ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #1
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

Name: Angelo

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r, black, carbon fiber full exhaust...2000 toyota 4runner

oops...

my friend dropped his bike last week i just saw it in his garage, he says from a standstill at a red light. he has been trying to polish the scratches out but it looks as if it almost went through the clear coat... he also cracked the fiaring by his right front turn signal... i said idk what to do what should i tell him ... ( its a small crack that goes around the turn signal, and the scratches are barely noticeable from afar but really noticablke up close, he wants them gone what should he do?
ajaygraci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #2
kkim

if he wants them completely gone forever... buy a new fairing and don't drop it again.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #3
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r, black, carbon fiber full exhaust...2000 toyota 4runner

kim he wants to fix it he told me...hes 19 n has no money lol

i was thinking he could glue the fairing crack around the thing so it just looks like a scratch ? or at least flush n not a big indent on crack... how bout those scratches ( its only the very bottm of the bike on the side

Old March 10th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #4
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Tell him...

Scratches are like scars... they each tell a story and you look more manly for having them... *Though this is not so wise of a saying for us girls because that would be just girly*

Old March 10th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #5
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

hes worried about resale, it was a new 2008 and he was good driver... now im afraid im gunna drop my bike... theres really no cheap way to get out the scratches??? what about the crack ?

Old March 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM   #6
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

He selling right away? If not, don't worry about it. Chances are it will be dropped again or scratched, dinged and otherwise 'injured'. I doubt anyone is going to hold it against him.

I know of no way, with the exception of replacing the offending parts, to cheaply get out the scratches.

Old March 10th, 2009, 01:00 PM   #7
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Short of replacing the fairing buffing out the scratches is the only cosmetic thing he can do.

The other thing I would do is go to Hobby Lobby (or local hobby store that sells RC Aircraft kits and parts) and get some 30 min epoxy and 1-2" fiberglass tape. Use this on the inside of the fairing overlapping the crack and going an inch or two beyond the ends of the crack to keep it from growing.

Old March 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM   #8
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

^ ill tell him that oldguy

Old March 10th, 2009, 01:39 PM   #9
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Hey Angelo - how's that NJ chicken tasting this week?

Old March 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM   #10
hogfan83
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygraci View Post
my friend dropped his bike last week i just saw it in his garage, he says from a standstill at a red light. he has been trying to polish the scratches out but it looks as if it almost went through the clear coat... he also cracked the fiaring by his right front turn signal... i said idk what to do what should i tell him ... ( its a small crack that goes around the turn signal, and the scratches are barely noticeable from afar but really noticablke up close, he wants them gone what should he do?
he may be able to cover the crackup with large flush mount turn signals. it just depends on how bad the crack is

Old March 10th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #11
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

You should be able to get this stuff in the states too but I'm using it to repair some cracks on my 06 right now - called Plastex - great stuff so far and leaves it rock solid so you can leave it or sand it/paint it.

http://www.plastex.ca/

But have you guys tried a scratch remover kit? It'll work better than just polishing cause I think they blend in the clearcoat from its surroundings. The next step is just alot of elbow grease... good luck with that.
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM   #12
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

thanks nemy...i think im jus gunna get him to go to library and look at this thread, some good info on here... that plastex stuff looks good he could just put it on the back of the fairing crack, then justride like that with the 2 sides of crack flush wish eachother so barely visable.

Old March 12th, 2009, 05:17 PM   #13
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

hey he wants to put on flush mount turn signals to hide crack.. where to buy them ?? bigger the better

Old March 12th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #14
hogfan83
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan83 View Post
he may be able to cover the crackup with large flush mount turn signals. it just depends on how bad the crack is
woohoo i got one! theres a thread on flush mounts around here somewhere...i remember the bigger ones being on a blue bike

EDIT: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12454

Old March 13th, 2009, 06:06 AM   #15
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan83 View Post
woohoo i got one! theres a thread on flush mounts around here somewhere...i remember the bigger ones being on a blue bike

EDIT: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12454
thanks man your a big help

Old March 16th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #16
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

http://www.d2moto.com/Items/LTS027-Smoke-k#null

gettin these 4 him.. im getin them 2

Old March 24th, 2009, 07:49 AM   #17
ajaygraci
ninjette.org member

how about that touch up paint pen? color rite? does this paint have a clear coat?? where do u buy fairings for 200?? sounds cheap?

this stuff http://www.colorrite.com/product/kaw...70.cfm#reviews