ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 25th, 2016, 07:34 AM   #41
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I finally got rid of that awful Clive barker book... Any book that starts out with "dont read this book, burn it" you should probably listen too; it's a good read, will get you hooked; even if you aren't into the scary sort of book... It's pretty genius to my pea brain

Old July 25th, 2016, 07:43 AM   #42
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Those murder mysteries and such are good reads, but I rarely get "anything of much substance" from them :/ they will keep you reading though!

So what's up with the spider girl or whatever book?
It's a fun summer read, but it is only a half a book. It needs and ending, so I guess there are more books coming. (Ghost writer?)

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2016, 07:53 AM   #43
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
It's a fun summer read, but it is only a half a book. It needs and ending, so I guess there are more books coming. (Ghost writer?)
I like books with an ending. Then again I don't like commercials or to be continued stuff... But projects I am not against starting and stopping on the even slightest whim; funny how life works

I really really don't like books, movies, or the like stopping flat in a spot that really doesn't seem like the ending... It can easily throw me off; like video games where all this extra stuff is on the $60 disc, but you have to go online and buy all the extra stuff; I quit buying new games, an systems to play them on instead of getting someone to hack in and free the costly treasures within. Back in my day sonny, when you bought a game you got everything that went along with it; wasn't none of this give me a few more dollars and you can play as the princess smh

Old July 25th, 2016, 07:56 AM   #44
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Speaking of books it's about time to pull another one from one of these piles and dive in. Haven't even been book shopping lately :/ not that I need to mind you I stay surprised the floor hasn't fell through from the weight yet

Old July 25th, 2016, 08:20 AM   #45
UFOmoplata
ninjette.org member

Name: Shoulder Blade

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Hoodrat 250

Currently:

End of Discussion

Old July 25th, 2016, 08:31 AM   #46
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I bet it's a good read

This is political cycle is nuts; end of political discussion for me.

Old July 25th, 2016, 10:50 AM   #47
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Quote:
Speaking of books it's about time to pull another one from one of these piles and dive in. Haven't even been book shopping lately :/ not that I need to mind you I stay surprised the floor hasn't fell through from the weight yet
I kind of know this feeling. Remind me to take a picture of my double-stacked bookshelves once I'm back in CA. So many volumes.....
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2016, 07:39 PM   #48
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Quote:
I like the sound of miss periwinkle and her odd kids!
I love some archeology, most anything historical can keep my attention!
Read some dean koontz, couldn't tell ya anything about any of it :/
Koontz is usually paranormal, in various flavors. he's got a Frankenstein type set, one centered around a guy named Odd Thomas who is relatively normal except when he's not, and a lot of generically strange books.

I dig it.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2016, 07:20 AM   #49
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Going with something fun now. Started re-reading Septimus Heap so i can read the last one.

Quote:
Star Wars chronology confused me; so the first movie wasn't where it began, an the last movie won't be where it ends; did they at least write the books in order???
Nope. HAHA

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 26th, 2016, 07:51 AM   #50
UFOmoplata
ninjette.org member

Name: Shoulder Blade

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Hoodrat 250

Quote:
I bet it's a good read

This is political cycle is nuts; end of political discussion for me.
IMO, this political cycle is nuts if you focus on the trees. If you focus on the forest, this cycle is predictable.

Old July 28th, 2016, 03:59 AM   #51
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
I kind of know this feeling. Remind me to take a picture of my double-stacked bookshelves once I'm back in CA. So many volumes.....
One can never have too many books

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Koontz is usually paranormal, in various flavors. he's got a Frankenstein type set, one centered around a guy named Odd Thomas who is relatively normal except when he's not, and a lot of generically strange books.
O
I dig it.
I got handed one of his books somewhere along my travels somehow \0/ haha all I remember about it was handing it back an telling them never to give me another book... Different strokes make the world more interesting though. I keep seeing his name come up, and see plenty of his books around, may give him another look I have enough strange in my head that I usually don't enjoy reading other folks though, except David sedaris (his strange I like)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Going with something fun now. Started re-reading Septimus Heap so i can read the last one.

Nope. HAHA
I really have been wanting to read Star Wars lately, it just keeps in my face lol
Oooooh I kinda like the sounds of this heap business

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFOmoplata View Post
IMO, this political cycle is nuts if you focus on the trees. If you focus on the forest, this cycle is predictable.
It's all pretty confusing too me, but seems about right when looking out over the world... I'm gonna crawl back in my hole now

Old July 28th, 2016, 05:43 AM   #52
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
It's a really good fun read. Good happy escape from all the crap in the world at the moment.

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 29th, 2016, 05:12 AM   #53
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Talking

I'm about to go look behind all the coats in my closet and see if narnia is in there somewhere I hope to come across one of those books soon

I'm back to reading about the founding fathers; they make me happy more often then not

Old August 9th, 2016, 12:26 AM   #54
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
The books that put me too sleep usually get tossed aside, but whatever floats your boat is fine by me!!! Welcome to the club! Any specific religious books or just random?
I'm not a big fan of the bible that has all the "thine shalt abstain apart from proclivities to whippeth thine ass upon the sabbath n such" <- they say that is English but I refuse to be convinced of any factual basis for that statement.

I have a few Buddhist books about, have listened (YouTube) to a bit on Hindu, a d spoken to many followers of the Quran (read a bit of it too)
As mentioned before, I seldom read, but I am quite ok for short essays or articles.

Some religious books are required for my studies. Titles are such as Syarh Saheeh Muslim, Fath Al-Baari, Syammail Al-Muhammaddiyah, Al-Wajeez and Al-Umm.

Syarh Saheeh Muslim is the compilation of prophet Muhammad's sayings under the author Imam Al-Muslim.

Fath Al-Baari is the compilation of prophet Muhammad's sayings under the author Imam Al-Bukhari.

Syammail Al Muhammadiyyah is the compilation of what prophet Muhammad's do's and don'ts.

Al-Wajeez is a summarization of the book Al-Umm.

Al-Umm is a book on Islamic jurisdiction of Syafi'e sect which commonly practiced in South East Asia.

Old August 9th, 2016, 07:28 AM   #55
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
@Abu_Mishary I've heard of all those books, and authors from YouTubes I have watched on the Quran and Islam... Pretty interesting stuff, though I haven't personally read any of them. If I ever find any copies in English I will definitely pick them up, I'm always interested in new perspectives and cultures / religions.

Old August 9th, 2016, 10:42 PM   #56
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
@Abu_Mishary I've heard of all those books, and authors from YouTubes I have watched on the Quran and Islam... Pretty interesting stuff, though I haven't personally read any of them. If I ever find any copies in English I will definitely pick them up, I'm always interested in new perspectives and cultures / religions.
If you need any new reading materials, just tell me. The course i am working on involves me with street preaching (in arabic calls dawah), i am pretty sure there are lots of english translated materials available which i could get my hands on.