ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 17th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #1
Guilty
ninjette.org member

Name: Sam

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r, 2009 Yamaha C3

Stripped HEX bolt on rear caliper bracket

I have seen in other threads with the same issue as I have. stripped hex bolt...

I have come to find that I have it with both one with the hunger pin as well as the pin to attach it to the frame. They use a different size bolt 5mm for the caliper pin and it seems to be a 6mm for the assembly.

I have ordered the pin which is readily available, but I need to know what part number I need for the other bolt. I can probably work with what is left, but I would rather play it safe and change both while I have the bike on stands.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2015, 09:05 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Welcome, Sam !!!

I believe that you are talking about the rear caliper.
Take a look at this:

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/k...5d5/rear-brake

http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/#/l...ex250j8f-parts
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2015, 01:08 AM   #3
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Man, that's just rotten luck. On mine, the goober of a previous owner used a little JB Weld as a threadlocker for those bolts. Wasn't fun getting that off.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 22nd, 2015, 04:02 PM   #4
Guilty
ninjette.org member

Things happen, I'm not going to get upset, it's just a way to learn the bike a bit more. Although, I found Amazon wasn't the best place to get this part since even though the part number starts with 62903, it isn't the same with all of the sub-part numbers with the 4 extra digits. Going to order the corect one from BikeBandit.

The one I am having the most problems is with this that goes through the caliper needs the most attention. I am going to try to hammer in a similar size torx bit and JB Weld the bit and get some penetrating oil in hopes of it working.

I also want to address the other pin that goes through the assembly and the body itself but I cannot find what part it number is.

The reason I am getting this is because there is an annoying squeaking sound when I go over 10mph and I am hoping a new pad will fix the problem. Could it be the rotor by any chance?

Old September 29th, 2015, 09:45 AM   #5
Guilty
ninjette.org member

Fixed. Went by Harbor Freight and got a $10 screw extractor kit. Ended up finding that I will need to replace the other screw now... At least it's easy enough to remove it, and was exceptionally easy.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 29th, 2015, 03:26 PM   #6
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Fixed...........
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 4th, 2017, 04:45 PM   #7
immanjil
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Manjil

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Finally Resolved

Went thru a lot of threads...
It was easy after getting the screw extractor..

Used the following from Harbor freight, it has 5 different sizes and is cheap which was the reason I tried it and it worked.

http://www.harborfreight.com/screw-e...-pc-61981.html
immanjil is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 4th, 2017, 05:13 PM   #8
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Too bad they don't supply left hand helix drill bits in the kit. Sometimes using one of those to drill the hole actually removes the broken bolt and saves you a step.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.