ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Closed Thread

Old April 12th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #1
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Name: Richard

Motorcycle(s): 03 Ninjette

Help building a set of gear for my new bike!

I have a new (to me...and counting all the work I put into it already...mostly new period!) yellow 03 pregen ninjette, and I am wanting to go black and yellow with the gear, I am looking for a Joe Rocket Airborne jacket in black/yellow size medium and HJC CS-R2 in matching yellow/black. Joe Rocket Pheonix 4.0 gloves in yellow would work perfectly too....

...sadly I am having no luck finding any in my sizes. Medium jacket, large helmet small hands (T-Rex fitment?) so any help or other suggestions of similarly themed gear available in my color selection/sizes at reasonable prices would be a great help. First bike, not looking to spend more than say $500ish on a set of gear really. Have a helmet already so that isn't a MUST have but really need jacket and gloves before I start riding.

So if you enjoy shopping for poweranger suits, join in the fun and help a fellow ninjetteer out. The biggest draw for the Joe Rocket Airborne jacket for me is the high vis, and that I will look like wolverine in it, so bonus points to anyone who finds me that jacket in medium lol, I really have my heart set on it. Speed and Strength's "Hell n Back" jacket is amazing deal right now but only comes red, blue, and orange.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old April 12th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #2
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled)

I can't find the jacket. Maybe just get the straight black one? Here are the helmet and gloves though. I can't believe you can't find the helmet in a local shop though. I think I could go go to just about any shop around me and buy that Helmet in large.

Check this out on AMZN: HJC Storm Men's CS-R2 On-Road Motorcycle Helmet - MC-3 / Med... http://amzn.com/B00813RBP0

Check this out on AMZN: HJC Storm Men's CS-R2 On-Road Motorcycle Helmet - MC-3 / Med... http://amzn.com/B00813RBP0

Old April 12th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #3
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Cyclegear sucks ass and doesn't stock ****. They are like a Ross or Payless or something... bins full of junk deals, anything on the rack is in duplicate 900 times, and only a handful are in sizes for normal people. They should change their motto to "We can order that for you" because that's all they ever say to me or other customers while there, and they don't seem to get that I CAN EFFIN ORDER IT ALL ON THE AMAZING WORLD WIDE WEB lol. If it isn't in the store already, they are providing no use whatsoever. But they don't stock ANY HJC helmets at cycle gear, or most other brands of gear.

The jacket in yellow is a pretty big deal breaker at this moment. I have yet to find another in yellow that I actually like. Someone has to have it left in medium somewhere on the planet.. I must have it.

As for the helmet, yes I can easily locate and order that one in large, no worries there. Yellow gloves in medium and that jacket in medium though... not so much.

Old April 12th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #4
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

Oops I meant to post of the gloves instead of two helmet links. They have those gloves in medium on amazon though.

Check this out on AMZN: Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 Men's Leather Road Race Motorcycle Gloves - Yellow/Black/Silver / Med... http://amzn.com/B008TKA47C

Old April 12th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #5
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

I completely understand the annoyance with "we can order that for you". 10 years ago, it was like "oh wow, could you?" Now it's like "no ****, so can I. And it'll get here faster and be cheaper too!"

Old April 12th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #6
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Update!

I am not a medium with joe rocket, am a large, but still only available in 2xl anywhere I can findit, in yellow... other colors no problem of course....

Old April 12th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/s...+pants+package

That'd be killer despite my lack of love for honda, for what I am going for lol, but only avail in 50/36.

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #8
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

There's a nice lucky7 leather jacket that comes in black w/yellow accent but only avail in "med" which for them is about 4" smaller int he chets than any other medium I have tried and wouldn't come close to zipping up for me.. 42" chest is a good fit for me, if err on the large side the sleeves are a touch too long, on the small side, the shoulders get narrow as does the wasit.

Getting so stressed just trying to find a darn jacket. Waht that Joe Rocket "airborne" so badly in yellow, large. N one has it, though it shows to not be discontinued, noone I have found shows to have more on order either. HELP! lol

Old April 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #9
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland View Post
.........Getting so stressed just trying to find a darn jacket. Waht that Joe Rocket "airborne" so badly in yellow, large. N one has it, though it shows to not be discontinued, noone I have found shows to have more on order either. HELP! lol
Open your horizon to wider options keeping your color's preference:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=878301

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...2/49c8b0dc.jpg

"Joe Rocket 2pc leathers MI
Size 44, full circumference zipper. I'm 5'8", 180#, 34" waist, 30" inseam, 44 jacket at the moment and they fit ok. I wouldn't want to add 5 pounds though. Broken in, but not broken down. Never scuffed anything but the knee pucks.

Asking $125 OBO plus shipping via USPS or buy me a coffee to hand deliver locally in metro Detroit area."

Old April 12th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Far be it for me to pee in anyone's cheerios on a sunny day like today, but I have to mention that you seem particularly fashion conscious for someone rocking a 10 year old 250.

Why not just find gear that fits and is affordable and get on with riding?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old April 12th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #11
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Because its my hard earned money and I will spend it how I see fit. Why do you try on different shoes or look at anything different instead of just buying the first thing you pass in your size? I hate when people ask questions like this... It's internet trolling in worst way. If you're shopping for gear, picking at choosing gear, would it not be the most obvious thing to pick gear you like? Instead of being ills about it, why don't yall stfu, congratulate my nonsquid atgatt mentality, and join in on the black and yellow shopping spree and have fun with it? Because that's what I aa sled for in the thread, so if you aren't here to say hey man, welcome, I found what you're looking for that you thought coildnt be had anywhere! Or show me something else that is an attractive alternative like I asked for, then you really have no business replying in this thread. It wasn't a "what do yall think I should get for my first gear thread" or "give me your opinions about how heinous pregens look" thread. There is an off topic section on this forum if you want to go kill time and not contribute. I'm sure there was more sarcasm and enthusiasm to get me riding than anything there from you Alex, more just a disclaimer for people who try to pull the wind out of people's sails... the why is because its fun, and I will do it once and want to be happy with everything and find the coolest silly crap I can for awesome deals haha

Now that we got that little rant out of the way... Thanks for the link to the 2 piece suit, I have looked at some new even. I am very open to other avenues within my criteria, I just posted what I had found as my top picks so far.

Does anyone have experience with this gear? http://myleather.com/site/product?pi...04#sizingchart

Sizing seems way off to me? I go from being 6 even 180lb as a large swimming in their small according to size chart, or am I missing something? Really like that one too. The Joe rocket I wanted is sold out everywhere and nla in yellow anywhere sadly.

Old April 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #12
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Ahhhh, there's the Mulholland I remember. I thought something was wrong; all your posts have been nice since you've been back.

Confusion solved.

Old April 12th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #13
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
http://www.wfuncenter.com/eshopprod_...ct_1274834.htm

They have it in Med. Never ordered from them so AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #14
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Ahhhh, there's the Mulholland I remember. I thought something was wrong; all your posts have been nice since you've been back.

Confusion solved.
just think, had I gone with an fz6 or sv650 or ninja 650 I may never have come back for you chone

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #15
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
http://www.wfuncenter.com/eshopprod_...ct_1274834.htm

They have it in Med. Never ordered from them so AT YOUR OWN RISK.
awesome, thanks! They are going to give me a call back after they contact their rep directly. Problem is they discontinued the yellow for 2013. We shall see... I like the jacket style a lot

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #16
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
lol Richard. Let's do a second attempt at this and both play nice this time? I'm in you're in.

If it's discontinued, maybe they'll give you a better deal. I use a SS Twist of Fate textile jacket. It was a previous year model in a small size, so I got it for a little under half price.

Old April 12th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #17
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

The service rep with that shop in California was probably the most helpful I have ever cone across in my life, name was Nathan. Highly recommend them to anyone. Called me back quickly after contacting Sullivan who is the company behind Joe rocket apparently, and indeed its true, nla and only thing in warehouse is the 2xl people still offer as far as yellow/black goes. Double damn.

Old April 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #18
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Get a kill bill one piece
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old April 12th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #19
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Get a kill bill one piece
I contemplated it momentarily... I mean obviously I would look far better than Uma Therman in it, but who wouldn't?

Jacket and gloves ordered. Need to chose on some pants... there is a pair that matches the jacket perfect (like they are meant to be a set from same brand) but I don't know if it's TOO much yellow....

Last futzed with by Mulholland; April 12th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.

Old April 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #20
TedBull
ninjette.org member

Name: Ted

Motorcycle(s): (08 Ninja 250) (07 Suzuki Hayabusa) (08 Suzuki GSXR 1000) (Yamaha dirtbikes)

Its probably been said already. But the most important aspect of gear is comfort. If its not comfortable then a rider tends not to wear it for long. Being cold, uncomfortable, etc distracts from a riders concentration. Spend as much as you can on a helmet, not for the "best protection" but for the lightest and most comfortable lid with ventilation and feild of vision being very important. I have tried alot of lids, my current and most favorite is my Arai. Cost alot, but best purchase I ever made concerning riding.

After wearing leather for along time I now favor textile jacket and pants. Or kevlar jean pants in warm weather. Alpinstar boots are always on my feet because they are comfortable and low profile so I can feel the levers well and still walk around in them fine.

Gloves are very important and money should be spent there as well. Too tight, too loose, seams in the wrong spots, materials that get funky, etc.

I am willing to sacrifice a little protection to go with lighter more versitile materials. I have never hit the pavement and hope I never do. With the above said I sure did feel very protected in the one peice suit at the track day and that gave me some confidence. For street riding in every day life gear needs to be versitile. Just my 2 cents. Dont worry about fashion so much as function.

Old April 13th, 2013, 12:06 PM   #21
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Am I spotting a theme in your gear choices?

Old April 13th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #22
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Gear all prdered, with exception of new helmet to match, silver one is fine for now though. Msf day 1 down, apparently I kick ass at rising a motorcycle, good news since I bought one and all I guess eh? Haha

Old April 13th, 2013, 05:14 PM   #23
himynameisjoe
ninjette.org sage

With 1 day of an MSF course down... I don't think I'd be so cocky. MSF vs real world ridding is night and day. You race onto the streets thinking you know everything from a 10 hour course, I know which part of the forum I'll see you in next.

That being said, read lots of threads in the forum! They're usually super helpful! Especially the crash threads. You read what the rest of us do wrong first, you can hopefully avoid doing it yourself!

Or not to self promote, but I have tons of good tips given to and by me in a thread I started when I bought my bike!

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121252

I still plan on trying to make a generalized "I AM A NEWBBB HELP ME" thread with advice from everyone on the forum. I just haven't had the time to do it yet!

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #24
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

I have street experience. I am taking the msf to get my license because i bought my own bike finally. I purchased a ninja 250 even though I am used to an sv650s... I won't ride unless on full gear... And I am not remotely close to new to this forum... And yet I can't male Amy post without listening to generic broken record responses completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Seriously, it gets old guys. MSF, ATGATT, suitable starter bike... Add it all up = shut the hell up, welcome responsible riders, and quit nagging. If I do wreck it, it happens. I accept that risk any time I am on a bike, regardless of gear, skill level, or bike. What the hell is with you guys that have nothing else to post? Dp you not want people ride with or what? Please explain your good intentions... because I fail to follow the logic of it all at some point. What exactly is the point you are trying to make?

I almost don't know why I post anything... The thread topic could be anything and I would get the same responsives from half of the frequent posters. It gets old guys... Come on...

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 14th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #25
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Welcome in 2011... Glad ya got the bike and gear sorted, I was runnin into the same problem and got a small fly racing coat, a bit short an snug, but better than the other colors

Old April 14th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #26
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
I have street experience. I am taking the msf to get my license because i bought my own bike finally. I purchased a ninja 250 even though I am used to an sv650s... I won't ride unless on full gear... And I am not remotely close to new to this forum... And yet I can't male Amy post without listening to generic broken record responses completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Seriously, it gets old guys. MSF, ATGATT, suitable starter bike... Add it all up = shut the hell up, welcome responsible riders, and quit nagging. If I do wreck it, it happens. I accept that risk any time I am on a bike, regardless of gear, skill level, or bike. What the hell is with you guys that have nothing else to post? Dp you not want people ride with or what? Please explain your good intentions... because I fail to follow the logic of it all at some point. What exactly is the point you are trying to make?

I almost don't know why I post anything... The thread topic could be anything and I would get the same responsives from half of the frequent posters. It gets old guys... Come on...
You seem to have a reading comprehension and memory problem so let me remind you that you're the one who brought up the MSF and how you are so masterful. But seriously man, you must have been ****ing awesome power walking that motorcycle like a boss. I remember how proud I was the first time I **** in a toilet. When you finish up the course let us now how ****ing badass you are, we are all incredibly impressed with your tiny dick.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM   #27
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Thumbs up

Jiggles thanks for the giggles

Old April 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #28
xSean13

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Which model CS-R2 helmet?

This one would probably match well

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/h...voltage-helmet

Old April 14th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #29
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Gear all prdered, with exception of new helmet to match, silver one is fine for now though. Msf day 1 down, apparently I kick ass at rising a motorcycle, good news since I bought one and all I guess eh? Haha
Quote:
I have street experience. I am taking the msf to get my license because i bought my own bike finally. I purchased a ninja 250 even though I am used to an sv650s... I won't ride unless on full gear... And I am not remotely close to new to this forum... And yet I can't male Amy post without listening to generic broken record responses completely unrelated to the topic at hand. Seriously, it gets old guys. MSF, ATGATT, suitable starter bike...
Far be it from me to preach (I started on bikes age 13, borrowing my dad's without his knowledge, or any gear bar helmet & gloves from going pillion) but how many miles have you on the street? and who says you kick ass on the bike? (apparently I was a great fighter as a yellow belt. highlighting every error a beginner makes will put them off, encouragement will motivate them to continue, then work on their technique that's coaching 101 )

I agree that the 'anything over 250 will kill you immediately' bolloxology can be a bit much here, but the reality is crashing hurts, act like a big swinging dick & you'll find that out for yourself.

I dislocated my shoulder after dismounting a bike moving at 50mph a little over 3 years ago, it ****ing hurt & it's still not right, I wouldn't suggest you try it.

Old April 14th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #30
Mulholland
Garage Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
You seem to have a reading comprehension and memory problem so let me remind you that you're the one who brought up the MSF and how you are so masterful. But seriously man, you must have been ****ing awesome power walking that motorcycle like a boss. I remember how proud I was the first time I **** in a toilet. When you finish up the course let us now how ****ing badass you are, we are all incredibly impressed with your tiny dick.
Hey jiggs, why don't you go cruise down a residential and get backed into by some teenage girl in mommy's van. Maybe they can remove the metal rod up your ass and use it you put you back together again.

I ****ing hate this website because of the dozen or so "regulars" who think they are some epic badass mother****ers on the internet and no one else is on their level. I never started comparing riding skill or saying anything remotely resembling cocky "time for a busa" squid attitude, and oyu guys still swarm like trolling little internet hornets all over a thread with a "New Rider". Seriously, half of you deserve to be banned for the comments you make like that.

You pretentious little ***** get off acting like it's about motorcycle riding, but it obviously HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MOTORCYCLES. You'll see cunty behavior like yalls all over the internet on any forum, skills based or not. Again, MSF, ATGATT, NINJA 250 = SHUT THE **** UP. I couldn't possibly be making more responsible decisions for my first bike and how I ride, regardless of my experience level. Everyone has to start from 0, and everyone's 0 experience is not equal. Girl in my class who has never been on a motorcycle, driven a manual trans vehicle, or done any sort of aggressive driving vs guy with years of track experience in cars, understanding of how to drive a road properly, threshold braking without abs, friction zone, and a background of BMX and mountain biking... obviously two very different ground 0's there, even with neither having any motorcycle experience.

Lastly, THIS IS NOT THE MSF, it's ninjette.org. I do not come here trying to learn how to be safe, or if I am qualified to ride a motorcycle. I do not care what you think about my attitude, cockiness, or anything at all. I come here because I like ninja 250's and have a ninja 250 and like discussing them, so please, feel absolutely free to get off your soap box, shut the **** up, and offer your superficial blanket statement opinions as facts only when the squids come around and shake the mighty tree of knowledge that is you awesome mother****ers. I am not shaking the tree though, keep your fruits of wisdom for those who come seeking fruit.

I mean for christ sake guys... it's a thread about getting gear, and you turn that into a newb bashing fest? Shame on you guys... yall are an embarassment. I hope people were as warm and receptive to you when you made responsible choices in becoming a motorcyclist, took your MSF course, got all your gear, got your little ninjette, and started putting around town.

Edit; and for the record, the "apparently I kick ass at riding a motorcycle" comment was directed towards how I was received by the instructors, two guys who probably have about 4-5 times as much riding experience on their current bikes alone than each of the people in here trying to lecture me... who couldn't believe I hadn't been riding for 3+ years. It has all been very second nature for me, I luckily hadn't developed any bad habits in my limited experience, and this was a class where more than half of the 16 total showed up on motorcycles they were already riding with no licenses, including a guy on a night rod with 12+ years experience who couldn't handle the bikes at low speed or full speed as well as I can. I'm sure you all think everyone is equally athletic, coordinated etc. from birth apparently, but that just isn't the case. I was dragging exhaust on my elliminator day one. Honestly, being nervous and scared makes most of it harder than it has to be. It's a machine, I know how it works, and therefor trust it to work how I know it will... it's that simple. Of course ANY rider will improve with experience, no one is argueing that.... but just because some of you were clumsy fumbling 18yr olds with dreams of having some badass bike doesn't mean you need to project those feelings on every other "new rider" thread.

FWIW, people I know in the real world, you know, not the internet, who have let me ride their actual motorcycles, think it's retarded that I even wanted/considered a 250 given how well I handled their bikes and my background. But it's a $600 I can take to the track with a little work, what more could I ask for to learn to thrash on?

Old April 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #31
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/closed
/6 month ban

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread