ninjette.org member

Name: Julio

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

you got ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old May 8th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #42
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehnej View Post
250rr....are you talking to me? I'm confused. I've only been on this forum a few times since my husband (Gary J) passed away in May 2012. Did I post something offensive?
No worries Jill and hope your doing well. This is one of those "just for fun" threads that we do every now and then. The [ you ] tag is a unique feature here on this forum and it's use will substitute your name into the post where it is used. It is a way to address "everyone" in a more personal way. As they say... no harm, no foul.

Good luck Unregistered!

Old May 9th, 2014, 03:57 AM   #43
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R Ninja -Neener-

Basic rule of thumb. NEVER trust seeing your name on this forum. Even if you are looking at your profile, don't trust it.

Old May 9th, 2014, 04:12 AM   #44
Ninjinsky
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Get rid of it! Taking the pizz out of newbies is not funny and that seems to be it's main use on this forum. I nearly walked away from the forum when someone called me an for falling for it. "Friendliest forum? Not the impression I got.

I notice the lady has not come back and, frankly, who could blame her.

Old May 9th, 2014, 05:04 AM   #45
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinsky View Post
Get rid of it! Taking the pizz out of newbies is not funny and that seems to be it's main use on this forum. I nearly walked away from the forum when someone called me an for falling for it. "Friendliest forum? Not the impression I got.

I notice the lady has not come back and, frankly, who could blame her.
Having members able to take friendly teasing helps to keep this the friendliest forum.

Old May 9th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #46
Ninjinsky

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250, Yamaha RS200 (classic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
Having members able to take friendly teasing helps to keep this the friendliest forum.
I don't think you understand. I am happy to be teased or wound up about something I said like "I want a Shoei open face helmet" because I am engaged with it but the issue here is that newbies don't know about the "you" thing so it feels like a personal attack. It's cognoscenti vs newbies, not nice.

You will never know how many potential new members you have lost because of this "Hey Unregistered!" game, I'll bet quite a few.

Old May 9th, 2014, 05:37 AM   #47
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
The problem isn't really with the function, it's the usage. What was requested as a nice feature has been from time to time used as a trolling and "just for laughs" tool. Once again, Alex moderates this forum nicely, when there is a problem... he takes care of it.

I have reviewed this thread (and others), sent pm's to new users and aside of one questionable picture, there is no real problem here. Besides, this is the internet... there are no kid gloves here or anywhere else for that matter, one must have a certain level of "thick skin".

I will agree we have lost some users, due to it's misunderstanding. But, I as well as others have used the [ you ] tag to encourage participation in threads with success AND without the negative connotation that one might think it automatically has.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 9th, 2014, 07:34 AM   #48
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/closed

Sometimes these threads work (the waving thread comes to mind), and sometimes they don't. I don't have a problem with the feature itself, and at times I find it particularly funny. But when it's not, it's not. I think we need to work on the more funny part.

(P.S. If you've read this far and you still believe the thread is specifically aimed at you, please understand that the entire thread is just using a special code so it shows the username of whoever is looking at it. Same reason my signature has your particular username in it. It shows that way for everyone.)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread