ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 26th, 2012, 07:04 AM   #1
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Name: Solon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

Front Left Blinker Stays On

Hey guys, I haven't posted in a little while because I've been busy but since this is a safety issue I think I should look into getting help to get it fixed soon. My front left blinker stays on, and my left rear blinker does not turn on. Is this a bulb issue? I don't have the equipment to check the electronics of anything, so I won't be able to see if my relay is bad.

Would this be a simple case of a burnt out left rear bulb? I've only had this bike since July 2011, so it hasn't even been a year. It seems odd that the blinker would burn out. Is this covered under the 1 year warranty?
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #2
chikenstrips
ninjette.org member

Name: peter

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

i had the same problem on my ninja. If i recall i had a burnt of bulb. Check the bulb first
chikenstrips is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #3
RaceTech Electric
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 1988 FJ1100

Agreed, check the Bulb first. Pop it out and flick it with your finger, if you can see the filament moving around you have a bad bulb.

www.racetechelectric.com
RaceTech Electric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #4
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

I had a similar problem; I took the front left blinker apart and discovered one of the connectors was loose, so I connected it properly and taped it up, and that fixed the problem. You could check the front and back both to make sure everything is snug.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #5
loz944
ninjette.org guru

Name: Laurence

Motorcycle(s): Green 2012 Ninja 250SE and a Yamaha fino scooter (my wife's really)

sounds like a bulb to me number one check if a light dont work is to check the bulb

bulbs can either last for years or last a few weeks so No if its a bulb it will not be covered by the warranty .

Old April 28th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Name: Solon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

I looked at the bulb and it looked fine since the filament was still attached on either end. I took the seat off and checked the connector that leads to the L Rear turn signal and it looked fine. I reconnected them to make sure there wasn't a connection issue either and that didn't work.

UGGHH! I wish it was a blown bulb. Any other ideas?
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #7
loz944
ninjette.org guru

Name: Laurence

Motorcycle(s): Green 2012 Ninja 250SE and a Yamaha fino scooter (my wife's really)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slono View Post
I looked at the bulb and it looked fine since the filament was still attached on either end. I took the seat off and checked the connector that leads to the L Rear turn signal and it looked fine. I reconnected them to make sure there wasn't a connection issue either and that didn't work.

UGGHH! I wish it was a blown bulb. Any other ideas?
Just something you could try is swap the connectors ie left to right that will tell you if the wiring between the connector and indicator are ok if the left rear now works when right indicator is switched you know every thing is ok from connector back.

also found this might help

http://www.mickeywebpages.com/users/...ia_FLASHER.gif

sometimes a bulb can look fine but be blown

Old April 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

Or put a paperclip in the connector for the rear bulb, that should make the front blink but really fast. Then it's either the socket or bulb. Sometimes you can't tell a bulb is blown by looking at it, swap it out or test it with an ohmmeter

Old April 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #9
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

If you didn't move the bulb to another socket, then you haven't ruled out the blown bulb. Not all breaks in the filament are obvious.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote