ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old December 29th, 2010, 06:24 PM   #1
onizthegnome
certified newbie

Name: oniz

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r blue

shoei dark smoke visor

i bought a dark smoke face shield with tear off posts for my shoei RF-1000 and in person it doesnt seem as dark as the pictures ive seen online. i thought this visor would be dark enough to hide my face. it also didnt fit my helmet and swivel as good as the stock clear face shield i have but im guessing its a matter of time before it breaks in. anyone else have the same opinion with their dark smoke face shields? anyone know if this differs by brand? im pretty sure some of the shoei pics ive seen show dark smoke face shields darker than what i have.

Old December 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Chubbs032
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 250r

mine works well....it's dark enough for me but i haven't looked in a mirror with it
Chubbs032 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 29th, 2010, 08:36 PM   #3
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

I have the mirror finish shield which I believe is a bit darker than the smoked shield. The mirror doesn't dim things quite as well as my sunglasses but it is very convenient since I wear regular glasses always anyway.
They definitely exaggerate the online pictures to look darker than they really are though.

Old December 29th, 2010, 08:54 PM   #4
onizthegnome
certified newbie

i wear contacts and sunglasses but a lot of times, especially now that its winter, my sunglasses will fog up so quick and opening my visor a little doesnt really clear the fog up as quick. the clarity defogit works great though. stops fogging until theres too much moisture and then id get a watery buildup on the visor.

Old December 29th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #5
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

The smoke shield on my rf-1100 is dark but with direct sunlight you can get a small glimpse of me . Otherwise its dark enough that you won't see in the helmet. You can check my profile picture, I'm wearing it

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2011, 01:51 PM   #6
MxKris
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Kristin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R S.E., 2006 CRF250R, and a 2004 TTR125L

Having worked at a shop for two years, and also owning a shoei, I would say the dark smoke looks black on a helmet with it shut. Yes, you can see in a little when direct sun hits it, but otherwise you can't see in it. The light smoke however, you can see through. I guess what i'm saying is make sure you got the dark and not the light smoke! I also agree that the mirror finish is a guarantee not to see through it. It should fit exactly like your stock shield.. Just make sure they sent you a CX-1V which is the RF-1000 shield! It's printed on the shield. If you're having trouble with it swiveling that sounds like a base plate problem. That's what typically breaks-in and wears out.
MxKris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 1st, 2011, 02:59 PM   #7
onizthegnome
certified newbie

@MxKris

well my visor is a CF-1V in dark smoke. its got the tear off posts and i dont know if they are the same darkness as the CX-1V in dark smoke. i feel like im sounding really anal about it but i dont want to have to buy a CX-1V just to figure out the difference if any.

Old January 11th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #8
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

I got this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Light...Q5fMerchandise

It's darker in person and you can't beat $25 to the front door.
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote