ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old November 30th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #1
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

Name: derek

Motorcycle(s): 09 250r ninja

Ohio Riders

Just thought id try this to see if I can make a ride happen. So im from Columbus, Ohio and would like to set up a ride for all who would like to join. Was thinking maybe early June. If interested just reply with any opinions or good dates to schedule it. There are alot of places to ride to so some ideas on that would be great. I figured columbus would be a good place to meet bc its central ohio and that would be in the middle for everybody. Please just reply with ideas and important stuff everyone should know
kawaninja09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 01:22 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaninja09 View Post
I figured columbus would be a good place to meet bc its central ohio and that would be in the middle for everybody.
...and you conveniently wouldn't have to go anywhere.

If we're doing a big trip, I vote for a trip south to some of those fun roads in Hocking hills, or near Athens, etc. But that's one hella long day of riding for me and @nautica. I'm game. I just might need some place to sleep overnight so I'm not on the road for 10 hours straight.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 02:52 PM   #3
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

I know that it seems like i said columbus for me but that gives riders from all around an even place to meet instead of someone having to ride from cleaveland to cinci if you know what i mean. Anywhere is fine with me just wanna ride.

Old November 30th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #4
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I know. I was teasing. Let's see who else pops in here. I've got no problem making a day trip somewhere as long as I don't have to ride the freeway. Preferably not alone as well

Old November 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I am in depending on the date.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 03:32 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
3.5 hour each for me fyi
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 03:50 PM   #7
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
If we're doing a big trip, I vote for a trip south to some of those fun roads in Hocking hills, or near Athens, etc. But that's one hella long day of riding for me and @nautica. I'm game. I just might need some place to sleep overnight so I'm not on the road for 10 hours straight.
There's plenty of good roads closer than Hocking Hills, that's a good 3 hours of slabbing that sucks. I've got plenty of routes stored on my computer that I hope to try out next year. Some will make our 5 hour day seem short . I think the longest route I have so far is 6 hours not including the hour ride to get to where it starts, so about 7 1/2-8 hours.

As long as you start at around 8am and take a few breaks plus lunch it's not too bad.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 30th, 2012, 04:14 PM   #8
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

yeah theres plenty of places to ride once we get some more suggestions we could put it to voted to choose where.

the date&time is also still up in the air but should be set soon so ppl can plan on it.

Old November 30th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #9
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
As long as you start at around 8am and take a few breaks plus lunch it's not too bad.
In.

Old November 30th, 2012, 08:25 PM   #10
josefmd
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Yamaha Bolt

Sounds like a blast!! I am up for it
josefmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 1st, 2012, 07:22 AM   #11
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

well so far we have 5 riders that wanna do this.

Some suggestions on where to ride would be good.

i figured i could narrow down the dates to either June 1,2,8, or 9 these are the first two weekends in June.

Old December 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM   #12
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Sure. June sounds fine to me. We're still awful early though. That's 6 months away

Old December 1st, 2012, 01:14 PM   #13
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

well that should give others that may wanna join or new members to see the post.

depending on how many i could maybe have a bbq or somethen when we are done for those who wanna come.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:44 AM   #14
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Here's a few routes I got from a local forum. You don't have to do the whole route but it gives some good roads to try and you can just shorten the route.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...,15,18&t=m&z=9

This is one Chris has been on.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...via=3,5,7&z=10

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=M...a=1,5&t=m&z=10

There are more but I forgot to save them and have to find them again. And it may be a little early to really start planning but it's a cool idea to do, but I'll more than likely do one of these routes every weekend like I usually do and anyone is welcome to tag along or meet up along the way.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #15
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

there are alot of different places to ride to. Also just to put it out there theres a Iron Pony in columbus which has alot of motorcyle stuff and a huge closeout section with alot of great deals got my woman a jacket and helmet for 50.

So I figured id set the date as Saturday June the 8th at 10am.
if any problem with that date please let me know

As i said i would bbq for those who wanna come eat after and relax before headed home.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 05:38 PM   #16
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Dude, we're way early to be making plans that are this definite. I for one don't even know if I'll be in OH for the summer. I am still looking for an internship and idk where that will be.

I will be for sure going to Mid-Ohio for one weekend, but I'm not sure when; could be the first weekend I'm home, could be the last, could be some time in the middle. Other than that, sure June sounds fine to me but there's a long time between now and then.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 05:45 PM   #17
Tigerpaw
ninjette.org guru

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 '09 Boulevard C50. '08 250r(TOTALED BY DEER)

Setting the date this early is a GOOD idea, for such a large audience. I'll try to make it.

**Sidenote - Do you know about http://ohioriders.net/

Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:12 PM   #18
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yeah I've read through some of their routes before.

But I just typed "ohioriders.net: ninja 250" into good. Dang there's a lot of dumb people on that forum hating on little bikes. I won't be joining there any time soon.

Old December 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM   #19
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

we will vote for the best route when we get a little bit more suggestions.

i just wanted to try to set the date so ppl could plan on it ahead of time. Just hoping to ride with some ppl and make some new riding buddies around here. never know when you might find urself somewhere else and knowing someone there you could possibly ride together

Old December 3rd, 2012, 04:05 AM   #20
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
But I just typed "ohioriders.net: ninja 250" into good. Dang there's a lot of dumb people on that forum hating on little bikes. I won't be joining there any time soon.
I haven't seen much 250 bashing over there except when they pick on the "village idiot" over there who had a 250.

And Iron Pony would be cool but I don't know if there is a fun route down from NE Ohio, but for those who haven't been should check it out. But as for planning, I can't know for sure until the time is much closer since who knows what will be going on at that time.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 10:28 AM   #21
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

everything right now isnt set in stone just trying to get a general idea of everything so ppl know when to try to be free.

I know some may plan on coming then something might come up. I mean im gonna ride with or without others but would really like to meet new riders and go on some group rides. I usally am stuck riding with my old man and his friends but they all ride harleys and i kinda stick out like a sore thumb.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 11:28 AM   #22
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Since we're looking at group stuff, everyone here should check out this thread as well:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117290

All are welcome, even if you just want to come and hang out.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 01:55 PM   #23
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
I mean im gonna ride with or without others but would really like to meet new riders and go on some group rides. I usally am stuck riding with my old man and his friends but they all ride harleys and i kinda stick out like a sore thumb.
You don't wanna ride with me. That is, unless you can do wheelies and fly around an average of 30+ mph over the speed limit seeing as I have a squid bike. Just ask Chris.

Quote:
Since we're looking at group stuff, everyone here should check out this thread as well:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117290

All are welcome, even if you just want to come and hang out.
Also a good idea and I really hope to make it to a track at least once this coming year.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 02:14 PM   #24
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

no wasnt meaning it in that way just that if someone has somethencome up and cant make it thats fine. Just saying im gonna ride either way. i keep 2 wheels on the ground and ride the posted limit got a little 5 year old girl to come home too.

Im only putting this thread out there so i could possibly meet some other 250riders and make some new riding buddies. I would be happy to meet others at other functions and get togethers to just wanted to see if i could get somethen going myself.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 05:15 PM   #25
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Just ask Chris.
All day err' day! I managed to be a stunta on this here 'jette though. Kept up just fine

Quote:
i keep 2 wheels on the ground and ride the posted limit got a little 5 year old girl to come home too.
dude, you're good. Brett and I don't do dumb stuff

Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM   #26
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Is this open to bigger bikes? There is "another forum" i am on and the last ride we had 38 bikes! It was in east of cbus. I know a small group of other bikes that would be interested.
snot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 3rd, 2012, 08:52 PM   #27
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Sure it's open to non-ninjettes. Brett is on a GSXR. Make sure they know that we have relatively new riders on 250's and will be riding at a pace that is safe for them though. I'm sure I can give anyone a run for their money on speedy twisty runs, but that's not the point of group rides, so as long as I'm riding along, we're going to be smart about it. Just sayin.

As long as we talk over the route and exchange phone numbers and write down directions, take it at a pace that's ok for everyone, and just enjoy the scenery, we'll be fine with a medium sized group.

Old December 4th, 2012, 04:00 AM   #28
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
Is this open to bigger bikes? There is "another forum" i am on and the last ride we had 38 bikes! It was in east of cbus. I know a small group of other bikes that would be interested.
Of course, everyone's welcome. And I forgot you were on this site snot, congrats on the 300! And I'm assuming the year end ride had 38?

Quote:
I'm sure I can give anyone a run for their money on speedy twisty runs, but that's not the point of group rides, so as long as I'm riding along, we're going to be smart about it. Just sayin.

As long as we talk over the route and exchange phone numbers and write down directions, take it at a pace that's ok for everyone, and just enjoy the scenery, we'll be fine with a medium sized group.
Yep. But with a lot of new riders to the route we'd need someone in the back who has an idea of the route in case someone gets lost or something happens. And no worries about getting left behind either, just cruise the straights and do your own pace in the turns and once out of the turns we'll stay back. That's how Chris and I did it last time but I was holding him back a bit since I had a scare in the previous weeks with gravel and took it easier. Still fun, though.

Old December 4th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #29
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

Glad to see more riders wanting to join the ride. Yeah the more the better more ppl to share there knowledge on riding.

Ill ride where comfortable for me and watch others do the crazy stuff lol

Anybody that wants to ride is welcome

Old December 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #30
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
Quote:
Of course, everyone's welcome. And I forgot you were on this site snot, congrats on the 300! And I'm assuming the year end ride had 38?

Yep. But with a lot of new riders to the route we'd need someone in the back who has an idea of the route in case someone gets lost or something happens. And no worries about getting left behind either, just cruise the straights and do your own pace in the turns and once out of the turns we'll stay back. That's how Chris and I did it last time but I was holding him back a bit since I had a scare in the previous weeks with gravel and took it easier. Still fun, though.
it was the dream ride that had 38, it was cold that morning. We rode 400 miles round trip in 11.5 hrs.

Old December 4th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #31
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

Saftey is the number 1 goal. I hope that everybody that comes leaves the same way they came. From what i can see we are gonna have a wide range of skill of riders.

Old December 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #32
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
^^ Which means we'll take it slow so everyone is safe and we can see the scenery. I personally don't know roads down south anyways, so I'll be going at a slow pace as it is.

I'm ready to ride a nice scenic route

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #33
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

So I was talking to my old man and he told me about this run its only 108 miles but drops you in Athens, Oh but from there you can take rt33 back to columbus. If you came from south of columbus such as cinci you could break off and take 32 west if you didnt want to go back to columbus. Just a thought.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/75/11...hio-SR-56.html

The route starts a little west of columbus maybe 30 miles but could plan the route from columbus.

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #34
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I've always wanted to get that far south. It looks like it's gonna be a haul for me, but I'll just put padded biking shorts under my leathers (which I'll have by then)

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #35
SC90
ninjette.org member

Name: Simon

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

There's a good scene ride I usually take when I am out with the Lamborghini club. Depart from Pickerington to Hocking Hills and stop at Rt. 116 (I believe) on corner where Sunoco is. Then from there, drive litteraly and 8 on the map through athens and around through 4 counties then back to Hocking Hills. Took about an entire tank of gas in my car. 18gal with mpg average at 14
SC90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #36
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

so i did some rerouting on it and found this to be a good run please tell me what you think?

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US...=2,4,5&t=m&z=8

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #37
snot
sammich maker

MOTM - Apr '15
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=1...a=1,2&t=m&z=14

This is the route we road this fall, all the roads were in good condition

Old December 4th, 2012, 02:53 PM   #38
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
There's some great looking stuff in these rides:
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/7373032/
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/6079132/
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/5510073/
http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/8374386/

Old December 4th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #39
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

i think they all are good routes and we could put them up to a vote to see which way the majority of the ppl wanna go. So any other ideas?

Old December 6th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #40
kawaninja09
ninjette.org member

just wanted to give this thread a bump