ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old December 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

A Pie Ride! 12/12/08

Every once in awhile, someone posts up a "Pie Ride" on a local motorcycling board. Nothing cryptic about it, we meet up to ride, and end up at a pie place. It's a farm down in Watsonville that makes some pretty incredible pies from local ingredients, including apple and ollalaberry (I'm sure that's misspelled!), named Gizdich Ranch.

And today's ride was fun as always! About 10 riders met at a starbucks, and we were on our way a little before lunchtime. Here's a map of the route:

The group had folks of all different speeds, so I latched on to some of the speedier folks up front. After one of them romped on the gas and we were bending our way into the first few corners, I realized that the cord to the electric clothing didn't let me lean off the right side of the bike as much as I wanted! Felt fine in moderate riding, but was a little limiting at more aggressive lean... I undid the cord at the next intersection; it was already warm enough that the electric heat wasn't really needed anyway. We all got to pie safe and sound, and enjoyed some lunch along with the dessert we came for. The ride after lunch was as fun as the ride prior, and it ended up being 120ish miles for fun mid-day ride.

There was one other Ninjette on the ride, a 1st-generation yellow one named Daisy (the bike, not the rider. ) Here's just two more pics of the group:

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 14th, 2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Bone_Head311
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 09 250 ninja

sounds like a bunch of fun! PIE!

Old December 14th, 2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Some more pics of the day are up right here. Trumper has a pretty impressive camera, as well as the skills to use it... The ride announcement thread itself was up here.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 17th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #4
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Sure! Show me what I am missin! Sheesh! LOL I am so teasing you

Old January 4th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #5
Ananda
Bliss

Name: Keryna

Motorcycle(s): Own: 2001 SV650S Sold: 2007 Ninja 250

a pie ride! my first ever rideout was on New Year's and we rode out to Julian, an area famous for their apple pie. now i realize that what we were actually attempting was a pie ride. unfortunately they were closed for the holiday so we ended up with burgers instead.

still fun tho. but cold....
Ananda is offline   Reply With Quote