ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Blogs

Old

Snow Ninja!

Posted March 11th, 2013 at 03:18 PM by Joshorilla
Updated November 21st, 2013 at 09:20 PM by Joshorilla

Today, well rather yesterday night and this morning we've had a relentless torrent of blizzards unlike anything anyone can remember, only Thursday I was sunbathing in the garden.

As a result of this freak weather phenomenon my ninja has been encased in ice and snow, although now I believe i'd have an easier time fobbing her off as a 1000cc

I shouldn't imagine I will be able to ride for the next few days, the three roads from my house leading to town "where I work" are all blocked off by fallen trees, I am able to telly work so I won't miss out on any pay, but I would rather have the days off as a holiday
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized

Old

HELP

Posted March 9th, 2013 at 11:57 AM by nickdeveau

i have a 1988 ninja 250 and a 85 ninja 600 and the rear break pads are gone on the ninja 250 just wondering if the ones on the 600 would fit ??
ninjette.org newbie
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Mean Green 250 flipper Project

Posted March 1st, 2013 at 11:48 AM by cuong-nutz
Updated March 2nd, 2013 at 05:39 PM by cuong-nutz

I bought a 2008 Ninja 250 with 1488 miles on it. Known history given to my by owner:
Originally owned by a lady
Dropped on right side-cracked farings, tweaked fairing stay.
Sat in storage for 2 years.
Next buyer tried to get it running with no luck. Said he had to use starter fluid to get it started and when it did, it ran really rough and died. Also said exhaust would "pop" ocassionally which worried him. He did not have time nor space to work on the bike and so I bought it from him.

I found why bike wouldn't start. Idle mixture screws where not set properly. It had a torn diaphram. idle circuit jets were clogged.

I replaced the torn diaphram with an Ebay aftermarket one. I am probably the first person to document such a thing since most people previously would have bought a used carb and hoped to have two good diaphragms to use.

So I cleaned and primed the carbs. It fired right up but it would bog if I would give...
RIP Alex
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Trouble with the oil change....

Posted February 27th, 2013 at 08:49 AM by Greenm0nster22

This past weekend i completed my second oil change on my green 2011 ninja 250 S.E. I changed the oil, oil filter and soon the air filter. I have found that each time i finish replacing the oil the ignition seems to be weaker than it was before. Does anybody know why this is... or maybe what can be done to fix it? Any tips will be greatly appreciated!
ninjette.org newbie
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

MPG - Follow with me!

Posted February 26th, 2013 at 12:13 PM by Joshorilla

I need a way to track my MPG, I thought, and here seemed like a good enough place.

So I will snap two pics every time I fill up, one of the pump, and one of my speedo, i'll upload them to here, then I shall work out a load of stats and post them here also.

Right!

4:30 ish

26/02/2013

Bike stats
Miles to date: 1467.5

Pump Stats
Sale: £16.08 = $24.38
Volume: 13.64L = 3.6 US Gallons
Price Per Litre: £1.179 = $1.79
Price Per Gallon £4.47 = $6.78
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The In Between

Posted February 25th, 2013 at 11:01 AM by BlueTyke

(I have flickr, just not to sure how to use it just yet, so if you want to go just to the photos without commentary you can go there... Flickr )

Hi! It's been a long time! A long time off two wheels that's for sure. No accidents to report, thankfully, just a bit of stupidity! It is my fault really. I was used to the CA winters where you don't have to do anything to your bike but ride it all year round... Yeah... About that snow in Maryland... You can keep it! So I didn't know about winterizing the bike and I left the gas on... and the gas turned bad and gummed the carbs pretty bad... At that point it was me waiting for my fiancee to fix it and me to have the desire to nag him about it.

Life did move on in this time. A lot of bad things in 2010 happened, we lived, learned, and moved on.. 2011 brought around an engagement! Boyfriend graduated to Fiancee. I have the ring to prove it! Also picked up more on the Photography. Graduating from a Nikon D40 to a...
So slow I'm first!
Posted in Photography
Old

Long time no see!

Posted February 17th, 2013 at 04:14 PM by Joshorilla

Well, my bike is all fixed up and looking gooooood!

I was thinking what made me want to get a bike, i've always been into bikes, my family have always had bikes, I was given the attached photo below from my grandad, it's of his Moto Guzzi V50 II on the day he brought it brand new from the show room, it's got a little personal message on the back from him that I won't go into.

It's means a lot to me this picture does, and if I ever got a chance to buy one of these great motorcycle I would in a heart beat!
Bass Master General
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

New to bikes and ready to learn the hard way

Posted January 18th, 2013 at 06:59 AM by asmith43

New years resolution, start a blog. I'll start by saying I love my bike(2002 ninja 250) on that note she given me a lot of expensive repairs and up keeping's. her back ground... well i don't know much about her. I bought her off of craigslist in October 2012 as a birthday present for my self. i know she has been layed down(but nit by me) and i know know that she didn't get cared for well by her previous rider. back ground on my bike knowledge well there was none, I knew I wanted a ninja. before I got my bike I didn't know what "locking the forks" meant or what engine displacement was, you can throw terms at me and i will have no idea still but im working on it.
I plan on trying to upload videos of me working on my bike because repairs are cheaper when you do them your self! that said i have replaced the read light bulb, changed the rear sprocket, changed the oil, and today i have to put new break pads on.
and before you think psh that's easy(which it probably...
chicks are hotter on bike
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Cuong-Nutz's Ninjer 265cc build

Posted January 17th, 2013 at 05:55 PM by cuong-nutz
Updated January 25th, 2013 at 12:17 AM by cuong-nutz

Well after 20k+ miles, my motor has stopped running. It was getting harder and harder to start at the last track day of the 2012 season. I barely managed to get it to start for the last session of the year.

I later find out that I had low compression, roughly 70 psi in each cylinder doing a dry test. Wet test brought compression way back up. So.... rings aren't sealing. Here's the thread: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120502

I have 2 options. Get a "new" motor or rebuild my current one. I opted to rebuild my current one as it seemed to be cheaper and I didn't want to take any chances with a used motor.

There are no oversized rings for the Ninja 250 so that leaves you with having to bore your block and put in bigger pistons. You have 2 options for pistons: JE Pistons and Wiseco. I opted for Wiseco since they were a $100 cheaper. You can go bigger with a 64mm Piston, but that will require you to resleeve your block....
RIP Alex
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Modifications

Posted January 6th, 2013 at 03:12 PM by NevadaWolf
Updated December 10th, 2015 at 04:26 PM by NevadaWolf

Figure since my bike is down to her bare essentials, might as well do all the mods I want, so I'll keep track of those here as well.

Ah, found a good resource for useful mods. Farkles

mods:
Removed 12 volt power plug under rear seat err *moved* front fairing.
Removed i5motorcycle flush mount turn signals and running lights with toggle switch
Removed Blacked out windscreen
Removed Dark smoke double bubble knockoff windscreen
Black and green lower fairings (self-painting)
Removed Pro grip gel grips, black and green
Metallic green grips scored from @LittleRedNinjette
Removed Tridon EL12 Electric flasher
Cruise control
Green shortie adjustable levers - scored from @Old Lemon!
Honday CBR250 Tire Hugger/Chain Guard
Rear seat cowl and Rubber Grommet- Got one from ...
Certified looney toon
Posted in Uncategorized

Motorcycle Safety Foundation