ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 12th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #1
skitta
ninjette.org newbie

Name: 'Skitta'

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Honda CBR125; 2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250 ZZR

Ninja officially and legally mine. But, I can't ride!

I purchased a new-to-me 250 Ninja last Friday. On Sunday evening, I had a bad attack of "trigger finger". I have been unable to extend my right index finger since then! Had an ultrasound today and the radiologist believes I should be referred to a plastic surgeon, to straighten the finger. Ouch!

Anyway, the safety was done yesterday. Today I went and changed over ownership and registered the bike in my name. Paid $360+ in taxes on a bike that has already had tax paid on it! Grrrr!

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th in Port Dover. If my finger had been ok, I probably would have headed up there. But, since I haven't ridden this new bike yet, it's probably wiser that I not venture into such a big event.

Oh well. At least I can go outside and look at a shiny new, blue bike and know that it's mine!
skitta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #2
rawbert625
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): the cool ones

wow that sucks! Just gotta be patient.
When I got my back it just sat in my garage for a few weeks because I still had to save up for registration, insurance, and gear.

I hope to see you on the road soon though!
rawbert625 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Skid
troll bait

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250EF

Glad you're being safe and congrats on the new bike.

I think the surgery requires extensive physical therapy after the procedure. I hope things work out for you.
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:00 AM   #4
skitta
ninjette.org newbie

Yes, I'll definitely have to be patient. This situation is out of my hands, no pun intended

Yesterday, I seriously contemplated selling the bike. But, I realize I got a really good deal on it and I really like it. It's all good!

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:21 AM   #5
ninja_thresh_hold
ninjette.org *********

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r (忍者 250r; sold!) 2001 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitta View Post
Yes, I'll definitely have to be patient. This situation is out of my hands, no pun intended

Yesterday, I seriously contemplated selling the bike. But, I realize I got a really good deal on it and I really like it. It's all good!
lol double pun, you are a patient (or at least you will be when you go to the hospital) ;p

Old July 13th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #6
skitta
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja_thresh_hold View Post
lol double pun, you are a patient (or at least you will be when you go to the hospital) ;p
So witty! lolololol

Old July 13th, 2012, 06:44 AM   #7
tsdexter
ninjette.org member

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R - Kawi Green

Quote:
I purchased a new-to-me 250 Ninja last Friday. On Sunday evening, I had a bad attack of "trigger finger". I have been unable to extend my right index finger since then! Had an ultrasound today and the radiologist believes I should be referred to a plastic surgeon, to straighten the finger. Ouch!

Anyway, the safety was done yesterday. Today I went and changed over ownership and registered the bike in my name. Paid $360+ in taxes on a bike that has already had tax paid on it! Grrrr!

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th in Port Dover. If my finger had been ok, I probably would have headed up there. But, since I haven't ridden this new bike yet, it's probably wiser that I not venture into such a big event.

Oh well. At least I can go outside and look at a shiny new, blue bike and know that it's mine!
Congrats on the bike. Whereabouts are you in Ontario? There's not many of us on here from what I can tell.

Similar thing happened to me, bought mine (first bike) on June 26th and it's been sitting in my garage ever since (minus about 5-10km of riding around my subdivision that is riddled with speed bumps (read: not very fast)).

I can't get the safety without new tires and I've had the worst of luck getting tires but I've finally found the last set of Sport Demons in Canada, or so it seems, and they're shipping today! Should be riding on a real road by Monday afternoon
tsdexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #8
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Quote:
...Tomorrow is Friday the 13th in Port Dover....
Pretty sure it's friday the 13th here too?
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 13th, 2012, 12:17 PM   #9
tsdexter
ninjette.org member

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R - Kawi Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by broilmebk View Post
Pretty sure it's friday the 13th here too?
'Friday the 13th' is an event in Port Dover, Ontario. Every Friday the 13th over 10,000 riders from all over Ontario (and north america) congregate there for some good times/riding.

There is 3 of them this season

http://www.pd13.com/

Live stream
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/main-street-port-dover

Last futzed with by tsdexter; July 13th, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
tsdexter is offline   Reply With Quote