ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Closed Thread

Old December 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1
mahalostunt
ninjette.org member

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 09' 250

2009 ninja 250 no title. 14k miles. Clean bike.

As title says I have a 2009 ninja 250, went through all hell to try and get a title but it was a no go. DMV wouldn't give me any information. If you run the bikes vin it shows a clean and NOT STOLEN title It has plates and tags show that they're good till August 2014 but I don't have any paperwork and I can't insure it. I ride it on the streets every single day but its playing with fire if I get pulled over so I wouldn't recommend it. Just had all fluids replaced bike has newer tires new front blinkers and fender eliminator , all work done by Haward motorsports and I have the receipts, costed me a pretty penny. Bike also has a Jardine slip on. BIKE NEEDS NOTHING. Selling it as a track bike because it can't be street legal. $2200, or pick it up withing the next few days and I'll give you a deal. I have a few other bikes and just bought a 300 so I don't want this bike to just sit. Located in the Bay Area, call or text at 707-570-5049, Martin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (119.0 KB, 8 views)

Old December 5th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #2
mahalostunt
ninjette.org member

Another pic. Text me for more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (147.4 KB, 5 views)

Old December 5th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
hate to tell you this but it MIGHT be worth that much if you had a title. with no title and no way of getting a title... well, i mean... you are better off parting it out because noone would pay the same amount as a titled bike costs.... with no title. also you didn't include the vin# so people can see that it is not actually stolen

Old December 5th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
How did you come to own this bike?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old December 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #5
mahalostunt
ninjette.org member

Good call, im at work, I'll get the vin posted once I get home. And I'm open to offers, I spent $600 bucks for the hole service and new blinkers and tires. A friend works as a mechanic and guy owed money on a fix for his New wrecked R6 and payed for it in the form of this bike. And that guy never had the title. He was gonna part it out it track it but he crashed his bike so my mechanic ended up with it and I gladly adopted it.

Old December 5th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

If it truly is a clean, but evidently non-existing title, you should have been able to get one from the DMV. You say you've gone through hoops with them, but can you share why they wouldn't allow you to title it?

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg227.pdf

and

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/rep...lost-title.php

make the process pretty clear.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old December 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old December 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #8
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If it truly is a clean, but evidently non-existing title, you should have been able to get one from the DMV. You say you've gone through hoops with them, but can you share why they wouldn't allow you to title it?

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg227.pdf

and

http://www.dmv.org/ca-california/rep...lost-title.php

make the process pretty clear.
You just mad bro! lol

Old December 5th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #9
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
no, but really. it probably has a lein on it which means the lein has to be paid off before it can be registered to a new title. not technically stolen. but will probably get repoed soon

Old December 5th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #10
mahalostunt
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
no, but really. it probably has a lein on it which means the lein has to be paid off before it can be registered to a new title. not technically stolen. but will probably get repoed soon
I went to the DMV one last time and just got back a few minutes ago and you're exactly right. and apparently the guy who have me the bill of sale doesn't exist because he gave a fake name and there is totally a lien on the bike. FML. Now I got some crap on my hands. Price lowered to $1600 if they want it for parts. I may just part it out myself. Damnit.

Old December 5th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #11
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
if you can find out who the lein holder is you can probably make a deal with them to get the title out of their name. regardless of what the PO did (stopped making payments), they still want to make money from it. so they'll either keep trying to repo, or if someone can give them money they'll try to get money from them. who knows maybe you can convince them to let it go on the cheap.

Old December 5th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #12
min nin
ninjette.org member

Name: terry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 250r

It is illegal for you to posses,or sell that bike.

Old December 5th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #13
mahalostunt
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by min nin View Post
It is illegal for you to posses,or sell that bike.
I let them know I was "thinking" about buying the bike so I don't have them trying to come to my house. I'll probably just part it out then. If anyone needs anything. Let me know..

Old December 5th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #14
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Some guy screwed over your mechanic friend. If the mechanic realized this and then charged you anything for this bike, he screwed you over. You're out at least $600 trying to fix up a bike that you don't own. Unfortunately, you now have a choice of trying to find someone else to screw over, or to try and stop the chain by getting in touch with the lienholder and trying to agree on an offer for the bike.

Either way, you can't sell the bike or its parts here until you get it sorted out.

/closed

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread