ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old March 9th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #41
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

just hopped home to install them, took about 30 min~

in this picture, you can see the color difference quite well.

where it was a little darker, it was less evident.

once installed, it actually didnt look so bad. i have yet to take the bike out in the sun, where the color of the levers will probably change and look more like in the 1st pic. but im fine with it. now im wondering how well that color will stay on in the long run.

installing them was a piece of cake. i took the opportunity to tighten all of the bolts on the levers, they were all quite loose. that took the wobble out of most of the joints, and im satisfied now that it seems like they wont be rattling away in my hands during a ride.

Old March 10th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #42
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 Special Edition Red/Black

I bought those exact same levers, color and everything. They look really good. Can't wait for mine to come in. I have the 2010 se red/black. From the looks of those pictures, they should match my bike perfectly.

Old March 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #43
lilblueninja
ninjette.org newbie

Name: lil blue

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R

I ordered a pair of the royal blue levers. They match the '09 candy thunder blue pretty well. I've had them on for close to two weeks now. I've had no problems with them at all. Here are a few pics taken with my iphone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (88.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (81.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (88.9 KB, 25 views)
lilblueninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2011, 10:46 PM   #44
LegB4Wicket
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Blue Kawasaki Ninja 250R

They look really nice. How's the adjustability range?
LegB4Wicket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #45
wayanlam

they adjust good from 1 through to 6, but not much past that! lol

well it depends on the size of your hands, or how you feel comfortable holding them i guess~

i have both set on #3 at the moment. i can 1 or 2 finger brake without having the brake lever touch my other fingers, but they aren't too far away to be akward to pull back on like they used to be.

the clutch lever feels better now too. i used to have the clutch cable set a little loose, so that the lever didnt sit totally straight/tight when im not pulling the clutch in. now i got the tension good, and adjusted the levers, to bring them back a little, which eliminates the loose/free movement that i used to have with the oem levers.

Old March 17th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #46
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

My levers came in today. Ordered March 2, got them March 17th. Even faster than expected delivery date of 3/22. Quality looks really good. No scratches or anything on them.

Old March 18th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #47
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Tooks some pics of the levers up against my tank. They are a little more pinkish red than my tank, but I think they match well.

Here's a pic of the adjustable lever versus stock lever. They are slightly smaller than stock.

Here's the adjustable lever compared to the non-foldable shorty version of the 2wheels levers. They are slightly longer than the shorty version.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 06:08 PM   #48
Momaru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Just got mine on Saturday, ahead of even the early shipping estimate (12 days order to door). They look/feel great and the 50-mi testdrive this afternoon was a delight. No more goalie-thumb from stretching for the clutch. The increased weight vs the stock handles seems to have helped with vibration as well.

The finish looks better than factory and fit is almost as good as factory. I say almost because I had to push the clutch cable into the adjuster bolt, while on the stock it just slid in. Seems like the receiver housing for the rotator cuff on the end of the clutch cable could've been cut about 1-2mm further towards the back of the bike to achieve a perfect fit. I don't think it'll cause any problems, though I'll definitely keep a close eye on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06117.jpg (81.9 KB, 21 views)

Last futzed with by Momaru; April 3rd, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
Momaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #49
Momaru

Well, you get what ya pay for. Just got mine 10 days ago and the inside corners of the switches are already turning purple; have been for a few days but I've been in denial.
This is indeed some cheap anodizing work. But the machining still looks good and that's what counts

Old April 13th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #50
wayanlam

on a totally different matter, but regarding paint issues... i found that black paint on the bars that hold the rear view mirrors on my bike have started to peel off

im thinking of getting them powder coated at some point maybe...

Old April 14th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #51
nattygirl
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momaru View Post
Well, you get what ya pay for. Just got mine 10 days ago and the inside corners of the switches are already turning purple; have been for a few days but I've been in denial.
This is indeed some cheap anodizing work. But the machining still looks good and that's what counts
I noticed you have the standard levers. My husband got those as well and the same thing happened to his. I have the adjustable foldable levers and mine still look as good as they did on day one. Maybe the anodizing is better on those ones.

Old April 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #52
want1sobad
Ninjette CPT

Name: Vince

Motorcycle(s): Black 08 250r

it's not. i've had mine for about 7 weeks now and and the black is now light purple - guess the chinese anodizing couldn't hold up to the florida sun. other than that, i have no complaints - functionally, they're great. if it really starts to bother me, i'll get the black parts pced and they'll look perfect forever.
want1sobad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #53
Momaru

I contacted the seller/distributor (the2wheels) earlier this week about the fading. He's offered to send me a new set o' adjusters since that's the only place I've got that's fading. I don't know if these will be any better quality anodizing than the original ones, but he's at least willing to make the attempt.

Mechanically the levers are holding up very well and having them closer to the bars (than stock) has been a godsend. The minor issue of the clutch cable possibly rubbing/abrading on the adjustment bolt doesn't seem to be a problem. That said I slapped a pretty good bit of lithium grease on there.

Old June 3rd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #54
Momaru

Quote:
I contacted the seller/distributor (the2wheels) earlier this week about the fading. He's offered to send me a new set o' adjusters since that's the only place I've got that's fading. I don't know if these will be any better quality anodizing than the original ones, but he's at least willing to make the attempt.

Mechanically the levers are holding up very well and having them closer to the bars (than stock) has been a godsend. The minor issue of the clutch cable possibly rubbing/abrading on the adjustment bolt doesn't seem to be a problem. That said I slapped a pretty good bit of lithium grease on there.
Update: After waiting a month and a half for new adjusters due to crappy anodizing, I contacted the seller to see what's up. They didn't know what was going on. I replied back with pictures (again) and a full transcript of the previous contact, they have refused to reply to me. Really not liking this or the vendor, but I suppose you do indeed get what you pay for.

Mechanically they still seem to be good, but the anodize

Old June 3rd, 2011, 03:59 PM   #55
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Does anyone know if this ones will mount on pre gen Ninjas? looking to get some for my cafe project and my 96 ZX6R street fighter.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:43 PM   #56
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Quote:
Update: After waiting a month and a half for new adjusters due to crappy anodizing, I contacted the seller to see what's up. They didn't know what was going on. I replied back with pictures (again) and a full transcript of the previous contact, they have refused to reply to me. Really not liking this or the vendor, but I suppose you do indeed get what you pay for.

Mechanically they still seem to be good, but the anodize
I was just thinking about ordering a pair. Now I'm not. Is it too late to leave feedback on ebay?
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2011, 04:04 PM   #57
wtfh4xx
Opinionated individual :)

Name: SecretNinjaMan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninjette Special Edition (red/black)

Yum, I want some for my SE red/black.
Although those red levers should be more red than pink :\
Yoshi slip on, shimmed 2 washers, zip tie throttle mod, pre-load #2, snorkel delete
2010 SE 250R!
Miles in the saddle: 1000
wtfh4xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #58
Momaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I was just thinking about ordering a pair. Now I'm not. Is it too late to leave feedback on ebay?
Way too late. Before the feedback/buyer dispute window ended, they were still talking to me, about sending replacement adjusters. Now that it's closed, they play ignorant or don't respond at all. Coincidence? Possible, but...

Old June 6th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #59
wtfh4xx
Opinionated individual :)

Name: SecretNinjaMan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninjette Special Edition (red/black)

Contact them to let them know their reputation is on the line.
Give them a link to this thread so that they can see for themselves.
Im not buying from them until the discoloration and customer service issues are resolved.
Yoshi slip on, shimmed 2 washers, zip tie throttle mod, pre-load #2, snorkel delete
2010 SE 250R!
Miles in the saddle: 1000
wtfh4xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #60
wayanlam

the ones i bought havent faded. used them for a while already. the color matches perfectly with another anodize part that i added to the handlebar (the bar end weights) from KTC.

i bought it directly from their website and they shipped it from HK. i wonder if you bought it from ebay if its direct from them too, or if its a middleman, and maybe that middleman is the one whos playing "dumb"

either way, the saying "you get what you pay for" is definitely relevant in most cases in life. you cant expect a 60 dollar piece of hardware to be identical to a $250 piece, hehe...

personally i'm happy with the levers they sent me.

Old June 27th, 2011, 07:50 PM   #61
ninjaflav
ninjette.org member

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250R

thinking on getting these in gold for my black 250r

Old June 27th, 2011, 09:00 PM   #62
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i bought black... they're now silvery grey... maybe closer to gunmetal after a few months. i think i like the color they are now more than black, although it doesn't really match very well. still decent metal, and they look to be cut on a CNC with a decent blade, although they weren't polished up afterward. still worth what i paid for them.

Old August 12th, 2011, 09:26 AM   #63
muzkur
ninjette.org member

Name: Fred

Motorcycle(s): 10' Ninja 250R

That´s mine:

Sadly the golden in levers and grips doesn't match. Both pieces are from The2Wheels.
But the quality's awesome. Cheaper and good.

Old August 12th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #64
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

muzur: I noticed your mirrors. Are those the ebay ones? Do you like them?

Sorry to 7500 the OT.

EDIT: I just found your origional thread. Could you maybe post a follow-up on that thread? I want to make sure you still like them Sorry, back to topic....
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM   #65
caps
Sexy Beast

Name: Mat

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R, 2006 ZX-14, 2012 Ducati Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfh4xx View Post
Im not buying from them until the discoloration and customer service issues are resolved.
Same here
caps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #66
muzkur
ninjette.org member

Name: Fred

Motorcycle(s): 10' Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
muzur: I noticed your mirrors. Are those the ebay ones? Do you like them?
All items from The2Wheels: Mirrors, fairing turn signals, handgrips and levers.
I like them. Almost the same view on the standard ones. I just needed to made some adjustments to fit. Just one con: A little rust in the first wash. I've used WD-40 to fix that and works fine.
I made a DIY here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77788