ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old September 15th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #1
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

Smile DIY: Yamaha R6/R1 flush mounts!

Recently I dropped the bike and it landed on my ebay universal flush mount turn signal the triangle looking one that are really popular around here and I was really excited about them when I got them but I quickly grew out of them didnt like how they looked 100%....so this was my opportunity to replace them.

The Proton flush mounts being $80ish I consider way to much for the type of use I give my bike I cant justify it.

So I measured my fairings and set out to look at every description on ebay and msg sellers for measurements of flush mounts looking for something that looked like it would fit... I found these Yamaha R1/R6 flush mounts the measurements on the description sounded good and for $11.50 I was willing to try them out.

on to the pictures!

This is what I received pretty basic sturdy construction I actually dropped them from waist height like 5 times while installing them and they didnt fall apart which was a surprise really.

So the first thing I tried was to mount them straight up to see how deep they sunk in. I knew this was going to be the main problem with them being as our side marker holes are so deep into the fairing.

Now if i had turn signals in my mirrors that would be visible to the front I wouldnt have minded this really but it didnt totally satisfy me....
So I attempted using the rubber piece from the oem turn signals as spacers to see what would happen...

It was grabbing only a few thread but it felt good because the rubber spacer was putting pressure on it I doubt it will go anywhere.

Now this looked a whole lot better but still not as quite as I wanted but Now the screw was maxed out I couldnt just keep adding spacers so had to attempt something else.

I cut the little tabs on the nut for the signals...

I added some packed foam to the sides of the turn signal hole. (it was the closest thing I could find to fit inside the hole)

Looks like this barely visible really

I installed the nut backwards to give me a little more space...when I put the foam inside I left enough space for the nut to turn on the inside of it.

BAM Just how I wanted it!

Now I plan on gettin somethings other than foam to keep there but for now its staying also On my other turn signals even thought they were plastic threads and nuts I put blue loctite on them and it made the nut really really snug on it so I plan on doing that to these also for extra security.

I understand there are just ebay china turn signals so I dont know how these measure up to the original R1/R6 turn signals therefore dont know if every R1/R6 flush mount will fit this same way I imagine they have to vary some maybe theres an ebay seller out there that has them with a slighly longer screw which will make it easier to install on our bikes..

Im really happy with how they look Thanks for reading and once again all contructive critisism is welcome

Old September 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #2
MR2Aaron
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Nicely done, but you might want to make them stick out just a little farther.

Turn signals aren't really meant to be seen from the side, but rather from the front and back. These look like they'd work if they weren't recessed into the fairing like that.
MR2Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Nice work.

/linked

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #4
rcruz17
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r

so far ive had no issued with them moving or anything and my friends like it they think its specific to the bike and not something I finagled haha

Old September 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #5
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
good stuff! I would say you nailed it

Old November 24th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #6
beninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Do these just plug into the turn signal connectors already on the bike?
beninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #7
A.R.K.
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 64 Triumph, 86 Fazer, 08 R6, 11 Ex250

pretty slick
A.R.K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote