ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old April 28th, 2009, 10:52 AM   #1
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Post count vs. exam correlation

So I noticed something the other night while I was attempting not to study for college finals. I noticed that as exams get nearer, my time on this forum and my post count increase exponentially. Now I think there is a positive correlation here. My bikes at home and I'm in school many a mile away so i cant go out on a joy ride to take my mind off of International Finance or Intermediate Micro economic Analysis. I find just reading and posting on various threads keeps me from going crazy...yet it seems like I could be on here for hours and not even notice it. Anyone else in school notice they post/read more on this forum when they have many exams looming close by?

Thank you Alex for creating a space where I can relax,unwind, and think about the more important things in life(my 250r) and keep me from going insane
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #2
Realirony
That New Kid

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja250R

I am not in college at the moment (took a year off to do some travel and work to help with the onslaught of loans I have)While I'm at work (like right now) I notice that I surf this site alot when my mind is working too hard and I feel physically tired, I do alot of math here at work and it slowly drive s me nuts. So when I come on here, I look at all the nice bikes and daydream about mods I want to do or about rides I want to take. It's def a great escape from things that drive me up the wall. All of my ninjette posts are done at work. I never post from home...strange >_O

Old April 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Flashmonkey
Professional belly dancer

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 1992 GSX-R 750

LOL yea back in university I used to post whore on the rx-7 forums during exam time as well.....and instead of doing my projects I'd be out taking pictures of my car. What you're feeling is normal and you should cherish every moment of it! *sigh*
Flashmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 11:26 AM   #4
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
So I noticed something the other night while I was attempting not to study for college finals. I noticed that as exams get nearer, my time on this forum and my post count increase exponentially. Now I think there is a positive correlation here. My bikes at home and I'm in school many a mile away so i cant go out on a joy ride to take my mind off of International Finance or Intermediate Micro economic Analysis. I find just reading and posting on various threads keeps me from going crazy...yet it seems like I could be on here for hours and not even notice it. Anyone else in school notice they post/read more on this forum when they have many exams looming close by?

Thank you Alex for creating a space where I can relax,unwind, and think about the more important things in life(my 250r) and keep me from going insane
you have too much time on ur hands.
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #5
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Hmm I don't think its too much time between taking 6 classes and working 25+ hours a week and still possibly pulling a 4.0 this semester while looking at law schools. I like to think of it as spending my time in a more productive and usefull way
Posted via Mobile Device
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #6
camaroz1985
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Wait until you get the grades, then you will see an exponential curve the opposite way

If you really want to see this curve you should have seen my GPA vs. Time spent working on Formula SAE car in college. It was exactly that way. Also toward the end of spring semester (when the car needed to be finished) my attendance plummeted as well. My senior year we had an unvieling of the car to all our sponsors, professors, family, etc. I didn't go to class, or to my apartment the entire week prior to the event.

You just have to know your priorities I guess (Mine really wasn't class. I just went to school so I could build race cars )
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 12:59 PM   #7
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
I often find myself loosing track of time while I'm here as well.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 01:33 PM   #8
250Rocket
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Same here. Forums and studying for tests. Although because i have a week until my next final i got in a 100km ride (under 60kph for break in)
250Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 28th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #9
kkim

I should be able to ace any exam then!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote