ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 > 2013 - 2017 Ninja 300 Tech Talk

Old September 23rd, 2014, 02:14 PM   #1
Manimal
ninjette.org member

Name: Daren

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 SE

Ninja 300 Brake Pads and SS Line

Hey all,

I know this has been discussed, but upon an immediate search, no luck.

Any case, I'm bringing my 300 in for some service this weekend, and while it's there, I want to upgrade the pads, and add an SS line. However, upon my inquiry to my local shop, an SS line does not exist for the 300, according to a Galfer rep..... that's odd. As for the pads, I requested Sintered HH pads, once again, his reply is sintered are available, but no HH listing.

I would appreciate some immediate insight so I can inform him of any specific model number, and manufacturer.

In advance, Thanks!
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2014, 02:17 PM   #2
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
They have no idea what they're taking about. If you have a regular non-abs 300, it's the exact same brake lines as the 250. Both galfer and spiegler have since come out with brake kits for the abs bike as well. Also exact same brake pads as the 250.

Old September 23rd, 2014, 02:25 PM   #3
Manimal
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
They have no idea what they're taking about. If you have a regular non-abs 300, it's the exact same brake lines as the 250. Both galfer and spiegler have since come out with brake kits for the abs bike as well. Also exact same brake pads as the 250.
Thanks Rebecca!

Old September 25th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #4
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Is it just me or do the 300 brakes lock up easily. Especially the back one. Would better pads fix that? I don't even brake that hard, my 250 stopped fine and I never once locked them.

Old September 25th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #5
Flying
ninjette.org sage

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Less braking force is needed to lock the rear brakes/tire because the bike's momentum is being transferred to the front when decelerating. It's the same for any bike.
Flying is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #6
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
Is it just me or do the 300 brakes lock up easily. Especially the back one. Would better pads fix that? I don't even brake that hard, my 250 stopped fine and I never once locked them.
Better brakes would make it lock up even easier since they would provide more braking force...

Old September 25th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #7
tfkrocks
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Quote:
The stock brake pads of the 300 are actually not as good as the ones on the 250 and they should be not braking as hard...

One solution for preventing rear brake lock-up is putting organic pads in the rear because they don't brake as hard. Let me know if you want a set cuz I have some extra sets I will never use lol. Oh and if you do want some better brake pads for the front, I have a set of used Vesrah pads that still have a lot of life left

Old September 25th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #8
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
The stock brake pads of the 300 are actually not as good as the ones on the 250 and they should be not braking as hard...

One solution for preventing rear brake lock-up is putting organic pads in the rear because they don't brake as hard. Let me know if you want a set cuz I have some extra sets I will never use lol. Oh and if you do want some better brake pads for the front, I have a set of used Vesrah pads that still have a lot of life left
Thanks, I'll probably hold off for now, I just need to get more used to the new braking of this bike.

It's just strange how I never once locked up any of my brakes on my other bikes, but I've locked up my 300's back brake like 2 times now already.

Old September 27th, 2014, 05:02 PM   #9
MirinNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

If the shop isn't being helpful I would just buy them myself on ebay and install it, especially the pads. They take all of 5 minutes to install. Brake lines are a little trickier but is still very easy.
MirinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #10
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:

No problems here. I love the 300s rear!

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2014, 06:41 AM   #11
Manimal
ninjette.org member

the 300 is a bit happier now. Sintered pads and SS line installed (front only). Thanks, Rebecca!