ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old May 1st, 2013, 06:06 PM   #1
WOTurtle
ninjette.org member

Name: Ian

Motorcycle(s): 09' 250 ARRRRRR

after 20770 miles, I laid her down. few ?'s here

Last saturday morning an older couple merged into the right lane on me and forced me onto the shoulder causing a lowside. They stopped immediately and I thought the poor woman was going to have a coronary on
the side of the road, she was wigging the f#ck out I calmed her down and explained that I was fine, just a little road rash, and then assesed the bike. It wasnt too bad other than a rashed left fairing and bent left bar, it fired up on the first push and ran fine all the way home. Now, ive decided to put some money into her and kinda freshen the bike up. So, here are a few questions I have.

1. Im planning on a set of vrossi wheels in the summer, but I really need tires now, im running bt003rs 140 110 now and I love them but lets face it I use about 20% of what they've got. Im looking at bt45s next and im wondering how the 150 would be on my stock wheel for a thousand miles or so until I get the wider wheel. Also im kinda looking for a tire that you dont have to heat up so much. I just dont have the roads around my house to ride the tires hard enough for long enough to heat them on the edges. I realize that tires come up to temperature under normal riding, but im always scared when I lean it over and pin it after 10 minutes of under 30 mph in a straight line.

2. ONE FINGER BRAKING. It made alllll the difference on my mountain bike. The stock brakes are strong enough, but it takes two fingers for me to modulate the lever with any feel. so I guess im looking more for force multiplication at the lever rather than stronger actual brakes. Mabye different MC valving?

3. At about 6 thousand revs im getting a pretty significant wah wah noise. Ive heard this is out of sync carbs, is it worth me paying someone to do? Im pretty mechanically inclined, but if its one of those things that takes really fine adjustments id rather pay to have it done while its my only mode of transportation.
WOTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2013, 06:12 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
1, the chain gaurd needs to be removed or cut a little bit for most 150 tires. i had a 150 bt45 and it was pretty nice. no complaints about that tire for street use.

2, you can change your MC to get a higher multiplier. before you do that, have you already switched to HH pads? checked your rotor for glaze? maybe start working out your fingers? i always use 2 fingers for braking and clutch. one fingers just not stable enough for me.

3, doing a carb sync is really easy. though you would hear it at idle fluxuating if it was carbs out of balance. could be a large number of things. best to just go slow and inspect the entire bike.

Old May 1st, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
oh yeah, welcome to the club!

Old May 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

sometimes.....you just gotta layer down
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:18 AM   #5
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Sorry to read about your mishap, Ian.

Switching the rubber brake hose to steel improves precision with less effort.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:16 AM   #6
WOTurtle
ninjette.org member

Vesrah pads already, just ordered a galfer line. One of those adapers to run a ss caliper kind of intrigue me. Anyone have any experience with how a setup like that feels? Im not trying to do frontflips here, but brakes are an area that can never be TOO GOOD imo.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:20 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Feels much better than stock if you bleed em well. Take extra care until you weed out the old muscle memory for the pull pressure.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM   #8
WOTurtle
ninjette.org member

Where can I buy one? All the ones ive seen have been made.