ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old June 9th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #1
rceezy
Lean Me

Name: RC

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Promoting Motorcycle Safety - Need your input.

Hey all!

I am a now a member of our Employee Activity Committee (EAC). We sponsor events for the employees at our office location as well as actively participate and give through our continued community giving program.

The reason I wanted to join was to possibly educate the people I work with (and those in the community when we're doing our outreach programs), people I see more than my own family, about motorcycle safety. I am a huge advocate of ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time) and I feel this would be the best way for me to leave my mark.

My question to you all:
Are there any organizations that I could team up with to promote motorcycle safety? And by safety I mean educating drivers about the people who ride, promoting ATGATT.. things of that nature?

Another thought I had was to raise money for a family who was the unfortunate victim of a motorcycle vs car accident. My brother-in-law Andrew was paralyzed after being hit by a car. He was in full gear and was not speeding excessively nor was he riding dangerously. He was getting off the exit and an old man (90's+) rear ended him and changed his life forever. Thanks to his helmet, jacket, and gloves - he survived. But he can no longer walk. Anyway, the support was great at the beginning but started to taper off as time went on. I'm not saying he would be the sole receiver of funds raised but for example sake that is what I'm thinking about doing...

Any thoughts would be appreciated. My first meeting with the EAC is in July... so hopefully I can come up with some great ideas on promoting our safety!

And... I know this may not change anything or alter the way the world spins but if I can do my part in sharing the knowledge that I know then I will be able to sleep better at night. Maybe some kid will understand the importance of gear or the importance of looking twice... and someone we know could live to ride another day.

Thanks again.

Love, Ceezy.
rceezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
RC,
I applaud your efforts to educate your fellow employee's and the community on motorcycle safety.
The MSF web site has lots of very good information that you can download and print.
http://www.msf-usa.org/index_new.cfm...gename=Library

Keep up the good work.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #3
rceezy
Lean Me

Name: RC

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Thanks Snake. Some of my friends think it's a moot point but I'm going to do what I can to spread the word... even if I only reach one person.
rceezy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2010, 01:12 PM   #4
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Thanks for thinking of driver safety as an EAC goal. Too many people think that EAC duties end when the annual company picinic is over.

I doubt that you'll turn any non-motorcyclists into safety advocates, but hopefully everyone's awareness will be turned up a notch or two. Maybe you'll give a wake-up call to a good-ol-boy biker or two.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2010, 01:15 PM   #5
kkim

Try contacting MSF and the AMA and see if they have programs already setup that can help you in your presentation.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 10th, 2010, 10:58 PM   #6
ninjabrewer
dirty old man

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): Blue '08 Ninja 250

Wow, my hats off to you.

nb