Kevin1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2014, 10:54 PM   #2
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14

Link to original page on YouTube.

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2014, 10:57 PM   #3
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Thanks NevadaWolf! I guess is hould have posted it as a link?

Old March 28th, 2014, 11:00 PM   #4
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

90% of the time that I get tailgated, it's an idiot in a 4WD truck.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 28th, 2014, 11:04 PM   #5
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1956 View Post
Thanks NevadaWolf! I guess is hould have posted it as a link?
No worries, the app just doesn't always work on my ipad so I get lazy and like seeing it embedded.

Um, not sure if you know the trick so if you do skip this next bit.

Using the [ youtube ] or [ y ] tags will embed the video. Simply put the ID of the vid inbetween the open and close tags...

[ y ]3XqZoaWKv2k[ /y ]

Tada!

Old March 28th, 2014, 11:10 PM   #6
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

He should have just gone around, but why is she in the left lane if she's not passing? Also, she clearly speeds up when he finally does try and go around her to prevent him from doing so. Both parties have some fault imo.
JELY1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 28th, 2014, 11:24 PM   #7
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

She was in the proper lane. They both overtook a slower moving white cabover truck. She wasn't changing speeds, he was. He went to pass, saw she was filming and slowed down to give her the finger.

Old March 29th, 2014, 12:27 AM   #8
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Too bad the truck didnt flip. Hopefully he got injured.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 12:39 AM   #9
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

He got what he deserved for being a jerk.
Skullz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #10
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Why would you wish injury on this guy? Yeah he was being an asshole, so what. Don't stoop to their level and wish injury on someone else. The woman driving the car was being stupid too, she was provoking him and devoting attention to recording some jerk rather than paying attention to the road. They were both being idiots, and both have partial fault in this. The way that truck slid out could have injured a lot of innocent people.

If the guy wasn't such a jerk and the woman didn't take his aggressive driving so personal, this would've never happened. Had she just moved over and let him go by, everyone would have had a better day. Or maybe he would have still spun out but it would have been entirely on him in that case.

I just get so tired of grown ass adults acting like immature little children over the most trivial things that they won't even care about in the next five minutes if they could just learn to let it go.

/rant over, I'm gonna follow my own advice and let it go. Have a nice day everyone!
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #11
psych0hans

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
Why would you wish injury on this guy? Yeah he was being an asshole, so what. Don't stoop to their level and wish injury on someone else. The woman driving the car was being stupid too, she was provoking him and devoting attention to recording some jerk rather than paying attention to the road. They were both being idiots, and both have partial fault in this. The way that truck slid out could have injured a lot of innocent people.

If the guy wasn't such a jerk and the woman didn't take his aggressive driving so personal, this would've never happened. Had she just moved over and let him go by, everyone would have had a better day. Or maybe he would have still spun out but it would have been entirely on him in that case.

I just get so tired of grown ass adults acting like immature little children over the most trivial things that they won't even care about in the next five minutes if they could just learn to let it go.

/rant over, I'm gonna follow my own advice and let it go. Have a nice day everyone!
I concur

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:37 AM   #12
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
be careful because Karma goes both ways.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:47 AM   #13
JudyG
ninjette.org member

Name: Judy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

It was mentioned that she got death threats from other people for posting the video.

We all make mistakes, sometimes use poor judgment, or get in over our heads
I know I would be thankful if I chose or the other party chose a safe response that prevented anyone from getting hurt or causing damage.

I remember a poem told me in driver's ed in High School:

Here lies the remains of Johnathan Gray
He died defending his right of way
He was right, dead right, as he sped along
But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

May there always be Guardian Angels on our rides.
JudyG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 09:26 AM   #14
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

Here's a follow up from Yahoo where they wrote a story after asking the woman involved "some questions." I think they could have done better questioning/reporting, but after all it is Yahoo, and at least they followed up.

The man that crashed his truck was charged with reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident (I assume without attempting to locate the owner of unattended damaged property and not leaving a note), and not wearing his seat belt.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...4238.html?vp=1
jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 09:28 AM   #15
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
I have stoped road rage by pointing my phone at the ragger. I do not bother hitting record. Just point.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #16
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1956 View Post
She was in the proper lane. They both overtook a slower moving white cabover truck. She wasn't changing speeds, he was. He went to pass, saw she was filming and slowed down to give her the finger.
Okay maybe. Anyway, when she films her speedo she's going ~59mph in the passing lane. If that's a country road the speed limit is 55mph. Regardless of speed limits, after overtaking slower moving traffic you don't stay in the passing lane.
JELY1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 10:16 AM   #17
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:

Nobody is stooping to his level. The girl isnt at fault by any means lol. So recording some asshole that may possibly endanger you is now provoking him to do those dangerous acts? Come on now. That man in the truck is a pathetic piece of **** and id bet money he didnt learn anything by that incident.
Quote:
Kinda proving my point here. I worked as a security officer for over 2 years and i saw this childish behavior absolutely every day and specially on the weekends. I have 0 respect or any remorse for people like that asshole. They do it so they can feel like theyre more powerful than the person theyre trying to intimidate, its pathetic.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:34 AM   #18
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
I've actually been in a situation exactly like this, the person lost control and everything, I laughed. People like that get what they deserve, maybe it will teach them a lesson. I hate bully's on the road who think they are entitled to the road, by being an aggressive schmuck and flipping you off, revving their engine, flashing their high beams, etc. Plenty of times, they have room to move over and get to where they need to go, but they'd rather be a prick about it.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 10:41 AM   #19
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELY1990 View Post
Okay maybe. Anyway, when she films her speedo she's going ~59mph in the passing lane. If that's a country road the speed limit is 55mph. Regardless of speed limits, after overtaking slower moving traffic you don't stay in the passing lane.
Before she edited the description this latest time, she clearly stated she had to make a left turn in less than a mile. So then, why would she get over if she has to make a turn?
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM   #20
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I would have just given her the pit manuver and then passed her.

She said she was doing 50MPH in the fast lane on a 55MPH road. She is a douche! They are passing a law in Florida just for these losers who ride the fast lane thinking it's their duty to slow people down. She didn't need to be in that lane if she wasn't turning left for a mile.

The guy was a bigger idiot, who obviously can't drive, and shouldn't be on the road.

They both should get in trouble for leaving the scene of an accident.

She reminds me of the Prius douche complaining about the truck guy.

What goes around comes around (for each of them).

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 11:01 AM   #21
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
It looked like a one douchebag accident the other douchebag's only offence was being a douche no laws against that.

Old March 29th, 2014, 12:45 PM   #22
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiant View Post
I've actually been in a situation exactly like this, the person lost control and everything, I laughed. People like that get what they deserve, maybe it will teach them a lesson. I hate bully's on the road who think they are entitled to the road, by being an aggressive schmuck and flipping you off, revving their engine, flashing their high beams, etc. Plenty of times, they have room to move over and get to where they need to go, but they'd rather be a prick about it.
I hate people like you that think you deserve to Sunday cruise in the left lane. If you're in the left lane and someone wants to go faster than you, you get the hell over. It doesn't matter if you think you're going fast enough.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:01 PM   #23
antiant
antiant

MOTM - Oct '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
I hate people like you that think you deserve to Sunday cruise in the left lane. If you're in the left lane and someone wants to go faster than you, you get the hell over. It doesn't matter if you think you're going fast enough.
Erm, I wasn't cruising, this particular person seemed high or on drugs, actually scared me and the person came quickly right on my ass.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:17 PM   #24
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Plenty of times, they have room to move over and get to where they need to go, but they'd rather be a prick about it.
This is what people are reacting to. If you believe what you posted in this quote, it is an opinion that will inflame other drivers. If you are forcing drivers to pass you on the right, and thinking that's what they should do if they want to go faster than you, you're in the wrong. That isn't a valid excuse for tailgating, roadrage, or any other action that is also in the wrong. But don't minimize your own contribution to the situation by not understanding basic road courtesy.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #25
antiant
antiant

MOTM - Oct '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
This is what people are reacting to. If you believe what you posted in this quote, it is an opinion that will inflame other drivers. If you are forcing drivers to pass you on the right, and thinking that's what they should do if they want to go faster than you, you're in the wrong. That isn't a valid excuse for tailgating, roadrage, or any other action that is also in the wrong. But don't minimize your own contribution to the situation by not understanding basic road courtesy.
There weren't a bunch of people passing, it was one person. I agree, if many people are passing you, take the hint and move over, or if you have a line of cars trailing you, etc. This wasn't the case. In the beginnging of the film, he could have passed her, but he did not. She was going the speed limit. He was the aggressor, which was validated, when he finally started to pass her, saw what she was doing with the filming, slowed down, then sped up and started flipping her off with eyes off the road. If he really wanted to pass, he wouldn't have slowed down all of a sudden, just to flip her off and speed up. He was being a douche.

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:42 PM   #26
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I'm sorry, but you're missing the point. It doesn't matter terribly whether it's one person or many people. If a driver is forcing even one vehicle to move to the right to go around them, they aren't paying enough attention to their surroundings. It's not a cardinal sin, but it's a mistake nonetheless. We should take it as a clue to pay more attention and move over if we don't need to be in the passing lane, not as an affront to our machismo.

No argument that the pickup truck driver is a douche as well, but that isn't the point, either.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:47 PM   #27
antiant
antiant

MOTM - Oct '14
I disagree about missing a point. Why should someone be intimidated by a bully, by letting the bully get his/her way all the time?

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #28
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
We do not know what happened before. I can tell you when I am passing cars and some douche starts tailgating me dangerously, when I am in a car, they will need to pass me on the right. If I am on my bike then I am gone.

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:58 PM   #29
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
I disagree about missing a point. Why should someone be intimidated by a bully, by letting the bully get his/her way all the time?
You are deliberately being an obstruction to try to prove a point, that adds unnecessary risk.

Keep out of the passing lane unless you're passing & people won't try to 'bully' you out of it, it's your failure to occupy the correct position that's pissing them off.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #30
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
I see a difference between letting a bully get their way and cooperating on a roadway.

Being bullied is being forced to the shoulder as someone takes your lane from you.

Cooperating means recognizing there is a very limited space for vehicles (one or two lanes usually) and passing and being passed allows for traffic to move smoothly.

My problem on the road is how much anger there is. I see drivers get angry for me going the speed limit on a one lane double yellow road. I see drivers getting pissed when someone doesn't move out of the way when they are in a hurry (I'll admit to being both the one unintentionally blocking and the one being blocked). What I don't see is those angry drivers calming their emotions and instead reacting to the situation safely.

Yes, someone is blocking the lane and not moving. Look, space on the right. Yes, someone is going slow and not the speed limit. Look, a dotted line is just around the bend. Yes someone is tailgating and being an ass. Look, a shoulder to pull into and let the ass go vs getting involved in an accidnet. Yes, someone has their highbeams on. Look, the mirrors move.

I don't understand road rage as it solves nothing over making the one who is mad a greater risk on the road. As long as the car in front is obeying the law, deal with it. If they are not obeying the law, go around or let them go.

In the end it isn't worth the pissing contest.

Old March 29th, 2014, 02:19 PM   #31
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

The left lane has always been the passing lane but all too often anymore people use it as a regular lane to travel on. Even when i am going faster than traffic i will always move out of the left lane for those faster than me to pass on.
Skullz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 02:30 PM   #32
antiant
antiant

MOTM - Oct '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf
As long as the car in front is obeying the law, deal with it. If they are not obeying the law, go around or let them go.
Agreed and pretty much the bottom line.

Old March 29th, 2014, 02:59 PM   #33
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
55 mph x 110 minutes !!!

Those two irresponsible drivers rolled over 9,500 feet paying more attention to their egos than to traffic.

Yes, they both could have sweep you and your Ninjette out this world, which makes then potentially guilty of "involuntary" vehicular manslaughter.

The real problem to us is not what they do, but the numerous that they are out there.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #34
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Put as much distance between you and stupidity as possible and you will live a longer, happier life. - csmith12
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:10 PM   #35
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
So no one is concerned that she is more focused on what is going on behind her at 50-60 mph then what is coming ahead of her? Bitch needs to focus on her task at hand driving on the road not running video with one hand on a camera and the other on the wheel. She is more dangerous then a guy speeding.

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old March 29th, 2014, 03:23 PM   #36
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

FWIW, anytime I see someone coming up hot in my rear mirror, I'll move over so they can pass. I drive fast, so it happens rarely, but it's just something I do because it's common courtesy. If someone clearly wants to go faster than me, sure, I can stay put and make them maneuver around. But I'd rather be nice about it and move first, so they can keep going on their marry little way w/o having to slow down or switch lanes. Not everyone does that, which is too bad, because they're causing road rage with their own stubbornness.

"even a proper fitting helmet can 'get loose'" -csmith
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #37
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
FWIW, anytime I see someone coming up hot in my rear mirror, I'll move over so they can pass. I drive fast, so it happens rarely, but it's just something I do because it's common courtesy. If someone clearly wants to go faster than me, sure, I can stay put and make them maneuver around. But I'd rather be nice about it and move first, so they can keep going on their marry little way w/o having to slow down or switch lanes. Not everyone does that, which is too bad, because they're causing road rage with their own stubbornness.
The way to do it, and the bonus of you get a heatseeker to keep police attention off you
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #38
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
It seems no one is taught this anymore. Up here there's even tons of "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs.

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:31 PM   #39
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
If you are in the process of passing a line of cars and that happens, do you slow down to get to the back of the line of cars you were in the process of passing?

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:33 PM   #40
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
If you are in the process of passing a line of cars and that happens, do you slow down to get to the back of the line of cars you were in the process of passing?
I will say I don't expect some one to do that. But I do expect them to get over after the group of cars. Most people seem to understand this.