View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM   #48
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheno911 View Post
Hi everyone. I'm very interested in getting the high mount cf exhaust for the 250 but with the x-race cruiser rear sets will I have any clearance issues?
Quote:
When we developed the High Mount Race System for the 250R, we tried to keep rearsets in mind as much as possible. But obviously could not compromise the design based solely on this. We looked at four different rearset manufactures specs at that time and all of them had different dimensions and adjustment capabilities; so nearly an impossible task... We have sold a large amount of systems for bikes with aftermarket rearsets. The system itself has some adjustability in that area. Also if necessary, making a small mod/dimple in the mid-pipe for clearance to the pivot pin on the brake pedal (normally the area of contact) can be done without any issues. We utilize highly annealed aircraft grade stainless steel and it is very malleable and forgiving. You can look at the close-up picture on our website page and try to compare - http://www.areapnolimits.com/images/...stem_2_big.jpg

Kerry Bryant - President
I also did some digging and found this thread that shows those rearsets with the standard mount exhaust. I couldn't find any pics with the high mount race model.

Note that the rearset in the pic is bent.

Hope that helps.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote