ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #1
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Rear view camera for your 2fiddy

Rearview camera for 250 Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product Description
Beware of bandits coming up fast behind you! Tired of looking at your elbows? Always wondering what's behind you? Take the anxiety out of learning to ride by installing a Ninja Fighter integrated rear view camera system with heads-up display to augment your factory mirrors. Now you can easily see what is behind you with a quick glance in the rear-view display without taking your eyes off of whats ahead of you. Improve your awareness and safety so you can ride with confidence. With confidence comes mastery. Our sleek, easy-to-install, integrated rear-view camera and heads-up display system can help whether you are a beginner rider or an experienced racer. In addition, our custom integrated racing canopy not only improves riding comfort but also provide the perfect placement for the hi-res rear display with digital distance markers. Are you ready to take your Ninja Fighter to the streets? Don't forget to Watch Your Six!

I've been toying with the idea of adding a rear view camera to my bike, but left it. Then today I find this. TOO expensive for me, but seems quiet interesting. It seems to have been made for the 250.

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
If only there was a mod that did this for way cheaper. Oh ****! There is! It's called mirrors! AND HOLY ****, THEY ARE FREE TOO!? Damn! Hide yo kids Hide yo wife!
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:32 PM   #3
psych0hans

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
If only there was a mod that did this for way cheaper. Oh ****! There is! It's called mirrors! AND HOLY ****, THEY ARE FREE TOO!? Damn! Hide yo kids Hide yo wife!
And when you come visiting Jiggy, I'll hide my cow too

p.s. yeah, that is way TOO expensive, especially when you can get chinese knock offs for 55$ lol.

Old October 6th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
My rearview is better

Link to original page on YouTube.

AFM #676

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Have you seen the rear view helmet? Was actually quite cool when I tried it at the last show. No substitute of course but only took a second to get used to it.
http://www.reevu.com/motorsports/what-you-see/
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #6
psych0hans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehorse View Post
Have you seen the rear view helmet? Was actually quite cool when I tried it at the last show. No substitute of course but only took a second to get used to it.
http://www.reevu.com/motorsports/what-you-see/
Actually, that's exactly where I got my inspiration for looking for this. My ideal setup would be a wireless rear view camera transmitting to my iphone. No such thing exists, unfortunately.

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #7
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by psych0hans View Post
Actually, that's exactly where I got my inspiration for looking for this. My ideal setup would be a wireless rear view camera transmitting to my iphone. No such thing exists, unfortunately.
some cheapo rearview camera kits you can buy for a DIY approach:

http://dx.com/s/rearview+camera

Also, there's no way to connect a webcam to an iphone and view things with some kind of app?
Monkeytofu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #8
psych0hans

No, not without using some sort of server in the middle. The only external cameras available for the iPhone are http://www.amazon.com/Looxcie-LX2-We.../dp/B0055QYIY8

Old October 6th, 2012, 11:22 PM   #9
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

GoPro+WiFi BacPac and a few of the Contour models have "cell-phone linked viewfinders." Probably costs quite a bit more, though -- and the battery life is not quite ideal!
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM   #10
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

for the phone video you would need something like this, I know there is several out there just didnt seem to find them at the moment. Bluetooth transmitter in camera streaming live to phone.

On the other hand it would probably be very easy, maybe 30mins, and inexpensive, under $100, to use something like this.

Both options are do-able, and I cant believe I'm about to say this, Jiggles makes a good point you already have mirrors. . .
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #11
Soujyu
ninjette.org sage

Name: W

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (sold), 2012 Tuono V4R

Sometimes mirrors can't be adjusted to properly look behind you, especially if you're fully tucked in behind the windscreen.
Soujyu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2012, 04:05 PM   #12
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soujyu View Post
Sometimes mirrors can't be adjusted to properly look behind you, especially if you're fully tucked in behind the windscreen.
Good point, better put a rear view cam in your windscreen... But then you will need another cam to see in front of you hmmmm
AFM #676