ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old August 7th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Lou
ninjette.org member

Name: LOU

Motorcycle(s): GreenSE 09 250R

Wix Air Filter

Recently purchased and installed, thought i would put some pics up of the filter.

The wiki here says its "standard foam filter on par with the stock OEM filter" but after checking it out it looks like a dual stage foam filter. Not sure it that's better or if it's just the same, price was good though. Hoping someone with more knowledge can chime in Thnx.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAGE_182.jpg (49.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMAGE_183.jpg (42.2 KB, 11 views)

Last futzed with by Lou; September 26th, 2012 at 07:51 PM. Reason: typo
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM   #2
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Definitely looks like a dual stage foam filter. Wix teamed up with No-Toil some years ago to produce dual stage foam filters for motorcycles, dirt bikes and ATVs. I was unaware though that this included a product for our 250 until now.

It should work just fine. Just make sure you use the proper filter oil and apply it correctly. Looks like the Wiki should be updated on this find.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 8th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #3
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

The Wix website does not list the filter as a Dual stage filter nor is the filter listed in the No-Toil catalog. The Wix filter was added to the wiki after searching for air filters for the 2008+ Ninja 250, so it is possible that Wix/No-Toil has recently made changes to the line up since 2009, when Wix and No-Toil teamed up.

However there is an important piece of info that should be noted as well. In mid-late 2011 WIX partnered with Filtration Control the mother company of Pipercross Air filters (makers of the 3 layer filter). Filtration Control is recognized as the worlds largest foam air filter manufacturer. While the motorsport arm of FCL – Pipercross continues to stand out from the rest in the aftermarket and motorsport sector recently becoming the most used filter in the BTCC and BSB, winning numerous other championships with teams in other series. WIX brand is now expanding throughout the UK.

So could WIX and Pipercross join forces? It's possible.

If you do not have the No-Toil brand filter oil and cleaner, you can use Maxima Fab1 & Maxima Air Filter Cleaner. Both work great. I use them both on my Pipercross Filter.

Note; If using Maxima, only use it on one side of the the filter (thinner white side), use thin coat, let dry for a minute or 2 before re-installing.
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 10th, 2012, 10:47 PM   #4
Lou
ninjette.org member

Great info thnx!

Impression

-Bike starts up much easier after being left in the sun (no gas cap mod)
-I’d also like to think the throttle feels a bit better too smoother.

Old August 12th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #5
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Just thought I'd provide an update. I've confirmed with Wix that these filters come from No-Toil and are then sold under the Wix brand packaging.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Madman44
ninjette.org guru

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Great info thnx!

Impression

-Bike starts up much easier after being left in the sun (no gas cap mod)
-I’d also like to think the throttle feels a bit better too smoother.
Lou, did you have to rejet or shim after installation?
Madman44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Lou
ninjette.org member

Nope didn’t do anything but switch the filter out. Personally felt like it was worth the extra 10 bucks for a new filter, bike feels spunkier and starts easier when left in the sun.

Old February 19th, 2014, 09:52 AM   #8
mataleo
ninjette.org member

Name: Krystian

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Recently purchased and installed, thought i would put some pics up of the filter.

The wiki here says its "standard foam filter on par with the stock OEM filter" but after checking it out it looks like a dual stage foam filter. Not sure it that's better or if it's just the same, price was good though. Hoping someone with more knowledge can chime in Thnx.
looks pretty standard

i went with DNA was good price

http://www.dnafilters.com/en/compone...13%27&catid=65