Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old September 16th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #1
Ken
"Is that the Ninjer 1000?

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Quarter Liter Kawi

Route 33 Los Padres National Forest.

Link to original page on Vimeo.

Last futzed with by Ken; September 17th, 2009 at 07:56 AM.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 18th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I <3 33!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

Thank you, Ken! I thoroughly enjoyed the 43 minutes of calm, cool and relaxed ride.
Anthony_marr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2009, 06:11 AM   #4
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

What camera did you use?
rockNroll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2009, 07:40 AM   #5
SlowCheetah
ninjette.org member

Name: Art

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250 SE

Thumbs up

Damn Ken your haulin ass through those corners, can't wait 'till Sunday's ride .
SlowCheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #6
Ken

Rock: It's a Fujifilm FinePix F20 6.3MP.

Art: I was slooooow, especially towards the end because I was really tired. But yeah I'm excited for Sunday. Check out the thread again. I changed up the route slightly. I've watched my vid a few times already to remember the curves better and staring at google maps for Cerro Noroeste. It's going to be fun.

Old September 30th, 2009, 09:49 AM   #7
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZZR 250; 1996 Suzuki Katana GSXF 600; 80s Yamaha 650 Special; 70s Kawasaki 350 Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Rock: It's a Fujifilm FinePix F20 6.3MP.

Art: I was slooooow, especially towards the end because I was really tired. But yeah I'm excited for Sunday. Check out the thread again. I changed up the route slightly. I've watched my vid a few times already to remember the curves better and staring at google maps for Cerro Noroeste. It's going to be fun.
Hi Ken,

Your vid has excellent resolution. I wouldn't have guessed it was from a still camera. I like it so much, partly due to its vid quality, but also due to its respectable and responsible ambiance (as opposed to those I posted in the thread "What is a squid? - noob", that I've embedded in my site www.myspace.com/AnthonyMarr. I hope it is okay with you. If not, just let me know and I'll remove it.

Good riding!

Anthony

Old September 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #8
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Cerro Noroeste is one of my favorite roads of all time. Wish I could hit it more often than I do...

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:12 AM   #9
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Cerro Noroeste is one of my favorite roads of all time. Wish I could hit it more often than I do...
Is Cerro Noroeste the route that Ken rode? If not, I want to try both.

If you haven't tried the Sea-to-Sky Highway ("S2S") here in Vancouver, BC, it would be prime to include in your future roster of must-rides. 1.5 hours' worth of up-cliff/down-cliff twisties. It will be very busy in Feb. 2010 due to the Winter Olympics, but come spring or summer, will be fluent and in new condition. I haven't ridden it since its major renovation for the Olympics, but previously, it was called "The most dangerous highway in N. America". Even if this were an overstatement, it will prove tremendous fun, guaranteed.

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Ken's route came close to it, but if he followed the map he posted, he made a left at Lockwood to head southwest, if you head to the right there instead it takes you to Cuddy Valley road which eventually meets Cerro Noreoeste, which is more straight west, and maybe even slightly northwest.

Old September 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #11
Ken

Anthony: No problem with using the vid. I didn't realize you weren't being sarcastic about my video, since everyone are more interested in people going 100mph in the canyons.

Alex: Do you remember how fast you were going through the twisties on Cerro Neroeste?

Old September 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #12
Alex
ninjette.org dude

I always take that road at a, umm, brisk pace. Speeds vary as the corners vary, but it is one of those rare and wonderful roads that combines great corners with great visibility, along with being out in the middle of nowhere. A good portion of the road can "hypothetically" be enjoyed at pretty elevated speeds.

Old September 30th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #13
Ken

I hope it's better than Lockwood because it was really filthy with running water in the curves, rocks, the whole works...also there was no guardrails at certain points I slowed down to like 25mph or so to take it easy (riding by myself so there's no way to call for help up there).

I don't plan on riding off the road but riding on a road without guardrails really affects my riding knowing there's nothing to keep me on the road in case I start sliding due to debris, sand, running water, etc.

Old September 30th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #14
Anthony_marr
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Anthony: No problem with using the vid. I didn't realize you weren't being sarcastic about my video, since everyone are more interested in people going 100mph in the canyons.
Ken, sarcasm and I don't agree. Your riding is the antithesis of a squid's - without being boring. And your competence is obvious. We need a good image, and you are it, brother!

Anthony