ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 27th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #1
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mason

Motorcycle(s): 12 250r (sold), 2014 ZX6R

Paintballing

Im sure that most people have gone paintballing atleast once. Humor us with your tales of how intense it was or something stupid that has happened! I know I like hearing how peoples first time at a field goes.

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:16 AM   #2
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

I got hit pretty early in the game. While walking away, I got hit in back of the head. That hurt! Hit me right where I had zero protection.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this was done by my 10yr old cousin.
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #3
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Took a friend out paintballing for his first time before he took off to Reno for college and naturally, the first shot he ever took was a crotch shot. Absolutely hilarious! Dropped to his side in the fetal position in the middle of the field.

Had another friend a couple years prior to the previous event who was using a standard helmet (I use a full coverage helmet, most only go up to the top of your face) and positioned his head low to block the oncoming light as it was getting late in the day. The glare made it impossible for him to see well and he took a shot square in the middle of his head. He fell back in a daze.

Another time at the same field, a man was having his bachelor party with about a dozen or so of his friends. His friends came over to my group and told us what was going on and the plan was after the game, that EVERYONE on the field just completely light him up. I've never seen a pair of woodland camo fatigues turn bright orange, white, and pink so quickly in my life! The man ran for his life to get out of the firing area. He later lifted up his shirt to the sight of smallpox lol.

As a final note, it's HILARIOUS to take on a group of newbies that have rental guns if you have a fully automatic marker. Just let it rain on them! They will not get up and fire back at you leaving you 100% free to advance on them, turn the corner and light them up.

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #4
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

I do The USMA Combat Classic every year, is brutal, anything else is child's play compared to that. Brutal mountain, artillery simulators waking you up 0600, amazing scenarios put together with real tactical knowledge by the west point cadets, real machine guns firing over you( with blanks of course) and up to 2000 players in the field. Our team, Black Widow Company, has won MVT twice now and we plan to keep doing so in subsequent years. Last year we really felt like we were in black hawk down, a player injured himself during the final battle and we had to be the de facto extract team, so we were being shot at from all angles, while trying to splint this dude's leg and get him down a steep hill, it felt really weird but awesome at the same time.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #5
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
As a final note, it's HILARIOUS to take on a group of newbies that have rental guns if you have a fully automatic marker. Just let it rain on them! They will not get up and fire back at you leaving you 100% free to advance on them, turn the corner and light them up.
and this is why people hate paintball... Yes I could run around the corner and rip up the new players instead I shoot out the experiences buddies I always play with then let some new kid shoot me out to make their day.

Who needs fully auto anyway? Don't know how to run a trigger?

Old July 27th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberusrex25 View Post
I do The USMA Combat Classic every year, is brutal, anything else is child's play compared to that. Brutal mountain, artillery simulators waking you up 0600, amazing scenarios put together with real tactical knowledge by the west point cadets, real machine guns firing over you( with blanks of course) and up to 2000 players in the field. Our team, Black Widow Company, has won MVT twice now and we plan to keep doing so in subsequent years. Last year we really felt like we were in black hawk down, a player injured himself during the final battle and we had to be the de facto extract team, so we were being shot at from all angles, while trying to splint this dude's leg and get him down a steep hill, it felt really weird but awesome at the same time.
Im heading to castle conquest with my local team this year should have 3000 some players from what I understand.

Dday Oklahoma sounds like the most intense event that I know of.

Ill stick with my Xball events though!

Old July 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #7
xSean13
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

I went with my step-brother when we were 13 or so and we were up against this guy in full military fatigues and a very expensive gun with a rapid fire trigger. We got obliterated (wooded area course with forts, etc)...I got hit in the knee and that hurt like crap.

We then played in a more open course out in a field with typical obstacles. I shot some fat kid in the head from about 100 yards away. Then it was me 1v1 with this other guy -- I was stuck in this obstacle that looked like a + the guy comes yelling "surrender!" and I blast him in the nuts. Victory.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #8
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Reading these make me want to go paintballing so bad!
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #9
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptdoughnut View Post
and this is why people hate paintball... Yes I could run around the corner and rip up the new players instead I shoot out the experiences buddies I always play with then let some new kid shoot me out to make their day.

Who needs fully auto anyway? Don't know how to run a trigger?
Unfortunately the field that I play at is pretty hit or miss regarding the daily turn out for players, and it's a long drive to get there so once you get there, better to stay and wait out the day for players rather than to go home. The experience of the said players varies too and with everyone wearing the same dang rental fatigues it gets hard to tell who is who out there so pretty much anyone is fair game. You can just tell the new guys apart from the more experienced after you round the bend of the cover by their reactions. New guys tend to be ducking in cover while the experienced guys know the play and are already aiming your direction waiting for you.

My gun unfortunately doesn't have the option for single shot or a good dual or rocking trigger. I only have 2 types of ramping and 2 types of full auto. If I had a gun with a better capability for trigger running then I'd totally be game! You can fire off way more shots than a typical full auto which would make the game even MORE fun!

What type of marker do ya have? I'm running right now with a BT-Delta, no Angel or Autococker or anything, but I love it nonetheless!

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #10
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
I went with my step-brother when we were 13 or so and we were up against this guy in full military fatigues and a very expensive gun with a rapid fire trigger.
Let me guess it had a scope and a whole bunch of attatchments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSean13 View Post
the guy comes yelling "surrender!" and I blast him in the nuts. Victory.
Awesome, he probably learned his lesson about surrendering people when he himself had no cover.

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:27 PM   #11
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
What type of marker do ya have? I'm running right now with a BT-Delta, no Angel or Autococker or anything, but I love it nonetheless!
Im running Two ego11's (regal and hard candy)
Geo2.1 (thistle)

My old NT is collecting dust unfortunatley

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #12
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Pretty nice! Never heard of those, looked at a quick couple of videos on them. Ever tried an Invert Mini? Friend of mine used to beast it out with his Mini.

Unfortunately never got into the styling of conventional paintball guns... I've always been a huge Mil-Sim fan when it comes to looks.

Old July 27th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #13
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Milsim is the most common type of paintball gun. I picked up an invert mini once it wasnt good at all. Aesthetically too it just felt odd in my hands.

I was a very sheltered paintball player I didn't meddle around with many mid range guns. The team that picked me up showed me the tournament level stuff.

Old July 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #14
cerberusrex25
Accesories Guru

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '99 EX250(Cafe/fighter project)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptdoughnut View Post
Im heading to castle conquest with my local team this year should have 3000 some players from what I understand.

Dday Oklahoma sounds like the most intense event that I know of.

Ill stick with my Xball events though!
I have wet dreams about oklahoma D day. One day I will head up there and play to my hearts content, meanwhile I have to save my pennies.
cerberusrex25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 05:40 PM   #15
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

We went to a woods setup for my first time. I actually went out and got a Tippman M98 for the first time. I upgraded the barrel to a rifled barrel. Hit the field and got shot up the first round. After that I did what I do best, ran away from the fight and set up as a sniper. My goal was to cover the flag, and I did just that. We had 5 guys left and they were out. Nobody saw me. One round I was the last guy standing, I picked off every guy on their team to win it. lol Now the open course was a different story, still I was as far back as I could go laying down cover fire.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #16
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

I used to do the whole X-ball thing in the MXL league. It was a blast while the good times lasted.

Now I'll head down to visit my friend's at the home field, rent a Tippmann and run around the woods like a maniac for a few hours. Someone said it's fun to blast on newbies with rentals using high-end guns. I find it exciting to destroy scrubs who think they're hot **** using high-end gear, with a rental Tippmann. As many high-end guns as I've owned and used, the beat up rental Tippmann is my absolute favorite. They'll always fire a paintball every single time you pull the trigger and you don't need to give them a care in the world. All my other equipment...well...not so much. Batteries, lube, o-rings, detents, wires, UGH!

One of the dumbest things that happened on the field was when I got bunkered in the nuts by my good friend. I was playing snake and he ran through on me and like a dumb-ass I rolled over, completely exposing the one area you DO NOT want to be shot in (well, besides your eyes). I made it off the field, felt okay until I crossed the netting, then hurled with my mask still on.

All the dumb **** off the field with the people I played with...oh boy....too much!
dirty nasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #17
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I loved mine, sold it to someone who had a full auto setup and wanted a reliable single shooter.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #18
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
My brother used to drive around when he was a teenager with his friends and shoot bikers with paintballs
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #19
Mbomb
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): Ex-250r

i nailed my dad in the face. he had a paint streak in his hair for a day.
Mbomb is offline   Reply With Quote