ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 7th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #41
Slick_Stevo
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): '13 GSX-R600, '09 Ninja 250, 04 SV 650 (track)

2 things

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRonin View Post
How do you think it would have turned out if the cops showed up or someone called them out of concern? Insurance would be notified whether he files a claim or not and at the end of the day all those statistics accumulate and **** all of us young guys up the ass, whether we have a clean record or not.
If what you say is true....whats the difference if its a parking lot....or snake road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinwithnofear View Post
TI know exactly what I am dealing with here.
obviously you don't
Slick_Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #42
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Quote:
....Next Steps:

I will be trying to find a new stator casing and rewiring the starter, no problem..........I am mechanically inclined...
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showp...1&postcount=24
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 08:09 AM   #43
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This is in clear violation of the T.O.S. you agreed to when signing up to this site; there is a link in my signature. I realize you're new here, so you get one warning. There won't be another.
Not to be rude, but why is he the only one in violation of the T.O.S.? Jason sure seemed out of line as well… T.O.S. 2.1.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #44
soggybottom
Aimless

Name: rory

Motorcycle(s): 01 ninja 250

Before worrying about buying new parts I would be checking to make sure the engine is worth saving. It sounds like you got the bike started and the engine locked up due to lack of oil? If that's correct you need to try to free the engine up. If its free, then worry about cleaning out any debris, flushing the engine out with oil, and replacing parts.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #45
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
@LoneRonin I see no reason to add insult to injury... He did something stupid and paid for it. I'm hoping the OP will learn his lesson from this and not do stupid **** in the future, but there's no point BASHING him like that... Arrogance never helped anyone...
Actually he said he's going to keep on 'stunting' on a 250, even if he totals it 6 times, blah blah.

I just hope he didn't mess up his flip flops/tennis shoes when he crashed trying to wheelie
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #46
livinwithnofear
ninjette.org member

Name: M

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
Actually he said he's going to keep on 'stunting' on a 250, even if he totals it 6 times, blah blah.

I just hope he didn't mess up his flip flops/tennis shoes when he crashed trying to wheelie
Actually they are Jordans but theyre fine nothing a little spit shine cant fix... Anyways the engine never turned over when I tried to jump it so going to have to do some investigations, any ideas how I can make sure the engine still is good?
livinwithnofear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #47
aeroblade
Doh!

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Actually they are Jordans but theyre fine nothing a little spit shine cant fix... Anyways the engine never turned over when I tried to jump it so going to have to do some investigations, any ideas how I can make sure the engine still is good?
You can have it checked but I doubt it would do you any good. Judging from the impact damage from the pictures I can certainly tell you the damage is far from just cosmetic. In certain sense the bike is totaled and swapping it with a 300's engine will not be cost effective especially since your requirement is of the stunting nature. I'd say that's money down the drain since you'd probably have to buy a brand new engine and whatever more it would in fact require to run. But yea look on the bright side, you could in fact get any other working engine like the ol ex500 and have the bike modified into a stunt bike. Just have to find a good deal.

On an another note,

Quote:
I WANT TO LEARN , I WANT TO RIDE , AND I WANT TO BE THE BEST, If this takes totally 6 bikes, You better believe it I will be number 1... You think the best stunters never went down? Remember theres only two riders, the ones who went down and the ones going down, Believe me I can drag knees but wheelies is just not in my artiliiary for now... I will be there, and I will fix this bike + post videos so If you understand me then Ride or Die #livinwithnofear
Yes I agree, mistakes usually teach us a lot of things, but I urge you not to do it out of arrogance cause that's what I see from your post. I might be misinterpreting your true intentions when you made that post and I do NOT wanna sound preachy but I've had friends who lost their lives to stunting. Fear is in fact what makes one better at something. The 'John Rambo' way of doing things doesn't not work in the real world.

Good luck mate!
aeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #48
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
I appologize to anyone on the forum who may have been offended other than Jason
Stop being such an arrogant SOB... lol Go and get yourself some GOOD frame sliders too... Shoguns anyone? Good luck and godspeed!!!

Old April 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #49
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_Stevo View Post

If what you say is true....whats the difference if its a parking lot....or snake road?
are you seriously comparing these two incidents again?? I got up, had the bike running and shifter straight enough to ride in less than 4 minutes...then got the hell out of there and rode another 8 hours...

Buddy here crashes, spills oil all over the road then probably limped his ass home while pushing a leaky bike...a much greater cause for concern. He said he doesn't even have insurance so I'd like to know how he rode to the lot in the first place...

TS, I may be a douche according to you but the jokes on you my friend...I have a perfectly operational bike, while yours is smashed and you claim to be willing to smash it many more times...

If you were actually smart and serious about stunting you'd get a proper stunt bike like an older F4i which can be had for about the price of 250 here and put some crash cages or at the very least sliders on it...not ass rape a poor 250 to hell.

If you know anything about stunting here in Toronto, you'll have heard of Stunters Inc. its where I get all my work done and have been to many of they're shows, I can assure you I know a fair bit more than you.

And if you drags knees as good as you say you do come sign up for a Rider's Choice trackday and prove me wrong...no insurance required.

Old April 7th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #50
Slick_Stevo
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): '13 GSX-R600, '09 Ninja 250, 04 SV 650 (track)

Quote:

Buddy here crashes, spills oil all over the road then probably limped his ass home while pushing a leaky bike...a much greater cause for concern. He said he doesn't even have insurance so I'd like to know how he rode to the lot in the first place...
yup you are right...this guy needs to grow up
Slick_Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #51
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG SITT View Post
Not to be rude, but why is he the only one in violation of the T.O.S.? Jason sure seemed out of line as well… T.O.S. 2.1.
You're not being rude, and you're right, there are other posts here that get close. Seems things have calmed down appropriately and we can go on posting ironic cat pictures.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 12:48 PM   #52
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
You're not being rude, and you're right, there are other posts here that get close. Seems things have calmed down appropriately and we can go on posting ironic cat pictures.
funny-pictures-cat-sleeps-in-an-ironic-place-m2jwfc.jpg
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #53
vanman69
ninjette.org member

Name: jet

Motorcycle(s): zzr250 gt650r zxr250 ninja 300

you guys need to lay off, he didnt comme here asking if it was a bad decision or not, so im pretty sure, he doesnt care what people think in that regard.

To the OP, keep on stuntin for sure mate, but im not sure the 250s frame would cope with it for long, anyways, pull the top end off, and the side casings off and try to crank it over with a socket and breaker bar, if its ****ed, a 300 or better yet a 500 would be a better replacement motor, or maybe just piss it off and get something with abit more power and stronger frame and gear it for stuntin. good luck with it
vanman69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #54
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
If you are bent sent on stunting and are completely new to it you might want to hunt for an older cheap dirt bike to practice on until you get better at maintaining the balance point of a wheelie and stoppies. Dirt bikes will take drops and crashes better than a 400lb street bike and have less parts to break and are cheap to fix. Plus when you get good on the dirtbike and move back to street bike you have a dirtbike you can ride off road. Win win

just my two cents
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #55
vanman69
ninjette.org member

thats a top idea too

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #56
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

OP, you're an idiot.

The engine is, in all probability, ****ed. A complete teardown, clean & inspection should tell you just how ****ed it is. If it's in working order then consider a new casing, if not well it's ****ed.

Parting out anything that's not damaged may recoup some of the loss.

Kit out your next bike for stunting before trying to stunt it.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 7th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #57
livinwithnofear
ninjette.org member

#THUGLIFE

Guys follow this instead much more interesting

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...new-to-ontario

Last futzed with by livinwithnofear; April 10th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

Old April 7th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #58
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
thanks guise, I think I need to rewire the starter because it doesnt seem to be trying to be getting any power, looking for a cheap case and some cheap oil hit me up if you gotta link

N yea Im down for a meetup but i guess Ill have to take the bus, or ride on the back,

Livinwithnofear
Like everyone has said 100 times, you need to tear it down before you start fixing "the problem" Don't waste your time fixing your stator before you figure out if your whole bottom end is shot in the butt....and your top end

i would be looking for a used engine if i were you and not worry to much about trying to fix it.

Last futzed with by subxero; April 8th, 2013 at 05:30 AM.

Old April 8th, 2013, 04:19 AM   #59
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

Darwin says OP should find a different pastime.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 05:45 AM   #60
livinwithnofear
ninjette.org member

#THUGLIFE

Last futzed with by livinwithnofear; April 10th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

Old April 8th, 2013, 06:06 AM   #61
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Been reading a lot about these ex500 swaps, but cant seem to find any solid info in terms of fabrications etc... Can you help me find some clear info on how I can do this swap.
why not just buy a used 250 engine?

As you described earlier this is a practice stunt bike, not a commuter, or daily rider, project bike, racer ect... Why go through more money and hassle than you need to for something you could total at any given second?

In short, buy a used complete working 250 motor, plug and play

Old April 8th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #62
vanman69
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Been reading a lot about these ex500 swaps, but cant seem to find any solid info in terms of fabrications etc... Can you help me find some clear info on how I can do this swap.
if you want to do this i think youll find you just have buy everything you need and make it work. i cant give you any firm answers but id imagine it would be just like any other engine swap. of course another 250 motor would be cheapest quickest and simplest.

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #63
livinwithnofear
ninjette.org member

#THUGLIFE

Last futzed with by livinwithnofear; April 10th, 2013 at 07:41 PM.

Old April 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #64
subxero
dirty boy

MOTM - Apr '14
Question

Quote:
You have any ideas of where to get one cheap? I think I may have blown the forks too, is it worth it to change to gixxer forks?
Am being trolled? I don't know whether to keep "helping" or to start answering with sarcasm... so confused, anyway

ahhh how about you start searching anywhere on the internet, ebay, THIS FORUM other 250 forums, anywhere that sells motorcycle stuff, local auto wreckers, not so local auto wreckers, take your pick.

As far as forks, i know nothing about mounting gixxer forks and how difficult it is and or how much a set runs so i can not help you there. I will say why don't you look at various options and do the one that makes the most sense for your situation, mechanical talent, available time and your wallet.

Example: Look into repairing the forks yourself, Look into sending them out to have them professionally done (they could tune them for stunting), Look into buying replacement 250 forks, new and used, look into swapping forks from other bikes, cost and work involved. Where to get forks, see above The interwebz has everything you need and don't need for that matter.

P.S.
If you do any work on this bike you MUST post pics the good and the bad, maybe even do a vid. Just going by this thread a vid of you fixing the bike would be gold if not for one reason, then another

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:50 AM   #65
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
You have any ideas of where to get one cheap? I think I may have blown the forks too, is it worth it to change to gixxer forks?
Quote:
"Yea, get the gixxer forks... might as well get the frame too. Since you went that far... get the engine. Well.... since you went that far, might as well just get the wheels too". Since you went that far.... might as well put the gixxer together. Since you went that far... might as well ride the gixxer. - Motorcycle Gump
lol jk. Trolling or not, don't matter to me. Ride your own ride, no matter what form it takes. Good luck fixing the bike and keep on stuntin' yo.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #66
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Did something stupid and tried to jump start it, rear wheel locked when the clutch lets go... pushed it home 5km.
Quote:
how can I turn the engine to make sure its moving smoothly.
Sounds like your engine is seized. Get the timing covers off and see if you can rotate the cam shafts. If you can't turn them, the pistons aren't moving.

Old April 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #67
REDCOMET
ninjette.org member

Name: Nathan

Motorcycle(s): None yet (ninja 250 coming soon)

Quote:
If you were actually smart and serious about stunting you'd get a proper stunt bike like an older F4i which can be had for about the price of 250 here and put some crash cages or at the very least sliders on it...not ass rape a poor 250 to hell.

If you know anything about stunting here in Toronto, you'll have heard of Stunters Inc.
To the OP, Im not a rider yet but I think Jason made a valid point here. The 250 is not made for stunting. You would be better off getting a bike more suited for the job and putting a crash cage on it and the lot. Im sure you'll notice that even the pros have a least crash cages on their bikes. With the right bike and set up, you would learn stunts faster and not have to go through all this every time you crash. Don't forget to wear protection and good luck.
REDCOMET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #68
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

Blah... see here.

Notice the lack of sh*t talking in that thread. js

Old April 8th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #69
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

yut ugh!
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #70
e90
ninjette.org member

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): '10 250 SE

This kids name is Matt M. He lives in North York. He's currently trying to sell the bike on kijiji.

He joined a 250 Facebook group not long ago and said the following things:

1. He hit 170km/h full tuck on his bike
2. He wants to buy an 1000cc bike so that he can outrun the cops
3. He illegally rides (he claimed the cops took his license away years ago). See #2
4. He looks/talks/acts like a poser - someone you would never want to be seen with in real life (think skinny 17 year old kid with gucci shirt and swag/yolo bruh)
5. He got banned/booted and told off in our group.
6. He has also been reported to the police by certain members with all his contact information that he posted on Kijiji as well as screenshots of his claims
7. He wants to illegally sell his bike and thinks it is legal for him to move to Florida and buy a bike there and that they will hand him over a license since his is suspended over here.

Please don't waste your time on this guy. Banning and blocking him from this forum is the best thing we can do.
e90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #71
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Someone's jelly
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #72
BlownWideOpen
ninjette.org guru

Name: Artie

Motorcycle(s): Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Someone's jelly
Don't think so... I'm a part of that group OP is a tool

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #73
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownWideOpen View Post
Don't think so... I'm a part of that group OP is a tool
These guys just have a problem coming to terms with the truth...especially Jiggles, just loves to take
what you say and turn it around on you when having no idea of the situation...

I just find it funny that OP was calling me a douch when I could smell his stupidity from miles away and people here were actually supporting him...

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #74
Ausoi
ninjette.org member

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2008 (Black) Kawasaki Ninja 250R

You know you could give people the benefit of a doubt first? Pointless flame doesn't really do much but make yourself feel better... Even if what you say is true, does it really help matters? I dunno I'm just tired of immature kid brains in general - life could do without them.

Just my 2c
Ausoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #75
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Jason's on a week break for violating our T.O.S. No more warnings in this thread.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #76
e90
ninjette.org member

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): '10 250 SE

Quote:
Jason's on a week break for violating our T.O.S. No more warnings in this thread.
That is quite an immature decision on your part IMO. Being a moderator means having judgement - from what I've seen, you clearly don't exercise any sort of logical judgement here.

Why does Jiggles get a free ride and isn't banned as well? The guy is a troll and doesn't benefit the community at all. Just makes it worse.

Poor judge of character Alex.
e90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #77
Alex
ninjette.org dude

e90's on a break for violating TOS 2.4. No more warnings in this thread.

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #78
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Alex, I would lock this one up, it's about done.

Old April 8th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #79
Alex
ninjette.org dude

You're discounting the entertainment value!

(but more importantly, it's OK to show how things can work by sharing contrary opinions with each other here without being an ass about it. There are object lessons about how not to go about it right here above).

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old April 9th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #80
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Thank you Alex
for all your hard work and good jugment
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote