Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Gear-related

Old October 22nd, 2011, 03:39 AM   #1
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Teiz Leather Racing Suit - $299 new

If you haven't signed up for MotorcycleGroupBuys.com, I recommend you do. Decent quality stuff in arranged group buys. This week's group buy is a Teiz Leather Racing Suit (value $1000) for $299. Comes with Teiz gloves, too. Not the best suit out there, but probably the best one out there for less than $600.

For those of you not familiar with Teiz, they own factories to manufacture motorcycle gear for major manufacturers, but also do their own stuff. Teiz's owner (a nice guy from San Francisco) designs their stuff with input from riders and tries to beat the quality of the stuff he makes for the manufacturers.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:39 PM   #2
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
for people that need a suit and can save money by getting this one.

Old October 24th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #3
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

I'm semi-interested in this but can't seem to find any info on it on the manufactuers website or a quick Google search. Anyone know of any reviews for this suit?
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i want to buy it... but waiting 20 days for the gb to finish plus 2 months for it to arrive is kinda a drag...

also kinda worried that it says 0 of 15 people have bought one

Old October 25th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #5
dk58
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 10 Ninja 250R

I'm sharing the same concerns. Not sure if it's even legit
dk58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2011, 02:47 PM   #6
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
If you have concerns but are potentially interested, talk to Teiz. Teiz and Motorcycle Group Buys are the same company -- they put out great quality product and are absolutely legit. More importantly, Teiz customer service is fantastic. Just throw an email at them and ask. Their owner is a cool guy.

The suit itself isn't part of Teiz' normal lineup - I'm not sure where they've sourced it, but I have a guess -- Teiz has two parts of their business, their personal line and their contract work for other manufacturers. I suspect this suit is offered by agreement with another manufacturer and similar to what the Teiz factory is putting out for them. Just a guess. Other option, since Teiz owns the factories, is that this is a first run of a new product by Teiz, and if that is the case, that would be super exciting. That would make sense with the long wait time after order -- sounds like this factory run is specifically to order.

Regardless, I do know that Teiz wouldn't put their name on it if it wasn't good quality. Seriously, though, put out an email to them if you have questions. You'll probably like the response you get.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #7
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

I don't know anything about the leather racing suit in particular, but I can vouch for Teiz as a company. I have their Revolution suit (their one-piece custom women's suit) and it's awesome.

Both the quality of Teiz products and of their customer service has been top-notch, IMO. Like Floyd said, shoot them an email with any questions and I'm sure they'll answer.

Old October 25th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #8
dk58
ninjette.org member

I'm going to shoot them an email. I don't necessarily have the extra money, but this seems way nicer than the teknic alternative.

Old October 31st, 2011, 05:56 AM   #9
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

<------------------ Big fan of tiez. customer service is top notch. and the quality is awesome. I'm thinking of getting this too but I just spent 800+ on one of their suit (Power shell) + a new shoei helmet... soooo yeahh... i have no money left XD
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 11:45 AM   #10
Meltoff
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Blue)

So I have been very interested in this deal, and after doing a bit of digging I think I have found the answer to a few of my initial questions regarding the legitimacy of the deal. Straight from the Teiz website in their obctober newsletter:

"This week we also launched Motorcycle Group Buys with its first deal - a premium leather racing suit and matching gloves. Please help us spread the word about this site so we can continue to bring you great deals like this from other vendors as well. So please post these deals on your Twitter, Facebook and Google+ pages. " (http://www.teizms.com/news_reviews/n.../Oct_2011.html)

I was not aware that the Motorcycle Group Buys was such a new thing, and to see an official post on the Teiz website alleviates any concern I had that it wasn't legit.

Anyways I will hopefully be ordering one of these as soon as I can scrape together funds, and figure out sizing.

Last futzed with by Meltoff; October 31st, 2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Added Link
Meltoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2011, 03:21 PM   #11
dk58
ninjette.org member

Yes, I had emailed Teiz to address the same concerns. They were very helpful. I would like one, but it doesn't look like they'll get the 15 people