ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old October 25th, 2011, 10:06 PM   #1
RNrider
ninjette.org member

Name: Steph

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Mid-height shoe/ boot for daily commuting?

Hi, I ride my bike pretty much every day to work/school and have been wearing my (bulky) motorcycle boots with a change of shoes to wear all day for comfort. This is starting to become a bulky burden.

Any recommendations on a shoe/boot that has good protection (ankle high) that is not too bulky that I can wear comfortably all day with my jeans? I'm a lady in my late 20s, so something aesthetically appealing would be great too!
RNrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #2
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

I would suggest look through these....

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ding-Gear.aspx

And the men's too if it doesn't matter to you.
I'm a guy and I have Shift Kickers I think...

oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #3
RNrider
ninjette.org member

I've looked at the sites like motorcycle-superstore, revzilla, cycle gear and the women's boots still look bulky to me. I'm looking for more "street" with a women's flair. any ideas?

Old October 25th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #4
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
don't ride without real boots. i have plenty of photos to show you if you disagree.

i leave my comfortable shoes at work so i don't have to carry them with me

Old October 26th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #5
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Wait for the ladies on this forums to show up. but if you ask me I'm gonna go with the puma's. To me they look slick and not bulky and the 360 ankle cockpit is a huge +
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 26th, 2011, 08:34 AM   #6
kaiserz

I forgot... girls wears skinny tight jeans... but like I always say, "The hottest boots a girl can wear are motorcycle boots" and "I ride a motorcycle and I dress the part."

Old October 26th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #7
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

I use these

dainese-scarpa-dyno

Good solid protection and I also wear full shin/knee guards and these boots do not interfere with mobility.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 28th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #8
leed
ninjette.org sage

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): Time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
I forgot... girls wears skinny tight jeans... but like I always say, "The hottest boots a girl can wear are motorcycle boots" and "I ride a motorcycle and I dress the part."
+1

I myself am looking for a similar boot.. Though I'll be finishing school here shortly, and leaving clothes at work will be more feasible.

Regardless, I'm afraid a boot that is protective yet fashionable with the ever so popular skinny jeans is unattainable. To be honest, I haven't paid much attention to the footwear of the girl riders at my school.
leed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 29th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #9
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
When I asked a salesperson some years back for a boot that wouldn't make me look like a racer, that I could wear at work and walk around comfortably in, yet be a good motorcycle boot, he told me that I would be wasting my money. I didn't believe him and bought a high-top type shoe. It was a waste of money.

There is simply insufficient protection in that shoe. It is very hard to get a comfortable all day shoe that is sufficiently stiff to protect your foot from serious injury in case of accident. According to a 2008 NHTSA study, the majority of traumatic crash injuries suffered by motorcyclists occur in feet and legs. More than head, more than torso, hands or arms. I think this is likely because so many people fail to wear full gear including good boots, which has been shown to cut risk of foot injury by 1/2.

So I ride with my full boots to work, and keep a pair of work shoes there to change into. I might also stuff a pair of flipflops into a tank bag. If I need to do a bunch of walking at the mall or something, I'll wear my touring boots, which are great to walk in. So perhaps an alternative for you could be a good touring boot. I use the Tourmaster Solutions, can walk in them all day. Perhaps the women's equivalent might be the Alpinstars Stella Cita. Not ideal for protection, but probably better than a riding shoe or high top and they are reputed to be exceedingly comfortable. Even better would be something like the Gaerne Rose, which has more safety features but might be a step further from completely wearable all day with jeans.

Not to be obnoxious about it, but this is why I decided to go with a full boot rather than hi-top style riding shoes.

There is an excellent discussion of boots made just for women riders in this linked thread. The Alpinstars Stella and Sidi Vertigo Lei get rave reviews.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Link to original page on YouTube.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 1st, 2011, 08:25 PM   #10
RNrider
ninjette.org member

Thanks everybody for the input!! I ended up getting Alpinestars Stella SMX-5 boots. At first try-on they are comfy and SO much lighter than I thought. I can comfortably walk around in them.

Excited to road test them!!

Old November 1st, 2011, 08:46 PM   #11
kaiserz

Nice! gratz! I love the stella, they're hot

Ohh piccs!!

Old November 6th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #12
RNrider
ninjette.org member

These boots are so light and comfortable! So comforting, with the limited options out there for ladies.

These are pics of the boots under jeans, which is what I was most questioning - how they would look on every day. People generally don't notice I am wearing the boots unless it is a quiet hallway (the soles don't tread quietly).

love them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9097.jpg (160.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9098.jpg (144.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: gif 09AlpinestarsSMX5BkLG.gif (138.6 KB, 6 views)

Old November 6th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #13
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Lookin' good AND you wont have to worry about making a decision that is less safe!
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #14
kaiserz

sexy