ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old December 30th, 2009, 02:21 AM   #121
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

One more of my '05 Ninja ZZR 250 at Beacon Hill Park in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Dec. 26, 2009, about 36F.

Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2009, 10:50 AM   #122
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jenn

Motorcycle(s): Bot

Great shots Anthony,
I'm going to be on the mainland later this month for the bike show. If you don't make it back to the Island beforehand, we should try to hook up for a coffee.
jcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 30th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #123
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgirl View Post
Great shots Anthony,
I'm going to be on the mainland later this month for the bike show. If you don't make it back to the Island beforehand, we should try to hook up for a coffee.
Sounds great, Jen. By "later this month", I assume you mean January (bike show Jan. 21-24). I should have made it back to the island for rides before then (unless we get a solid month of rain and snow). If not, I'll come to the Vancouver show with you.

And when you come to Vancouver, bring your bike if you can. I could do a picfolio for your bike at the Vancouver beaches and forests. Or else, we could do it in Victoria.

Anthony

Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:26 PM   #124
anthony26
ninjette.org newbie

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

stopped riding a month or so ago. It wont stop snowing here, I cant wait for spring.
anthony26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:48 PM   #125
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Name: Bruce

Motorcycle(s): '14 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom (silver)

It was sunny this afternoon in Victoria and the temp shot up to 10c (50f) so I went riding on the local backroads for about 45 mins. The pavement was wet from morning rain so I found it humid and chilly - but it was still pretty decent for January riding!
Posted via Mobile Device
capt_bugaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 2nd, 2010, 11:58 PM   #126
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_bugaloo View Post
It was sunny this afternoon in Victoria and the temp shot up to 10c (50f) so I went riding on the local backroads for about 45 mins. The pavement was wet from morning rain so I found it humid and chilly - but it was still pretty decent for January riding!
Posted via Mobile Device
In Vancouver and Victoria, the coldest and wettest 2 months are December and January. There'll be progressively more and better riding as of February, and looking forward to it!

Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:04 PM   #127
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Posted via Mobile Device
Why in the world was it warmer in Canada today than freaking Alabama. I just don't get it, and im sick of the cold, yall can have it back.

I went for a ride this afternoon, because my car is messed up, so now im bike only in the coldest part of the year, and colder than I have seen here in a while.
It was 27f when I was riding today, and after about 40mi I was suffering bad. I think I nearly got frost bitten, on my feet as well.

I got to ride to work tomorrow morning at 6am, unless I can get my brother to take me. Im dreading it because it will be a warm 12°f.

I think I heard on TV earlier that the reason its so cold this week(in the teens at night, and low 30s midday) is because of the cold air from Canada. I just want all you Canadians to know that you can have your torture air back. Im just not equipped to handle this kind of cold.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:22 PM   #128
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedilla View Post
Why in the world was it warmer in Canada today than freaking Alabama. I just don't get it, and im sick of the cold, yall can have it back.

I went for a ride this afternoon, because my car is messed up, so now im bike only in the coldest part of the year, and colder than I have seen here in a while.
It was 27f when I was riding today, and after about 40mi I was suffering bad. I think I nearly got frost bitten, on my feet as well.

I got to ride to work tomorrow morning at 6am, unless I can get my brother to take me. Im dreading it because it will be a warm 12°f.

I think I heard on TV earlier that the reason its so cold this week(in the teens at night, and low 30s midday) is because of the cold air from Canada. I just want all you Canadians to know that you can have your torture air back. Im just not equipped to handle this kind of cold.
We in Victoria and Vancouver (west coast) enjoy the oceanic climate, which is much milder than the continental climate way in land. The cold air in AL comes straight down from Central Canada (can't get farther inland than that), centered around the Manitoba/Ontario border - can't get colder than that either at that latitude, probably around -30F (that is minus) this time of year without windchill. So +27F is downright balmy. Enjoy your ride tomorrow, and please let us know if it went okay.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM   #129
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Gotta love the west coast weather. I 've been riding all week. My trucks been in the shop since I got back a week ago, so I haven't had a choice. I was out yesterday with just a long sleeve shirt under my jacket. It was beatiful.

Anthony, any plans to pop over any time soon?

Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:01 PM   #130
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_marr View Post
We in Victoria and Vancouver (west coast) enjoy the oceanic climate, which is much milder than the continental climate way in land. The cold air in AL comes straight down from Central Canada (can't get farther inland than that), centered around the Manitoba/Ontario border - can't get colder than that either at that latitude, probably around -30F (that is minus) this time of year without windchill. So +27F is downright balmy. Enjoy your ride tomorrow, and please let us know if it went okay.
I guess I need to move to the west coast, because I just can't handle the cold as much as I used to. I can't even fathom what -30f feels like, as cold as I think I have ever experienced was around 0f.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:20 PM   #131
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I guess I need to move to the west coast, because I just can't handle the cold as much as I used to. I can't even fathom what -30f feels like, as cold as I think I have ever experienced was around 0f.
I lived one year in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and experienced 45 below without windchill, over 60 below with. How did it feel like? Down at that level, it doesn't feel much different the first minute, but it can be measured in how fast you get frozen solid. You might lose your ears if you walk 3 blocks without ear muffs.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 09:19 PM   #132
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Gotta love the west coast weather. I 've been riding all week. My trucks been in the shop since I got back a week ago, so I haven't had a choice. I was out yesterday with just a long sleeve shirt under my jacket. It was beatiful.

Anthony, any plans to pop over any time soon?
Hi Jenn,

Just checked the forecast. Looks like except for a brief dry window on Wednesday, it won't be sustained dry till Monday Jan. 11. Do you have to work in the weekdays?

Anthony

Old January 4th, 2010, 01:02 AM   #133
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

it was really hot outside today, wore a t shirt under a mesh jacket
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM   #134
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Once I finish eating I'm going out for a ride. It's a beautiful, sunny day here and about 42F and rising to top out at around 50F. I'm going for my first real twisties ride over by Lake Travis and I'll be bringing the vlogging equipment so if all goes well I'll post it up on the tube.

Old January 4th, 2010, 10:07 PM   #135
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Hi Jenn,

Just checked the forecast. Looks like except for a brief dry window on Wednesday, it won't be sustained dry till Monday Jan. 11. Do you have to work in the weekdays?

Anthony
Unfortunately I work mon-fri but I just checked and this weekend is suppose to be nice, especially Sunday.

Old January 4th, 2010, 10:33 PM   #136
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Unfortunately I work mon-fri but I just checked and this weekend is suppose to be nice, especially Sunday.
I just checked. Yahoo and the Weather Network say different things. Yahoo shows grey throughout to next Tuesday, 10% precip Sunday and Monday, the rest higher, Sat wet.

Weather Network shows the sun on Thursday, Friday and Sunday, wet Saturday, dryish Monday.

If the Weather Channel is correct, we should ride. Great places to ride both sides. Who's taking the ferry?

I'll keep my eyes on the forecast these next few days.

AM

Old January 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM   #137
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

In my experience, Weather Network tends to be more accurate for Victoria than Weather Channel/Yahoo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old January 4th, 2010, 11:09 PM   #138
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
In my experience, Weather Network tends to be more accurate for Victoria than Weather Channel/Yahoo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey Capt. Possible Victoria ride on Sunday.... wanna comeout and play? Anyone else??

Old January 4th, 2010, 11:27 PM   #139
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Hey Capt. Possible Victoria ride on Sunday.... wanna comeout and play? Anyone else??
Hey, yeah, Bruce, come on out. Should be great fun.

I'm looking at google maps and wondering about the road out to Pacheena.

Old January 8th, 2010, 02:29 AM   #140
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Glorious sunny weather today for a change, 45+F, so off I went for a 20k ride on the beach and some twisties.

But only for a change. The weekend looks wet, again.

Old January 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #141
tjkamper
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Hoping to go for a ride this after noon After an Interview.

Old January 9th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #142
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Glorious sunny weather today for a change, 45+F, so off I went for a 20k ride on the beach and some twisties.

(
Vancouver, BC, Canada, has lots of great places to ride. My bike is on Spanish Banks, the southern shore of the Burrard Inlet. The Northshore is sunlit. On the waterline is NW Marine Drive in West Vancouver, which is very twisty from the Lions Gate Bridge all the way out to Horseshoe Bay where the new and sweepy Sea-to-Sky (S2S) Highway (a coastal stretch of the TransCanada Hwy) begins. The S2S is the way to go from Vancouver to Whistler - venue of the major outdoor events of the 2010 Winter Olympics this February. You can also discern the diagonal road going all the way up to the top of Mount Cypress, a popular local ski hill - a great ride, and a great view of the city from the top. Come ride in Vancouver; you won't be disappointed (to Jenn - wink wink).

Old January 9th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #143
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Vancouver, BC, Canada, has lots of great places to ride. My bike is on Spanish Banks, the southern shore of the Burrard Inlet. The Northshore is sunlit. On the waterline is NW Marine Drive in West Vancouver, which is very twisty from the Lions Gate Bridge all the way out to Horseshoe Bay where the new and sweepy Sea-to-Sky (S2S) Highway (a coastal stretch of the TransCanada Hwy) begins. The S2S is the way to go from Vancouver to Whistler - venue of the major outdoor events of the 2010 Winter Olympics this February. You can also discern the diagonal road going all the way up to the top of Mount Cypress, a popular local ski hill - a great ride, and a great view of the city from the top. Come ride in Vancouver; you won't be disappointed (to Jenn - wink wink).
Lol... I'm working on taking a trip out there. Will probably be out there on the 24th. I was out riding today... little rainy but still not bad. Hoping to get out for a nice ride tomorrow.

Hey Capt. I passed a red 250 new-gen by denny's, were you out riding today???

Old January 11th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #144
capt_bugaloo
motorcycle rider

Yes I was - but I was nowhere near the Denny's!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old January 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #145
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

started the bike, ran it for a while, wheeled it out into the driveway, cursed the snow and ice, shut off the bike, wheeled it back into the garage and back on the tender.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2010, 11:23 AM   #146
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Yes I was - but I was nowhere near the Denny's!
Posted via Mobile Device
Hey actually, funny enough, I passed another one out nead Gordon Head. Those red bikes are pretty easy to spot. If you pass a black 250 with a chick rider in a silver helmet, thats probably me... I'm gonna start waving frantically at all the reds that i pass. Just in case.

Old January 11th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #147
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Hey actually, funny enough, I passed another one out nead Gordon Head. Those red bikes are pretty easy to spot. If you pass a black 250 with a chick rider in a silver helmet, thats probably me... I'm gonna start waving frantically at all the reds that i pass. Just in case.

And the blue ones! And I will wave at both the red and black ones.

Old January 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #148
Beast
Pure Imagination

Motorcycle(s): 08' 250r, '07 Vespa LX150 (it counts right?)

I am too. 75 degrees and sunny here in Los Angeles

Old January 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM   #149
Talonne
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): '09 Metallic Diablo Black

*sigh* I've not been on this forum since I put my bike away for the winter, but having just gone to the Calgary motorcycle show this weekend, I'm really missing riding.

A beautiful 10c today, but there is a massive amount of gravel EVERYWHERE, and residential roads still have some snow/ice. No riding for me.
Talonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 11th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #150
littledog
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Special Edition Ninja 250 a good memory, 2011 Suzuki DL 650 the new ride

Very cold here by local standards for several weeks. There are ponds with ICE on them !!!!

We got close to 40f today though, so I rode the county roads for a while, just for the sake of the vooom
littledog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 12th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #151
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledog View Post
Very cold here by local standards for several weeks. There are ponds with ICE on them !!!!

We got close to 40f today though, so I rode the county roads for a while, just for the sake of the vooom
What part of bama are you from Peter? Its supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow, and the rest of this week. I went for a ride this afternoon, it was just about freezing, and I was good about the first 15mi, then it turned to me really really wanting to teleport back home.

I almost hit a dog too, I don't know what it was doing, there were no houses near where I was at. I was cresting a hill in the middle of a turn, and the dog was standing sideways right in my lane, and there was oncoming cars preventing me from going into the other lane. I braked hard, but I was still going to fast to stop in time, but I squeezed in between the dog and the edge of the shoulderless road. As soon as I got beside it it finally realized I was there, and I heard the bark of a frightened dog.

Old January 13th, 2010, 09:16 AM   #152
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
My son, TJ, has ridden to school almost everyday since Christmas vacation ended.

Old January 13th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #153
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I almost hit a dog too...
I'm glad you didn't hit the dog. Other than possible damage to the dog, your bike and yourself, it could also damage your peace of mind. I ran over a dog about 30 years ago (with my car), and it is still haunting me.

Old January 13th, 2010, 09:44 AM   #154
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
My son, TJ, has ridden to school almost everyday since Christmas vacation ended.
Just wondering about the S.Q. (sexiness quotient) of the Ninjette and the Ninjette rider in the eyes of the average female teenager. Is your son swarmed by girls? If so, how does he handle them?

Old January 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #155
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Rode again today for the first time since Thanksgiving I think. 28F this morning on my way to work.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 13th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #156
captlombardi
ninjette.org member

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): '09 EX250J, '01 CBR600F4i

Took her out today for about 45 min mainly to try out my new overpants and winter gloves. only my neck was cold but that was from being on the highway. gonna do a long ride saturday.
captlombardi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 13th, 2010, 01:24 PM   #157
tjkamper

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Ive found that you can cure a cold neck by wearing a bandana old western style over your nose mouth and tucking it into your jacket. It keeps my chin and neck nice and confortable at 70 mph at 15F.

Old January 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM   #158
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by captlombardi View Post
Took her out today for about 45 min mainly to try out my new overpants and winter gloves. only my neck was cold but that was from being on the highway. gonna do a long ride saturday.
I was in KS City around Dec. 9. It was frozen solid below 10F. Since then, there was the Canadian blast. I hope it warms back up for ya.

I always wear a silk scarf when riding in winter - not bulky, but keeps the neck and under-chin warm.

Old January 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM   #159
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkamper View Post
Ive found that you can cure a cold neck by wearing a bandana old western style over your nose mouth and tucking it into your jacket. It keeps my chin and neck nice and comfortable at 70 mph at 15F.
Sounds as good as my silk scarf, and fits the Ninja image better. Wonder if it also cuts down on face-shield fogging or not.

Old January 13th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #160
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Balaclava serves the image better and is even warmer.

http://newenough.com/helmets_eyewear...balaclava.html
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote