ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old July 28th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #41
cole davis
keep the rubber down

Name: Cole

Motorcycle(s): 00' Kawasaki Ninja999-turbo/nitrous 250 drag bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-bama View Post
do you mind if i ask you for more detail about the nitrous kit? is that 1/4 airline? is there a p/n? for the kit? how do you trigger it? i was thinking the horn button would be a good starting point?..also i cant belive anybody would be like oh why try and make it something else blah blah blah. ha half these folks around me think if you dont have a harley your a pussy. i think what you done kicks a$$ and your young and mad talented
There is a site for NOS systems http://www.holley.com/index.asp?division=NOS that is the URL. I just used a basic fogger system with an arming switch right next to the solenoids, and an activation switch attached to the front brake master cylinder which you can see in the pictures on our website.
cole davis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #42
cole davis
keep the rubber down

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate-bama View Post
do you mind if i ask you for more detail about the nitrous kit? is that 1/4 airline? is there a p/n? for the kit? how do you trigger it? i was thinking the horn button would be a good starting point?..also i cant belive anybody would be like oh why try and make it something else blah blah blah. ha half these folks around me think if you dont have a harley your a pussy. i think what you done kicks a$$ and your young and mad talented
This is the link to the NOS homepage http://www.holley.com/index.asp?division=NOS, i used their basic 4 cylinder fogger system and utilized just half of it, as for the switches i used an arming switch next to the solenoids and an activation switch on the front brake master cylinder.

1108025-full;init_.jpg

Old July 28th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #43
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole davis View Post
This is the link to the NOS homepage http://www.holley.com/index.asp?division=NOS, i used their basic 4 cylinder fogger system and utilized just half of it, as for the switches i used an arming switch next to the solenoids and an activation switch on the front brake master cylinder.

Attachment 3188
thanks ill check it out!

Old July 29th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #44
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

so does one solenoid control the n2o? and one for fuel? or is this a dry system..could you describe how the fuel is plumbed to the solenoid. Im guessing the 250 pistons are forged?

Old August 1st, 2009, 07:49 AM   #45
Obsidian
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja EX250R

Nice frickin bike Cole!

Old August 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM   #46
P1NDLESK1N
ninjette.org member

Name: Dario

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Ninja 300 (Sold), 2016 Z1000

How you mounted the fairing looks pretty ****in professional.
Not that I would know otherwise.
P1NDLESK1N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #47
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

This thread really needs a bump.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #48
Imthebriman
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawi 250R

I am also interested in the n2o system
Posted via Mobile Device
Imthebriman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 26th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #49
bobaab
ninjette.org member

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250

All that work with the stock tires still? You need to get rid of those and complete the bike with some real tires

Looks great man! Mad props for your work.
bobaab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2009, 05:36 PM   #50
cole davis
keep the rubber down

Hello everyone I sincerely apologize for taking so much time off of replying to everyone's threads but for the guys interested in the nitrous system it is a Nitrous Oxide Systems wet nitrous kit designed for a 4 cylinder carburetor fed motorcycle that i reduced down to a 2 cylinder system but yes it has 2 solenoids one N2O and one fuel. the fuel is supplied via a T fitting in the factory fuel line and routed to a pump providing the pressure for the fine mist to the cylinders.

P.S. as for the dunlop's i never planned on doing anything but riding back and forth to school and the originals had excellent wear characteristics so i saw no need to dispose of perfectly good tires in favor of a set that would cost twice what the originals did and accomplish nothing more than owning (and paying for) a new set of tires that were no better than the ones i already owned (for my purposes) to do nothing but say I own a new set of tires. keep in mind that i am working off a 15 year old's budget here and I'm trying to finish my 79 El Camino before i have to drive.

Thanks you so much for your interest I'll try to be more religious about answering you guys in the future

Old September 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM   #51
nate-bama
North Alabama Mtn. ryder

Quote:
Hello everyone I sincerely apologize for taking so much time off of replying to everyone's threads but for the guys interested in the nitrous system it is a Nitrous Oxide Systems wet nitrous kit designed for a 4 cylinder carburetor fed motorcycle that i reduced down to a 2 cylinder system but yes it has 2 solenoids one N2O and one fuel. the fuel is supplied via a T fitting in the factory fuel line and routed to a pump providing the pressure for the fine mist to the cylinders.

P.S. as for the dunlop's i never planned on doing anything but riding back and forth to school and the originals had excellent wear characteristics so i saw no need to dispose of perfectly good tires in favor of a set that would cost twice what the originals did and accomplish nothing more than owning (and paying for) a new set of tires that were no better than the ones i already owned (for my purposes) to do nothing but say I own a new set of tires. keep in mind that i am working off a 15 year old's budget here and I'm trying to finish my 79 El Camino before i have to drive.

Thanks you so much for your interest I'll try to be more religious about answering you guys in the future
nice to hear from you again cole! and great answer on the tires lol new and expensive is the way around here

Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:56 PM   #52
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:

Your budget is WAAAAAAY beyond my 15yo budget but it sounds like you put every penny to good use. You are very obviously wise beyond your years. How will you find time to study with a hobby as serious and time-consuming as yours?

Old February 16th, 2010, 02:12 AM   #53
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

well, I know this thread is a bit old, but...this bike is totally awesome! no way around it! you well deserve to be riding such a beautiful bike with the amount of time/money you must have put into it. You are seriously tempting me to do something similar, not a xerox replica, but something with the fairings anyway, I'm really tired of my 250's very outdated look and want some more wind protection to boot. I was just talking about something like this with the local speed shop guy this afternoon actually.

Few questions for ya. What did you do with the center stand, is it still there, or deleted? side stand? any mods to keep it/them working right? what about controls? do your knees knock the fairings? how did you rig up the mounting system for the main fairing (upper/lower)? Dude, that bike is just awesome.

Travis

Old February 25th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #54
cole davis
keep the rubber down

Hey thanks for your interest in my motorcycle. The center stand is removed not because it had to be but it was just a hassle to me and I have hydraulic motorcycle lifts so i have no use for them. the stock center stand remains fully functioning no modifications needed.controls are stock but the grips and levers have been replaced. The rears controls have had the non functioning aluminum cut off of them for styling differences and weight savings. my knees do not contact the fairing but did before I extensively modified them with a cutting wheel haha. The main body has dzus fasteners that go to a custon fabricated stainless steel inner structure that mounts back to the factory holes.

check out this link for more pictures: http://www.davisracingteam.com/ducati999ninja250

Hope this helped.

Cole

Old February 25th, 2010, 04:48 PM   #55
cole davis
keep the rubber down

sorry...the clip on controls are 36mm units from ebay. I think they were this item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CLIPO...Q5fAccessories

Old February 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #56
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Cole, I salute you. You are definitely a top shelf wrench.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #57
cnichols79us
Fastly Slow!!!

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja EX250, 1980 Honda XL125

That is the SEXIEST thing I have ever seen..... I have such a soft spot for the LOOKS of the Ducs. ESPECIALLY the Race bikes. Great JOB !
cnichols79us is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 27th, 2010, 07:32 AM   #58
cole davis
keep the rubber down

Thank you guys so much. Do any of you guys have the sv650 shock on the back of your bike make it a bit stiffer and taller? I love mine, I was just curious if anyone else had installed one. Also, if anyone is interested the bike is for sale, I need to reduce my collection as i am building an all out autocross 1995 Corvette.

Old March 1st, 2010, 06:53 PM   #59
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Thank you guys so much. Do any of you guys have the sv650 shock on the back of your bike make it a bit stiffer and taller? I love mine, I was just curious if anyone else had installed one. Also, if anyone is interested the bike is for sale, I need to reduce my collection as i am building an all out autocross 1995 Corvette.
How much?

Old March 1st, 2010, 07:39 PM   #60
cole davis
keep the rubber down

I am asking 3500 for it but I will work with any offers, I will consider trades also.

Old March 1st, 2010, 09:20 PM   #61
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
I am asking 3500 for it but I will work with any offers, I will consider trades also.
With your mods? Not bad, even if the F-series topped at $3,000 MSRP in 2007.

I have no idea HOW I would go about getting it but I am strongly entertaining the idea. I will be looking into transportation and financing options!

Old March 1st, 2010, 10:06 PM   #62
cole davis
keep the rubber down

I know that what this bike is worth to you and what it is worth to me are two different numbers entirely but knowing the cost of the parts that went in to this machine and the labor it required i would say that the price is more than fair but like I said before i want to make the new owner happy and any money is more than I have now so dont be afraid to shoot me an offer. The worst that could happen is I say no. good luck man I hope you find a way to get it, you wont be disappointed.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:22 AM   #63
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
I know that what this bike is worth to you and what it is worth to me are two different numbers entirely but knowing the cost of the parts that went in to this machine and the labor it required i would say that the price is more than fair but like I said before i want to make the new owner happy and any money is more than I have now so dont be afraid to shoot me an offer. The worst that could happen is I say no. good luck man I hope you find a way to get it, you wont be disappointed.
Agreed. I'm surprised you're willing to part with it at all! Were you ever even able to ride it?!

I'm going to talk to the bank and I'll let you know if I qualify for $3,500. They may not want to do it in this economy because I don't have much spending money left from each paycheck after bills but they may be able to help with that too (consolidation).
Posted via Mobile Device

Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM   #64
cole davis
keep the rubber down

Yes as a matter of fact I have ridden it, it rides very well and stable, and is very snappy and responsive.

Old March 21st, 2010, 08:05 AM   #65
stynkmonkey
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Stynk

Motorcycle(s): 2005 CBR600rr, 1994 EX250 (track), 2002 ex250

Cole, your bike looks insane. I thought I was doing good with a 600rr tail on my 250. Now after seeing yours I might do the full 600rr body conversion. Great work.
stynkmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 26th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #66
omnivore
ninjette.org member

Name: Scotty

Motorcycle(s): CBR Fireblade, KTM 950SM, YZF750 (x2), R6, ZZR250, XR200, KTM 50SX Sr.Pro, Honda Spree

Gorgeous adapting the Ducati fairings onto the Ninja!!

Gives me all kinds of ideas!
KTM 950 SM,YZF 750 Street, CBR929 EnduranceBike,YZF 750 vintage racer, R6 racebike , SOAR #22
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #67
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
This is a Pregen right?

I like how it looks. Are those the normal fairings? That's definitely not a stock front fairing?

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #68
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Looks like a pregen to me.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #69
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Pregen underneath. Custom just about everything else.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #70
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Looks nice.

Old March 12th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #71
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/merged with main thread discussing this way cool bike

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #72
Bosgarage57
ninjette.org sage

Name: Luke

Motorcycle(s): 06 Buell Uly, 05 VStar 1100

wonder if thats the airtech fairing?
Bosgarage57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #73
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosgarage57 View Post
wonder if thats the airtech fairing?
Quote:
The body on my bike is all fibrgass purchased from sharkskinz racing bodywork and it is adapted to fit the much smaller ninja.

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #74
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Is it difficult to do a under seat exhaust...I don't remember the name.

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:32 PM   #75
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
There's space for the midpipes to reach up there. You'd have to relocate the brake light, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too bad with a set of Two Brothers slipons and a pipe bender
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM   #76
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Oh...but what's it called? Under seat exhaust?

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #77
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
undertail exhaust

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:45 PM   #78
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
I feel dumb lol

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #79
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
it's ok I'll let it slide. They don't have undertail exhausts on many bicycles.

Old March 13th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #80
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
I'm not sure how I even forgot that.