ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:38 PM   #1
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Exclamation HELP ASAP please! - turn signal issues

hey everyone I just did some mods and am stuck. I put in the custom led integrated tail light and removed the back oem signals in the rear. I installed led flush mounts from tri, put in his relay and did the diode kit. The rear integrated signals do not work, the front ones flash slower than tris video. The left and right turn signals on the integrated DO NOT work, when I press either of the brakes then the right and left on the integrted work, but only holding the break. Please help!

I am trying to get this fixed asap so I can ride to class tomorrow, gonna be 91 degrees + I don't want to put all the stock back on.

edit: rear integrated worked fine prior to flushmount install

Old May 28th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #2
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
hey everyone I just did some mods and am stuck. I put in the custom led integrated tail light and removed the back oem signals in the rear. I installed led flush mounts from tri, put in his relay and did the diode kit. The rear integrated signals do not work, the front ones flash slower than tris video. The left and right turn signals on the integrated DO NOT work, when I press either of the brakes then the right and left on the integrted work, but only holding the break. Please help!

I am trying to get this fixed asap so I can ride to class tomorrow, gonna be 91 degrees + I don't want to put all the stock back on.

edit: rear integrated worked fine prior to flushmount install
sounds like youve got a wiring problem.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #3
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Please double check your diode wiring.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79621

video:

http://modmy250.com/diy.html

The only time I see when people have problems is when they don't wire the diode correctly. You can also just plug in the oem front LED's and see if the integrated blinkers work. If they do, you possibly have a defective relay. I haven't sold a defective relay yet, but it's possible.

Old May 28th, 2012, 09:26 PM   #4
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Please double check your diode wiring.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79621

video:

http://modmy250.com/diy.html

The only time I see when people have problems is when they don't wire the diode correctly. You can also just plug in the oem front LED's and see if the integrated blinkers work. If they do, you possibly have a defective relay. I haven't sold a defective relay yet, but it's possible.
I followed both picture and video guides but both ended without proper re-plug installation. Even with that I tried all the possible combinations (including leavin some unplugged) with 2 reasonable configurations, still nothing, I'll post video in a few.

before I plugged the flushmounts the integrated worked flawlessly. I was thinking it was the relay bc of the front led blinking slow and then flickered.

Old May 28th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #5
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

It should be obvious where they should re-plug into. The two connectors you work with are a 3 pin and a 9 pin. You can't plug one into the other, so I don't see the confusion. I'm not sure what "possible combinations" you might have tried. Have you tried plugging in the oem front blinkers to see if everything comes back to normal? Posting a video won't help if I don't know what your wiring looks like. Please plug in the oem front blinkers to confirm the relay is not the issue.

Old May 29th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #6
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
It should be obvious where they should re-plug into. The two connectors you work with are a 3 pin and a 9 pin. You can't plug one into the other, so I don't see the confusion. I'm not sure what "possible combinations" you might have tried. Have you tried plugging in the oem front blinkers to see if everything comes back to normal? Posting a video won't help if I don't know what your wiring looks like. Please plug in the oem front blinkers to confirm the relay is not the issue.
current set up: for the diode connection 9 pinto 9 pin. The oem connector with the new green in the middle is plugged into the diode kit 3 pin 2 blue 1 red wire. Then the diode kit black red wire are plugged into the oem 3 pin connection. I guess it makes sense bc then the other way the diode would be connected to itself.

alright, I unplugged both flush mounts and the integrated works as normal.

I plugged in the oem stock and the taillight works again.

the tail light and stock function as normal with the diode kit converted, what did I do wrong/then relay should be working correct?

Old May 29th, 2012, 11:01 AM   #7
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Sounds like a faulty relay. I'll pack one up today and priority ship it tomorrow. Just to confirm, you grounded the black wire on the diode kit right?

Old May 29th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #8
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Sounds like a faulty relay. I'll pack one up today and priority ship it tomorrow. Just to confirm, you grounded the black wire on the diode kit right?
yep i put it on the same 10mm screw bolt that you had in the picture.

Old May 29th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #9
o5mooch5o
DIY newbie

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Cool Interest

I'm quite interested in how this turns out since I'm doing as much reading up before I start hooking up. I'm about to do the integrated taillight with the protons up front. Now, from what I've read, I should be good with a new relay, LF1-S-FLAT from superbrightleds, and the diode kit from Tri/www.ModMy250.com. So from what I gather, and hopefully:

Protons + Integrated Taillight + Diode Kit + Electric relay = Nice looking and fully functioning lights?

Let's hope
o5mooch5o is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #10
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5mooch5o View Post
I'm quite interested in how this turns out since I'm doing as much reading up before I start hooking up. I'm about to do the integrated taillight with the protons up front. Now, from what I've read, I should be good with a new relay, LF1-S-FLAT from superbrightleds, and the diode kit from Tri/www.ModMy250.com. So from what I gather, and hopefully:

Protons + Integrated Taillight + Diode Kit + Electric relay = Nice looking and fully functioning lights?

Let's hope
thats what i was hopping for, well see when new relay came in. I watched all of tri's diys and other so i know it by memory now. i couldnt figure it out why it wasnt working i read the diode vs relay article on why you need it. ill keep updates, looks pretty nice so far =D

my main complaint now is that i cant ride atm =***********( i could put on stock to ride but time limits that scenario. hand signals?

Old May 31st, 2012, 04:14 PM   #11
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

wouldnt let me delete this post, ill put my update here when i get the relay

edit: see below, still not functioning correctly!

Last futzed with by SafetyPaws; June 1st, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
SafetyPaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:26 PM   #12
o5mooch5o
DIY newbie

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Yeah, I just got the incorrect relay in the mail. I just bought one from Tri, as I probably should have in the first place by the looks of it.
o5mooch5o is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:27 PM   #13
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Unhappy still broken

Alright so i got the new relay in and hooked it up. It still is not functioning correctly with the LED front signals. It works fine with OEM incandecents.

video here (mite take a few min after post for video to be processed by youtube) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4aGt...ature=youtu.be on what it looks like. The LED signals are actually flickering but you cant tell in the video.

i tried unpluggin the license plate light for the hell of it, nothing. I unplugged the brake light and when i would go right or left, either way both front LED's flashed. (well flickered).

Any suggestions? =*(

EDIT: is maybe the green taken out of the 9 pin supposed to go into the diode kit 3 pin?

EDIt 2: I plugged in stock relay for the hell of it and the integrated tail light worked but the led flush mounts stayed lit, if that's any indication.. My ninjette is a 2012, has anything changed from previous models?

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:04 PM   #14
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

From the video, it looks like the wiring is correct. Try this: remove the diode kit and put the wires back to stock. Plug in the led signals and flip the turn signal. All four lights should blink at the same time like hazard lights. If they do, then the fault is in the diode kit. LMK how it turns out.

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:43 PM   #15
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Lightbulb

Quote:
From the video, it looks like the wiring is correct. Try this: remove the diode kit and put the wires back to stock. Plug in the led signals and flip the turn signal. All four lights should blink at the same time like hazard lights. If they do, then the fault is in the diode kit. LMK how it turns out.
I changed diode to stock and with stock relay the flush mounts and the tail light all stayed lit up. I forgot I had stock relay on and was like crap now what... I put the new relay and bam, hazard lights, they all flashed together. The leds flush mounts weren't flickering this time, normal flash. So does that mean its the diode kit? What would cause these things to go bad?

on a side note it feels like the little metal piece (what's it called?) that holds the green wire that I had to pop out and in is going to break, if it breaks where can I get a replacement, like radio shack or somewhere?

appreciate your help btw, luckily its been raining past few days.

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:47 PM   #16
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

The diode was probably bad to begin with. I'll ship a new one out tomorrow. Can you ship the old diode kit and one of the relays back to me?

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #17
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
The diode was probably bad to begin with. I'll ship a new one out tomorrow. Can you ship the old diode kit and one of the relays back to me?
yes I can, I've never shipped anything (just regular envelop mail), can I put them in one of the original boxes (relay box) and do a "return to sender" ? Or do I have to go to the post office and put em in new box?

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM   #18
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Do me a favor and clean your grounding point with some sand paper. Then try the diode kit.

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:55 PM   #19
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

You can reuse the box but they will charge you to ship priority which is $5.50. You will need to go to the post office to ship it.

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:59 PM   #20
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Do me a favor and clean your grounding point with some sand paper. Then try the diode kit.
my grounding point was the same as in your video - the screw on the frame, where should I sand, the back of the screw or the part of the frame? Also would that damage that lil spot for rust or any thing?

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:45 PM   #21
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Unhappy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyPaws View Post
my grounding point was the same as in your video - the screw on the frame, where should I sand, the back of the screw or the part of the frame? Also would that damage that lil spot for rust or any thing?
sanded back of the galvanized (or painted black?) bolt and the frame point where bolt screws in and ground sits. No luck, same conditions.

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM   #22
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Sand the frame part. Some people have needed to do that to get the lights working correctly and had the same problems you did. Once you get the blinkers working right, you can go back and spray a little paint on the bolt and ring terminal (not where you sanded as that needs to be a clean ground point.)

Old June 1st, 2012, 07:46 PM   #23
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Ok, thanks for trying . I'll ship it out tomorrow.

Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:45 AM   #24
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Ok, thanks for trying . I'll ship it out tomorrow.
tyvm

now if that don't work, what other problems can their be? Anything we can for see?

Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:20 AM   #25
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

If it doesn't work, I'd remove the rear integrated lights and see if the fronts blink right. Other than that, there's really not much else.

Old June 7th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #26
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Talking

Quote:
If it doesn't work, I'd remove the rear integrated lights and see if the fronts blink right. Other than that, there's really not much else.
HA-ZAAAA! it all works! tyvm for helps Tri. Ill post some pictures soon. Glad to get that off my shoulder with finals and projects closing in.

Tri @ Modmy250.com

(i got nerd chills [term used {i know i didn't coin it but think only one who uses and people are like wth is that} getting goosebumps for something silly in a game or computer / technology oriented area] when hooking everything up and it worked.) Just thought i would share that, 7 days working on it off and on waiting for parts, arg... Ninja nerd chills!

Old June 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #27
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

photosynth here

not the best synth but didnt have enough room for full 360

Old June 7th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #28
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Cool . I'm glad it worked out. Please send back the defective parts when you can.

Old June 11th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #29
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Cool . I'm glad it worked out. Please send back the defective parts when you can.
yar will do, sorry will try to get them to you in the enxt few days, finals week

Old June 20th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #30
blackoutt
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6, 08 250R

Just threw in my electronic relay from Tri today in 2 seconds and it worked like a charm to fix my non blinking problem. OEM front signals, and integrated LED tail.

Old June 25th, 2012, 04:17 PM   #31
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutt View Post
Just threw in my electronic relay from Tri today in 2 seconds and it worked like a charm to fix my non blinking problem. OEM front signals, and integrated LED tail.
good that you got yours working the first time around.

@CThunder-blue did you get the stuff back?

Old June 25th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #32
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Not yet.