View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2015, 01:39 PM   #1
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Small Displacement Bike for Track Days

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a bike that I can ride on the street with a bit more aggression than a 600cc sportbike. I want to be able to open up the throttle and really bang through the gears without fear of loosing my license or death.

At the same time I want a bike that will be a blast to ride on the track.

I currently ride a 2009 FZ6. It's a great bike that can do just about everything, however, it doesn't do anything exceptionally well. So I'm looking to get something a little bit more exciting to ride.

I've done three track days in total so far, so I'm still very much a new track rider.

So I guess my question is, do you guys think the RC390 will be enough to entertain me for track days? I know it'll be enough power for the street (for me anyways), it also looks like small bikes are a blast to ride in small cc races, however, will it still be fun to ride when most everyone else is on a 600cc+ bike?

Before anyone points out that I'm asking about a KTM on a Kawasaki forum I would like to mention I know this. However, this forum seems to have the most active small bike user group so I figured the responses would be best.