex250 (Frankenstein)

Wow, dude, freaking amazing! Read a bunch of the comments on Reddit, too - not the support I would expect from a place like that, but awesome!
USMCEvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 18th, 2012, 05:00 AM   #13
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

it's crazy how the world works, glad you could reunite with your sister! Me being an only child, there are some times I wished I had siblings.
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 19th, 2012, 11:24 AM   #14
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

I have 4 siblings and 17 nieces and nephews. Don't know a one of them. I was a mistake and am much younger than the next oldest (a generation even). I'm the Ghost Brother/Uncle from what I've gathered, now handling my parents affairs, which does nothing in trying to endear myself to others.

With everything I've nothing, from nothing you've everything. God bless and keep you all brother, rub it in.
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 19th, 2012, 11:28 AM   #15
Mekkakat
Eternal Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
I have 4 siblings and 17 nieces and nephews. Don't know a one of them. I was a mistake and am much younger than the next oldest (a generation even). I'm the Ghost Brother/Uncle from what I've gathered, now handling my parents affairs, which does nothing in trying to endear myself to others.

With everything I've nothing, from nothing you've everything. God bless and keep you all brother, rub it in.
thanks a lot, and thank you to all of you who read and commented. I really appreciate it guys

Old January 20th, 2012, 02:13 AM   #16
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

that's gotta be weird man, but really cool. makes u wonder

Old January 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #17
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Amazing how small the world really is when you look through a window. Congratz to you both and be thankful for the time you share.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote