ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old August 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I. Hate. People.

Just found this on Yahoo! and this writers tone just pissed me off to no end.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...200811947.html
Quote:
Teen gets branded a felon for life for robbing man of 7 cents

By Zachary Roth (Dumbshit) | The Lookout – 5 hrs ago

A 15-year-old from Syracuse, Anthony Stewart, was sentenced to 2 to 6 years in a juvenile detention facility by Judge William Walsh of Onandaga County for a robbery in which the teenager took a mere 7 cents.

Walsh said he issued the harsh sentence because Stewart declined to plead guilty, choosing to fight the charges. A jury found him guilty of first degree robbery.

The victim had identified Stewart and a friend as the perpetrators, Walsh said, "and yet you still denied it," the Post-Standard newspaper of Syracuse reported.

"Well, that cost you," Walsh added.

The other teenager, Skyler Ninham, 16, pleaded guilty in July and was sentenced to 1 to 4 years in prison.

Stewart and Ninham carried BB guns that looked like real pistols when they knocked a 73-year old man to the ground--Stewart punching him in the face--and took all the cash he had on him, prosecutors said. That amounted to 7 cents.

Stewart's lawyer, Laurin Haddad, had pleaded with Walsh to treat her client as a youthful offender, so that a felony conviction wouldn't remain on his permanent record.

"For 7 cents, now you're making someone a felon for the rest of his life," Haddad told the Post-Standard.
This retarded kid committed a felony and this writer (and there are many others that agree with him) think the law is being too harsh on this kid? First off, lets face it, this soulless rotten sack of crap will never amount to anything and will only be a drain on society. He'd be better off with a bullet in the back of his head rather than a 4 year sentence. But thats beside the point, how can these people defend such a despicable person? How could anyone have sympathy for a person like this?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
The fact that the old man only had 7 cents for the kid to take from him does not negate the fact that he commited a felony. The judge and the jury made the right call.
Just for the record I don't hate all people.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #3
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

The kid knocked down and punched a 73-year old man in the face with a loaded weapon. He's an a-hole but I don't think 6 years is adequate. 1 year would probably do imo; though I'm not very educated on this.

Old August 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #4
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Hang 'em.
These kind of people are ruining MY earth.

If I was in charge first offense minor assault would be 10 years. Second would be life.
There's no excuse for violence and attacks. We aren't the taliban.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 30th, 2011, 08:37 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
Hang 'em.
These kind of people are ruining MY earth.

If I was in charge first offense minor assault would be 10 years. Second would be life.
There's no excuse for violence and attacks. We aren't the taliban.
Exactly!

Now I know kids do dumb things when young like petty theft from convenience stores and drinking alcohol (I caught many in Loss Prevention). But a violent offense is far different and if you tell a kid "hey, even though you committed a violent robbery, were just going to put you on probation" then what kind of an example does that show them?

The pussification of America needs to end.
AFM #676

Old August 30th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #6
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
The kid knocked down and punched a 73-year old man in the face with a loaded weapon. He's an a-hole but I don't think 6 years is adequate. 1 year would probably do imo; though I'm not very educated on this.
If you read correctly its 2-6 years which likely means he will get out in less than 2 years and put on parole/probation for the whole 6 years.

Just as a general rule whenever you read a range of years, you can assume that most of the time they will be out of prison by the first number (2) and put on parole/probation for the second (6). Obviously, thats not set in stone and is dealt with on a case by case basis but you get the point.

Also glad to hear people agree with me. I hope the author of this article is the victim of a violent crime so that he can understand that there should be no sympathy for these scumbags.
AFM #676

Old August 31st, 2011, 02:11 AM   #7
kyrider

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Soulless punks!
kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 04:34 AM   #8
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
i agree with the felony charges but come on...can you consider a BB gun a loaded weapon? lol
azimmer11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 04:37 AM   #9
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by azimmer11 View Post
i agree with the felony charges but come on...can you consider a BB gun a loaded weapon? lol
Ever get shot with a 1400fps .177? I don't think you'd be joking about it. And if the little scumbag had access to a real gun, he would have used it.

Protip: Yahoo news is garbage.

Old August 31st, 2011, 04:59 AM   #10
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Ever get shot with a 1400fps .177? I don't think you'd be joking about it. And if the little scumbag had access to a real gun, he would have used it.

Protip: Yahoo news is garbage.
hes 16 he definitely did not have a 1400fps .177. He most likely had a $15 toys r us pellet gun haha

Old August 31st, 2011, 05:08 AM   #11
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

+1 for hanging em
demp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 05:21 AM   #12
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Without seeing the actual BB guns they used, I won't really pass judgement as to whether or not they really looked like real guns, it may just be someone trying to enhance the grandeur of the story. That being said, it doesn't matter if they're really loaded weapons, it's about the perceived threat. Victim doesn't know it's fake so they're traumatized to the same effect than if the kid had a real gun.

"Cool story, bro" time....

About 6 years ago, my wife was passenger in a coworker's car driving to lunch when her coworker cut off some guy and he went all road-rageous on her and stuck his hand out the window and waved a pellet gun at her that didn't have the orange "HEY! It's not real!!" tip on the barrel so it looked real enough to them. Obviously, this scared the ever loving piss out of my wife and her coworker. Her coworker slammed on her brakes while the guy took off and luckily 3 other motorists stopped as witnesses. One of them got the plate. Long story short, cops were called, guy was arrested and they found the pellet gun in his truck under the seat. It's been awhile but I definitively remember the cops telling my wife and her coworker that it doesn't matter that it was a pellet gun b/c his actions caused them legitimate fear for their lives despite the fact he couldn't have actually harmed them. It was the intent of his actions that defined it as assault.

/"Cool story, bro"

I know you were just kidding so I'm not flaming you in anyway... just sharing the story.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 05:26 AM   #13
CynicalC

Quote:
hes 16 he definitely did not have a 1400fps .177. He most likely had a $15 toys r us pellet gun haha
Besides the point. It could have been a super soaker for all it matters. He still robbed someone.

And for what it's worth, I bought all kinds of bb guns at walmart before I was 16.

Old August 31st, 2011, 06:06 AM   #14
azimmer11
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Besides the point. It could have been a super soaker for all it matters. He still robbed someone.

And for what it's worth, I bought all kinds of bb guns at walmart before I was 16.
which is why i said i agree with the felony charges lol....i was just commenting on someone saying he had a loaded gun.

and oh really? laws must be different where you live because in Michigan you need to be 18 to buy BB guns. Our Walmart has them locked up in a glass case; even the $10 bs ones. and im pretty sure they had the BB guns for the reason Jason just stated and NOT because they wanted to hurt someone with them.

Old August 31st, 2011, 06:23 AM   #15
FBNTH
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): None yet

The kid should count his blessings and take the jail sentence. If he would have robbed someone else with the BB gun he could have been shot with a real gun and the shooter would be fully justified. What an idiot.

Old August 31st, 2011, 08:17 AM   #16
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Not only is it a mere 2-6, but it's Juvenile Detention. It's not as if it's prison and when he's 18, his records get locked up anyways. Branded for life? Not really. Try branded for 3 years. IMO, he should have been sentenced to the 1-4 in prison like his friend. Give him a taste of what being someone's b!tch is all about and see if he doesn't rehabilitate from that.

Old August 31st, 2011, 08:37 AM   #17
CynicalC

Quote:
which is why i said i agree with the felony charges lol....i was just commenting on someone saying he had a loaded gun.

and oh really? laws must be different where you live because in Michigan you need to be 18 to buy BB guns. Our Walmart has them locked up in a glass case; even the $10 bs ones. and im pretty sure they had the BB guns for the reason Jason just stated and NOT because they wanted to hurt someone with them.
I think they actually did change those laws within the past 10 years or so, at least in NY.

Old August 31st, 2011, 09:23 AM   #18
noob1220
ninjette.org member

Name: Valerie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE White

When these punks decided to violently rob and assault an elderly man, they had no idea whether the man had 7 cents on him or 7 grand. The fact that it was "a mere 7 cents" shouldn't even matter. I am also on Team Hang 'Em. Jackasses like these two will never learn their lesson and will pull the same **** as soon as they are released, only this time, someone will end up dead. Hopefully it's them.
noob1220 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:22 AM   #19
algerath
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

I especially hate the lawyers who will twist it around to try to get these people off.

It is not like they don't know any better, this is a highly educated person. They know it has nothing to do with the 7 cents and everything to do with beating and robbing and old man. She will still take the cash from him and go to court with a straight face and argue about you shouldn't put him away over 7 cents. In fact I dislike the lawyer making that BS 7 cents argument just as much as the kid committing the robbery! How can a person go into the courtroom in front of the old man who was beaten and robbed, and look up at the judge and say he should go easy on him because he only took 7 cents, talk about soulless!!

In fact I think I dislike the lawyer more than the kid
algerath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:29 AM   #20
algerath
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ninja 250

You guys got me worked up over this now.
If the lawyers argument was valid then if the kids, after beating the man, found he only had 7 cents and didn't bother taking it, would have committed no crime at all because they didn't take any money!! F-ing bottom feeders, put the kid in jail and hang the lawyer I say

<---- haha never gonna post again, jk
algerath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:47 AM   #21
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

I think being a lawyer would be really difficult to me just because of stuff like that. Unfortunately, doing their job well often means having to set aside personal morals and distaste in favor of professional indifference. I wouldn't be pissed at the lawyer for doing their job unless they were advocates of that behavior when off the record.

Man, now this thread just makes me want to go play Phoenix Wright
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 02:47 PM   #22
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

Kid deserves the punishment.

Now if the victim had a firearm and shot this POS it would be a completely different story on how this poor unfortunate youth was such a good person and would not have done anything like that.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 02:58 PM   #23
ruben
ninjette.org member

Name: ruben

Motorcycle(s): Civic SI / future 250r

ha. lucky for them they didnt do that here in florida.
we have 10-20-life rule here.
have a gun weather its real or fake, automatic 10 years
point the gun, thats 20
shoot someone thats automatic 20-life weather they live or die.

AND on top of that, any felony commited against a senior citizen is harsh time.

they werent judged for 7 cents, they were judged for their crime against that individual. poor choice of words on the journalists part.
ruben is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 31st, 2011, 10:41 PM   #24
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
If this kid was a bully in school, then all the people of the press would be hounding him. But since he is only a violent criminal, they back him 100%.
AFM #676

Old September 1st, 2011, 02:51 AM   #25
rusninja
Ninjette wanabe :D

Name: Ruslan

Motorcycle(s): white 300 :D

Seriously how would the editor feel if it was there dad or grandparent. Idk how people would see me after i say this, But if anyone assulted anyone of my close family i would show the person who did it some real assult i would want the people to gets best punishment they can recive.

Old September 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM   #26
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusninja View Post
Seriously how would the editor feel if it was there dad or grandparent. Idk how people would see me after i say this, But if anyone assulted anyone of my close family i would show the person who did it some real assult i would want the people to gets best punishment they can recive.
If only it weren't for that damned 8th amendment
AFM #676

Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:29 PM   #27
kyrider

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

Simplistic I know...

Link to original page on YouTube.

kyrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 7th, 2011, 08:07 PM   #28
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Sounds like the felony record is appropriate. I'd want to know if a potential coworker did something like that regardless of the amount. Don't forget that he threatened and punched someone! His age is no excuse. Kids who do these things usually grow up into WORSE adults and I would STILL want to know.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote