ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:38 PM   #1
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Green Ninja 250 SE

Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Yay or Nay?

Link to original page on YouTube.

I have been a fan of CoD since the 4th installment in late 2007. Today CoD9 was announced slated for release this November.

For you CoD fans out there: How do you feel about Black Ops II?

Will the future setting be a nice refresh for the series, or will we see the same thing as with the past games?

I have little hope for the increasingly mundane CoD series. I was really hoping we wouldnt get another sequel. I was looking forward to a much needed gamechanger for the series. Sound off here!

ajcadoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM   #2
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Nope. Last decent CoD was MW. The series blows now.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 06:58 PM   #3
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Wow that looks kinda cool… it'll be pretty interesting to see how well they execute the future wars idea.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Treyarch always has been better at COD games. MW3 sucked donkey ****. MW2 and MW were awesome WaW and BO were even better. I'm excited for the new Treyarch game
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

MW3 was OK, I couldn't stand BO, and MW2 was just MW with an even larger incentive to camp due to the way killstreaks got boosted.

I only bothered to finish the campaign in MW. The rest of them just really bored me. Multiplayer is all I really enjoy with FPS anyway. Of course, I don't even really play on anything but my PC now and I've grown tired of the same generic garbage.

Diablo III in 14 days. That is going to be good. I had a friend who participated in the beta and I was able to sample it. Very nice stuff.

Old May 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM   #6
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

As an avid Diablo II player, I can't wait for Diablo III. I also had the beta and can't wait.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 08:23 PM   #7
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

I don't really care to buy it. First Black Ops wasn't that amazing ended up selling after I beat it. Was about to do the same with MW3 but my friend got me playing online. MW was what got me in the series and nothing matched the draw I felt from that one.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:17 PM   #8
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Treyarch always has been better at COD games. MW3 sucked donkey ****. MW2 and MW were awesome WaW and BO were even better. I'm excited for the new Treyarch game
WaW was the worst Cod since the first MW, but I think Treyarch is the superior developer for sure. Infinity Ward is barfffff.

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:22 PM   #9
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
I don't really care to buy it. First Black Ops wasn't that amazing ended up selling after I beat it. Was about to do the same with MW3 but my friend got me playing online. MW was what got me in the series and nothing matched the draw I felt from that one.
MW1 was such a surprise for the FPS that everyone's expectations have been higher since its release.

There has been a steady decline in the quality of the sequels since the forth.

BO2 has to do something new and different to keep this series alive.

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:31 PM   #10
killamuf
ninjette.org member

Name: Avais

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R Special Edition

I have been a COD fan since the first game, I still have have the first two games with expansion packs for the PC. MW was awesome no doubt, but after that I lost faith...I hate running and gunning.

BF3 on the PC is the truth.

Not too excited about Black Ops II

Old May 1st, 2012, 09:41 PM   #11
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcadoo View Post
WaW was the worst Cod since the first MW, but I think Treyarch is the superior developer for sure. Infinity Ward is barfffff.
Are you kidding? Maybe because you didn't like the old style guns, but Waw had the best campaign plus the addition of zombie mode and co-op campaign. But more than that, bodies actually fell apart in this game, it was like a real war. If you blew someone up with a grenade, you would see their hand and foot and dismembered body on the ground. Absolutely stunning graphics and attention to detail. What happens now? Even in BO, bodies just fall to the ground like rag dolls. WaW had the best campaign and overall visuals, BO has the best Multiplayer. That's not to say I didn't like MW2 and MW, they were awesome games and I enjoyed them immensely. But if its a rainy day and the internet is out, I'm going WaW for the campaign. And If I want to tear it up online BO is the only way to go, co-op online multiplayer for the win. And BO was the only game to make the iron sights on guns actually useful. The iron sights in MW2 were retarded, you pretty much had to get a red dot sight if you wanted to see someone at a distance or use the SCAR or AUG, they had the only usable iron sights. BO fixed the iron sight problem.

Anyway my point is, I loved MW WaW MW2 and BO. MW3 sucked ****, but that could also be due to the fact that I'm stuck at home and have nothing else to do. MW3 just wasn't fun.
AFM #676

Old May 1st, 2012, 10:46 PM   #12
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Quote:
Are you kidding? Maybe because you didn't like the old style guns, but Waw had the best campaign plus the addition of zombie mode and co-op campaign. But more than that, bodies actually fell apart in this game, it was like a real war. If you blew someone up with a grenade, you would see their hand and foot and dismembered body on the ground. Absolutely stunning graphics and attention to detail. What happens now? Even in BO, bodies just fall to the ground like rag dolls. WaW had the best campaign and overall visuals, BO has the best Multiplayer. That's not to say I didn't like MW2 and MW, they were awesome games and I enjoyed them immensely. But if its a rainy day and the internet is out, I'm going WaW for the campaign. And If I want to tear it up online BO is the only way to go, co-op online multiplayer for the win. And BO was the only game to make the iron sights on guns actually useful. The iron sights in MW2 were retarded, you pretty much had to get a red dot sight if you wanted to see someone at a distance or use the SCAR or AUG, they had the only usable iron sights. BO fixed the iron sight problem.

Anyway my point is, I loved MW WaW MW2 and BO. MW3 sucked ****, but that could also be due to the fact that I'm stuck at home and have nothing else to do. MW3 just wasn't fun.
I have found that every CoD has a playable multiplayer. Since CoD4, I have prestiged at least one time in each game. WaW had the worst multiplayer of the series IMO. And you are definitely right about the increased gore in WaW. That was something we havent really seen since.

I can see why people dont like MW3, but I have to admit I have prestiged 6 times since getting the game back in November. However, I havent played MW3 for the last month or so because, frankly, its really boring. The CoD series has really lost its luster. :-/

But Black Ops II seems to have potential. We will just have to wait and see for the multiplayer reveal in 4 long months at CoD:XP 2012!

Old May 1st, 2012, 10:47 PM   #13
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Quote:
Originally Posted by killamuf View Post
I have been a COD fan since the first game, I still have have the first two games with expansion packs for the PC. MW was awesome no doubt, but after that I lost faith...I hate running and gunning.

BF3 on the PC is the truth.

Not too excited about Black Ops II
BF3 has some seriously different gameplay. Much slower paced, but fun. I played it for a couple weeks but found it annoying how quickly I kept dying from the enemies Rank 40 weapons...

Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM   #14
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

Name: Jojo

Motorcycle(s): none, cuz i'm a loser.

Will it have zombies? I love me some zombies :3

looks like there might be some GRAW-esque (neverplayed) qualities to this one.
AznJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 04:42 PM   #15
killamuf
ninjette.org member

Name: Avais

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcadoo View Post
BF3 has some seriously different gameplay. Much slower paced, but fun. I played it for a couple weeks but found it annoying how quickly I kept dying from the enemies Rank 40 weapons...
Haha...I can understand the frustration. It is definalty a different game, I hate when people compare BF to COD, they are both different types of FPS. On the PC they have specific servers where you can rank up and noob friendly servers (not calling you a noob or anything).

BF3 on the PC is awesome. Squad play and 64 player servers with large maps, can't beat that experience.

What I am looking forward to is Max Payne 3

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM   #16
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

I enjoyed MW3, 2, and COD4, as well as Black Ops. Hated World at War with a passion.

This should be interesting. I have my nits and picks with everything, and in the end I don't think I will ever have as much fun as I did on COD4.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:18 PM   #17
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moises

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Quote:
agreed i wasted 60 on mw3 just to realize it sucks
xMoises831 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:19 PM   #18
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I wasted $40 on it last week
AFM #676

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:28 PM   #19
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I wasted $40 on it last week
oh that blows

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:32 PM   #20
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I hope black ops 2 is fun, totally revamped multiplayer, which is good because honestly the multiplayers across the games have been pretty similar with regards to weapon mods and perks and all that stuff. If they release a hardened or veteran edition, I'll be sure to get it. The last black ops had all the zombie maps from the previous version included but with new weapons. The zombie mode is one of my favorites.
AFM #676

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM   #21
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I hope black ops 2 is fun, totally revamped multiplayer, which is good because honestly the multiplayers across the games have been pretty similar with regards to weapon mods and perks and all that stuff. If they release a hardened or veteran edition, I'll be sure to get it. The last black ops had all the zombie maps from the previous version included but with new weapons. The zombie mode is one of my favorites.
omg your my long lost white bro do you have an xbox?

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:51 PM   #22
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I don't pay to game online
AFM #676

Old May 2nd, 2012, 07:56 PM   #23
xMoises831
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I don't pay to game online
u suck

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:12 PM   #24
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Haha, I hate paying for Xbox Live, but I'd rather play with friends than strangers. PS3 and Xbox are literally worlds apart in that aspect (I know maybe 1 or 2 people who have PS3's and only PS3's).
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:39 PM   #25
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
I like playing BO in 3D it's awesome
AFM #676

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:56 PM   #26
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznJoJo View Post
Will it have zombies? I love me some zombies :3

looks like there might be some GRAW-esque (neverplayed) qualities to this one.
Yup, Zombies is confirmed in BO2.

Although I thought zombies in Black Ops was MUCH more difficult than WaW zombies. I only played zombies in BO once because of that.

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:59 PM   #27
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
You need some really good strategies in BO but u can play all the waw maps on BO and use the new weapons
AFM #676

Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:13 PM   #28
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Quote:
You need some really good strategies in BO but u can play all the waw maps on BO and use the new weapons
I didnt know that!! are the waw maps the same difficulty as waw? Or is it BO difficulty with WaW maps?

Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM   #29
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

call of duty when poopy after cod 2
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:08 PM   #30
ajcadoo
Towster ['__'`,-,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
call of duty when poopy after cod 2
haha, this is the first time I have heard anyone say something like this. Cod4 was the all-time best CoD game of all time.

Old May 3rd, 2012, 07:12 PM   #31
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

call me bias but modern fps games have all automatic weapons which i find dont take skill. atleast in ww2 based games there where bolt actions which i really enjoyed. when i play battlefield 3 i enjoy using a bolt action sniper with a red dot. u miss or dont hit them in the upper chest you are usually dead.
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2012, 08:39 PM   #32
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Lemon View Post
call me bias but modern fps games have all automatic weapons which i find dont take skill. atleast in ww2 based games there where bolt actions which i really enjoyed. when i play battlefield 3 i enjoy using a bolt action sniper with a red dot. u miss or dont hit them in the upper chest you are usually dead.
FAL
AFM #676