ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old November 24th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #41
Thorgrim
War Hippie

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): CB500F

Considering the thought and effort you've all put into helping me over the hump, I owe you guys a "ride report". The advice you've offered (and that of a close friend who raced when he lived in Cali) has really paid off for me. I've stepped back from this forum for a while as I had more input than I could process without getting distracted while riding, but I'm very grateful for all of it. There's still much for me to learn, but I feel like I'm on the right track now and very glad I got back into motorcycling.

Everything's better now. The bike feels more natural to me, I'm observing auto drivers do bad things without freaking out, and solving the too-sticky-boot problem has kept me on my wheels. Still don't like the super slow, super tight parking lot turns but I can do them if I must. I added a hi-viz jacket to the hi-viz hat, and the difference in being seen is noticeable - I actually can see drivers do a double take at times. That won't completely solve the inattentive driver problem, but the improvement can be easily observed.

Thanks, all of you. I can't begin to explain how much more fun I'm having now. It's a shame that there wasn't a forum like this when I started riding in the 60's - there was no Internet then, though, only rocks. Soft, soft rocks.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old November 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #42
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #43
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorgrim View Post
..................Thanks, all of you. I can't begin to explain how much more fun I'm having now.........
It seems it is joy time, as well as time to work on making that rear brake fight the clutch an exploring how ridiculous slow you can make that machine roll forward and even turn in total control.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 24th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #44
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 2nd, 2013, 05:08 PM   #45
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Seek out enough U-turns and you'll be a pro before you know it! Do it a few times right, and you've got it! That goes for all slow speed maneuvers. Practice, practice! Speaking of which, I need to get my 300 into a parking lot for some playtime soon too.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.