Old October 14th, 2015, 11:12 AM   #40
thisisbenji
ninjette.org sage

Name: Benji

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Sold), 2009 FZ6, 2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Streetable means stock body work?? Lol.

Go check out killboy' photos. Can you say race bike with an LED flood light jammed in the air duct and a plate halfhazardly stuck on the tail???? It's more common than you think, it only has to be "legal"

EDIT:
See the ZX6R at the end of the row?
Yup, that's more along the lines that I'm thinking. This will be a track bike. I just plan to ride it on the street.

Honestly though, I don't really care about factory body panels. I'll keep them on the bike until they need to be replaced. At that point I'll probably go with track plastics.

I also won't be running race tires on my track day bike. I'm a novice rider, hopefully I'll be in intermediate at some point next year. I don't think I need race tires.

As far as suspension goes, stock the RC390 doesn't exactly come with adjustable suspension. However, if I get adjustable suspension, all you have to do is write down your settings and you can go from street to track in minutes.

Insurance and taxes are non-issues for me, that might cost me a few hundred a year which is really just a drop in the bucket.

Also, the whole risk of riding your street bike at the track only really applies if it's actually your street bike. If it's your track bike that you occasionally ride on the street that risk disappears.