ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old July 27th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #1
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

I hate old people

I was coming down a 4-way intersection that has no stoplights (aka the worst intersections EVER). The intersection is about 30 yards ahead of me, and I see the old lady not even looking and she just starts to enter the intersection for her left turn. I was going the speed limit, so I had plenty of time to slow down, so I stopped right before there. This dumbass old lady is just crawling across, making everybody stop.

Moral of the story....good thing it was me riding through, and not some hot shot guy, or that could have ended horribly. Also, people (ESPECIALLY old people) should have to pass a physical before they can drive...yeah I said it. I made a drawing too....

rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
why didn't you run into her?

Old July 27th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
......Also, people (ESPECIALLY old people) should have to pass a physical before they can drive...yeah I said it..........
What about old people who ride?
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #4
ChickenRun
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250r SE (without stupid tribal decals)

"stupid old bitch" LOL

"Shut up no it doesn't."
ChickenRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Pick up a case, you'll need it

Link to original page on YouTube.

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 27th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #6
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

At a four way intersection, old people always have the right of way. I like the drawing, gonna print it and hang it on my fridge.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #7
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
What about old people who ride?
Old people in general. I see these people at the DMV who can barely walk up to the counter, and we trust them to get behind the wheel? Driving is a privilege, not a right IMO

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #8
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

I agree...old folks in their 70-80's should not be driving.

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #9
Driddle
ninjette.org guru

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
why didn't you run into her?
I agree with this. You could've hit her at a slow enough speed, claimed she was at fault, and gotten yourself a nice R6

Old July 28th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #10
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
I agree...old folks in their 70-80's should not be driving.
...unless they have passed a vision, hearing, and driving test.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #11
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
Old people in general. I see these people at the DMV who can barely walk up to the counter, and we trust them to get behind the wheel? Driving is a privilege, not a right IMO
Well, I am very old and ride and drive since I was a teenager and my DMV have never asked me for passing any physical examination.
Maybe because I have not gotten in any accident?

I am gradually loosing my vision; hence, heading to a point after which I will not be able to ride or drive.
For my own and others safety, at that point, I will stop doing what I cannot do anymore.
Until that point arrives, I will do it with all the skills, decency and experience accumulated during many years on the road.

Generalizations are as bad as assumptions: all old people, old teenagers, all Chinese, all Harleys' riders, are all bad approaches to problems because they end up being false statements or making you take crazy attitudes.

More people cause accidents for other causes than old age, and still keep the privilege.

What about a psychological test for everyone every year?
What about an addiction test?

Those will eliminate a lot of bad drivers.
May be so many that the public transportation systems and the car manufactures and all its supporting systems will be against your idea.

That old lady was not more attentive than the young girls that constantly send texts while tailgating me or than the drunk guys that make my weekend rides so scary.
Probably, she has never been a good driver.

As for the title of your thread, Rasta, I suggest you to make an effort to not hate anyone or anything; trying to comprehend people and things in your world will make you a better old person.

"Mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice." - Miguel De Cervantes

I am just trying to say that old age per se is not the cause of bad driving.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #12
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Agreed. Age is no indicator of ability. I've seen numerous safe "old people" driving and riding but most only notice the ones that are the oddity and make sweeping statements with the rest of the group. Same is true with young drivers, you always hear about the oddities but not about the others who are striving very very hard to learn and be safe.

Is there an age when the body gets to a point where it is unsafe to operate a vehicle? Yes. But that depends on each individual, their health, their genetics, their lifestyle, their history, etc.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #13
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

yeah i wouldnt say hate, ive been forced off the road into a 10 foot ditch by an elderly couple. i think after the age of 50 you should have to take a vision test every 3 years and a driving test every 5. it would stop alot of wrecks and save lives.

now i agree with @Motofool old isnt all the problem and there are tons of bad drivers out there in every age color and creed. but any steps we can take to make the streets safer are steps that are took in the right direction.

on that note along with the additional testing throw in drug tests for teens and dui offenders. and just to be an asshole have teens put their cell numbers on their paper work so you can txt them on their way home and if they txt back throw their asses in lock up and shred their licence. >=D

Old July 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #14
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
...unless they have passed a vision, hearing, and driving test.
I disagree. That alone is not enough. It's their slow & poor decision making that puts people in danger.

And with most old folks being on medication...yeah, that's a no go.

I love old folks and I have the utmost respect for them but they don't belong on the streets because they cause traffic, road rage, accidents, etc.

50-60 mph in the fast two lanes in morning commute...really?

Old July 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #15
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

30 years ago I thought I was the worlds best Rider and driver, and everyone else should get off the road.

Now I know better.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #16
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

I don't hate young people...

Quote:
I was coming down a 4-way intersection that has no stoplights (aka the worst intersections EVER). The intersection is about 30 yards ahead of me, and I see the old lady not even looking and she just starts to enter the intersection for her left turn. I was going the speed limit, so I had plenty of time to slow down, so I stopped right before there. This dumbass old lady is just crawling across, making everybody stop.

Moral of the story....good thing it was me riding through, and not some hot shot guy, or that could have ended horribly. Also, people (ESPECIALLY old people) should have to pass a physical before they can drive...yeah I said it. I made a drawing too....

I was riding my bicycle a week or so back and this teenage driver literally pulled up to a stop sign, no hands on his (more likely, Daddy's) multi-ton multi-doored pickup truck. He wasn't using hands because he was texting. Looking at his screen. Texting. With both hands! I had to swerve to miss his bumper as he carelessly allowed his weapon to slide into the intersection.

My guess is he would pass any physical with flying colors. Yet, he was as unsafe as your older person. Maybe more so.

I'm not saying some physical requirement shouldn't be instituted for older drivers. Just be careful of generalizations. They almost never prove accurate.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #17
broken neck
ninjette.org guru

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special Edition (sold), 2017 CRF250 Rally

Quote:
What's the speed limits in those lanes?

Maybe it's us, together, that should slow down to those limits... If other peoples are doing the speed limits, I don't know why we should want to throw them off the road... It's very frustrating, but if they obey the laws and I don't who's at fault here?
So I swear a lot in my helmet, cool off and wait for a safe passing opportunity and go on with my ride

Yeah, I know that the left lane are for passing only and some are quite dangerous with their driving habits, but that's why we ride like everyone wants to kill us...

Maybe some driving tests in a simulator, we could have our judgment and reflexes tested once in a while...

Mon deux cennes...
broken neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #18
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken neck View Post
What's the speed limits in those lanes?

Maybe it's us, together, that should slow down to those limits... If other peoples are doing the speed limits, I don't know why we should want to throw them off the road... It's very frustrating, but if they obey the laws and I don't who's at fault here?
So I swear a lot in my helmet, cool off and wait for a safe passing opportunity and go on with my ride

Yeah, I know that the left lane are for passing only and some are quite dangerous with their driving habits, but that's why we ride like everyone wants to kill us...

Maybe some driving tests in a simulator, we could have our judgment and reflexes tested once in a while...

Mon deux cennes...
I'm speaking from a cager's perspective, not as a motorcyclist. I don't ride on the streets otherwise I wouldn't be posting cuz I'd just weave right through traffic.

It's 65 mph but come on no one seriously goes 65mph in the fast lane during morning commutes to work. And no one, not even you I'm willing to bet, obeys the law.

The norm is 70-80mph in the fast lane. They really need to survey the highways again and increase the speed limits. I think 70mph is reasonably safe.

My mom is 65 and she'll go into the fast lane and do 65. I tell her you can't be going 65mph in the fast lane because you're gonna cause road rage (which has happened) and traffic. If you want to go 65mph do so in the 2nd to right or farthest right lane. I tell her you have to consider you're not the only one on the road and be courtesy.

But it doesn't just stop there...old people make poor decisions on streets. My friend was killed by an elderly making an illegal left turn (T-boned). I've personally witnessed several elderly peeps make illegal turns AT THE LAST MINUTE right in front of me.

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM   #19
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
I disagree. That alone is not enough. It's their slow & poor decision making that puts people in danger.

And with most old folks being on medication...yeah, that's a no go.

I love old folks and I have the utmost respect for them but they don't belong on the streets because they cause traffic, road rage, accidents, etc.

That's cool. I respect your opinion completely. There are some pretty cool folks who can still handle themselves behind the wheel (or bars). I think everyone should have the privilege to drive IF they can show they are competent on a road course. You bring up a valid point to consider, however.

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #20
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
I'm speaking from a cager's perspective, not as a motorcyclist. I don't ride on the streets otherwise I wouldn't be posting cuz I'd just weave right through traffic.

It's 65 mph but come on no one seriously goes 65mph in the fast lane during morning commutes to work. And no one, not even you I'm willing to bet, obeys the law.

The norm is 70-80mph in the fast lane. They really need to survey the highways again and increase the speed limits. I think 70mph is reasonably safe.

My mom is 65 and she'll go into the fast lane and do 65. I tell her you can't be going 65mph in the fast lane because you're gonna cause road rage (which has happened) and traffic. If you want to go 65mph do so in the 2nd to right or farthest right lane. I tell her you have to consider you're not the only one on the road and be courtesy.

But it doesn't just stop there...old people make poor decisions on streets. My friend was killed by an elderly making an illegal left turn (T-boned). I've personally witnessed several elderly peeps make illegal turns AT THE LAST MINUTE right in front of me.
you don't have to be old to be stupid.

Old July 28th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #21
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Well, I am very old and ride and drive since I was a teenager and my DMV have never asked me for passing any physical examination.
Maybe because I have not gotten in any accident?

I am gradually loosing my vision; hence, heading to a point after which I will not be able to ride or drive.
For my own and others safety, at that point, I will stop doing what I cannot do anymore.
Until that point arrives, I will do it with all the skills, decency and experience accumulated during many years on the road.

Generalizations are as bad as assumptions: all old people, old teenagers, all Chinese, all Harleys' riders, are all bad approaches to problems because they end up being false statements or making you take crazy attitudes.

More people cause accidents for other causes than old age, and still keep the privilege.

What about a psychological test for everyone every year?
What about an addiction test?

Those will eliminate a lot of bad drivers.
May be so many that the public transportation systems and the car manufactures and all its supporting systems will be against your idea.

That old lady was not more attentive than the young girls that constantly send texts while tailgating me or than the drunk guys that make my weekend rides so scary.
Probably, she has never been a good driver.

As for the title of your thread, Rasta, I suggest you to make an effort to not hate anyone or anything; trying to comprehend people and things in your world will make you a better old person.

"Mercy shines with even more brilliancy than justice." - Miguel De Cervantes

I agree. I don't actually hate old people, the thread title was made in slight tongue and cheek. I just think it requires a certain level of physical ability to operate a vehicle in a way that won't put everyone's life in danger. Are there other characteristics of bad drivers? Yes. Are many old people in great physical form and able to be safe, competent drivers? Yes. But you can't argue there are numerous old people on the road that truly have no business driving. My idea of a physical would only eliminate those individuals.

Old July 28th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #22
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Not so sharp people young and old are quick to make generalizations that are generally wrong. So will you hate yourself when you are old? Also what is the definition of old. I'm sure you would call me old but I hang with some of the best sport riders in my state and none of them think I should hang it up. Grow up, get old, and become wise grasshopper.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #23
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Yamaha FZ6R, 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600

I think once people get to retirement age you should have to retake the driving test every five years to keep their license. We all know we will get to the point when we can't operate a vehicle safely, I don't think I or anyone else should be allowed to drive if it endangers others.
fleemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #24
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
Not so sharp people young and old are quick to make generalizations that are generally wrong. So will you hate yourself when you are old? Also what is the definition of old. I'm sure you would call me old but I hang with some of the best sport riders in my state and none of them think I should hang it up. Grow up, get old, and become wise grasshopper.
Bill
Does it take you 10 minutes to walk from your seat up to the counter at the DMV? Because if not, than I wasn't referring to an older person with your physical abilities.

Old July 28th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #25
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Wes....you're stupid...dont blame the old lady.
Read your own account:
I was coming down a 4-way intersection that has no stoplights (aka the worst intersections EVER).
YOU ALREADY KNEW IT WAS DANGEROUS
The intersection is about 30 yards ahead of me, and I see the old lady not even looking
MAYBE SHE KNEW IT WAS YOU AND WANTED TO GET YA ?
and she just starts to enter the intersection for her left turn.
YOU SAW WHAT WAS HAPPENING
I was going the speed limit, so I had plenty of time to slow down, so I stopped right before there.
GOOD THINKING WES
This dumbass old lady is just crawling across, making everybody stop.
YOU STOPPED....YOU GAVE HER RIGHT OF WAY
Moral of the story....good thing it was me riding through, and not some hot shot guy, or that could have ended horribly.
IT DID END HORRIBLY....YOU MADE A DUMB ASSED NOOB MISTAKE AND WONT ADMIT THAT YOU SCRWED UP.
Also, people (ESPECIALLY old people) should have to pass a physical before they can drive...yeah I said it.
PERSONALLY, I AGREE 100%

I made a drawing too....
THAT'S NOT A DRAWING, IT'S A DIAGRAM. AND POORLY DONE.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #26
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post

Wes....you're stupid...dont blame the old lady.
Read your own account:
I was coming down a 4-way intersection that has no stoplights (aka the worst intersections EVER).
YOU ALREADY KNEW IT WAS DANGEROUS
The intersection is about 30 yards ahead of me, and I see the old lady not even looking
MAYBE SHE KNEW IT WAS YOU AND WANTED TO GET YA ?
and she just starts to enter the intersection for her left turn.
YOU SAW WHAT WAS HAPPENING
I was going the speed limit, so I had plenty of time to slow down, so I stopped right before there.
GOOD THINKING WES
This dumbass old lady is just crawling across, making everybody stop.
YOU STOPPED....YOU GAVE HER RIGHT OF WAY
Moral of the story....good thing it was me riding through, and not some hot shot guy, or that could have ended horribly.
IT DID END HORRIBLY....YOU MADE A DUMB ASSED NOOB MISTAKE AND WONT ADMIT THAT YOU SCRWED UP.
Also, people (ESPECIALLY old people) should have to pass a physical before they can drive...yeah I said it.
PERSONALLY, I AGREE 100%

I made a drawing too....
THAT'S NOT A DRAWING, IT'S A DIAGRAM. AND POORLY DONE.
I recognized a dangerous situation ahead of me and I slowed down before I got to it. How did I make a dumbass noob decision...?

Old July 28th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #27
eddiekay

Wes....you're right....you did not make a bad decision. I apologize for using the wrong description of your behavior. I disagree with your reaction to it by posting such a whiney rant. So you spent 10 minutes bitchin' and drawing a diagram...for what ? For having to apply your brakes and wait for her to cross the intersection ? And you whine about it?
Wes...time is over when us old guys take crap from people without getting in your face.
I'm sending out a general alert to all AARP members for be on the lookout for an asian dude who calls himself rasta on a kickass green ninjette in the SF Bay area....as soon as i figure out how to text.
Relax boy.
Best

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old July 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM   #28
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

Quote:
Wes....you're right....you did not make a bad decision. I apologize for using the wrong description of your behavior. I disagree with your reaction to it by posting such a whiney rant. So you spent 10 minutes bitchin' and drawing a diagram...for what ? For having to apply your brakes and wait for her to cross the intersection ? And you whine about it?
Wes...time is over when us old guys take crap from people without getting in your face.
I'm sending out a general alert to all AARP members for be on the lookout for an asian dude who calls himself rasta on a kickass green ninjette in the SF Bay area....as soon as i figure out how to text.
Relax boy.
Best
lol, im an aarp member and im only 27, they have loop holes now and cheap rates >=D

Old July 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #29
ally99
Ninja chick

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Relax boy.
Best
hahahahaha!

Old July 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #30
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Fascinating thread

Link to original page on YouTube.

All I gots to say, is old people rock. Stop being in such a rush and take the time to talk with one sometime. You young whipper snappers might learn a thing or two and make a REAL friend.

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #31
rasta
Your face

Quote:
Relax boy.
Best
Lol touche sir. But this is a motorcycle forum, where people go to talk about their experiences on the bike. I just came on here to tell about something that happened during my ride. I didn't mean to sound like a whiny bitch lol

I know I made a sweeping generalization towards all old people, and that was wrong on all levels. I should have specified that when I say "old people", I mean 70+ years old. Your point is well taken, but it's not going to change my viewpoint on old drivers.

Old July 28th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #32
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Quote:
Lol touche sir. But this is a motorcycle forum, where people go to talk about their experiences on the bike. I just came on here to tell about something that happened during my ride. I didn't mean to sound like a whiny bitch lol

I know I made a sweeping generalization towards all old people, and that was wrong on all levels. I should have specified that when I say "old people", I mean 70+ years old. Your point is well taken, but it's not going to change my viewpoint on old drivers.
One of my favorite sport bike leaders just turned 70. He sponsers and leads weekly spirited rides that many younger riders in their 50's 40's, 30's, 20's find challenging. I'm very sure he could dust you off in a flash. Be careful with generalizations grasshopper. Some old man is either goin' to kick your ass or smoke you on a twisty road. You have alot to learn.
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #33
eddiekay

all right...so now that all the old dudes are out...anybody got a source for blue pills ? I'm to embarassed to go to the Immediate Care center because they know where I live.

Old July 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #34
Aufitt
The A Team

Quote:
Took the MSF course last weekend. Got my permit yesterday. Just gotta wait until the DL 389 comes in the mail so I can officially get my M-1 weeeee.

!
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/newre...reply&p=712625

12th july 2013

Just sayin....

Old July 28th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #35
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Cool

Quote:
I agree. I don't actually hate old people, the thread title was made in slight tongue and cheek. I just think it requires a certain level of physical ability to operate a vehicle in a way that won't put everyone's life in danger. Are there other characteristics of bad drivers? Yes. Are many old people in great physical form and able to be safe, competent drivers? Yes. But you can't argue there are numerous old people on the road that truly have no business driving. My idea of a physical would only eliminate those individuals.
I perfectly understand your point, Wes; I live in Florida, where many people come for retirement and for the winter season.

As there is a minimum age restriction for the license, some kind of control or restriction should be after certain age, when the reflexes, coordination and vision decay naturally for most.
Unfortunately, there is not such restriction at least in Florida; hence, those folks are a reality in traffic.

We may disagree with who or how drives around us, others may be openly on the wrong, traffic situations may become frustrating and unfair, but as motorcyclists with no choice but surviving all that injustice, we must be constantly alert and defensive, and courtesy and even compassion are sometimes part of our strategy in traffic.

Nobody chooses to be old or impaired.
For that reason, I try being more alert and tolerant around aged people in traffic.

This bonus is just for you;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...000-miles.html

The guy in the black and white picture was at the point that you are now: having many happy miles ahead.

Old July 28th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #36
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Old people suck! They drive slow and carefully. They don't take any chances or try doing anything stupid. I hate them. Young people rock. There is nothing more fun than driving or riding like an idiot. Going stupid fast, weaving in and out of traffic, popping wheelies, doing stoppies, and crashing all the time (then posting the video).

What I hate the most though is those old people then out ride or drive young people. They should know their place and stop embarrassing young people by being better at something.

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #37
Aufitt
The A Team

Solution= Crash motorcycle before the age of 30.

Saves all that trouble of living a long and enjoyable life and becoming an older wiser better rider.

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #38
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
So older is over 30? Durn I thought I had more time to get old, I'm over the hill and headed down

Old July 28th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #39
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Solution= Crash motorcycle before the age of 30.

Saves all that trouble of living a long and enjoyable life and becoming an older wiser better rider.
I'm so going to date myself but...

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 28th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #40
deeno415
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dino

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Kawasaki EX250(Bright Yellow)

Quote:

Sorry but I thought the "rule" to approaching an intersection without stoplights/signs was to treat it as a '4-way stop' intersection (example: intersection with streetlights being without/no power)?

@rasta: I believe everyone approaching the intersection is suppose to stop... just my 2 cents.

An elderly man went into the doctor's office for a check-up... he tells the doctor, "I have a problem with flatulence. I fart all the time but they don't smell and they are silent. As a matter of fact, I farted about 100 times in the waiting room and no one noticed" The doctor tells him to take these pills and come visit him next week.

Next week comes around, and the elderly man is furious at his doctor yelling, "Those pills did nothing but make my farts smell horrible!" Doctor replies, "Now that we got your sense of smell back, let's work on your hearing... "
deeno415 is offline   Reply With Quote