ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old December 18th, 2011, 01:00 AM   #601
jnninja250r
Qtr Ltr

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Hoping to get mine installed today, if the weather is good.
jnninja250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #602
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Green 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
I got a quote for $52 dollars, that seems a little high. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

can anyone double check to 02632
the package dimensions are
20x17x14 and weights 8lbs
your looking at Express Mail, right below it,click on "other options". Parcel post is like $15.03
kevheads is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2011, 03:01 AM   #603
Globe182jp
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

if anyone drops out let me know
Jake
Globe182jp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 27th, 2011, 07:41 AM   #604
DailyRidden250R
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R No longer. '06 Mini

Any more of this available?
DailyRidden250R is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 28th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #605
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

i have been taking a break (from work & ninjette forums, lol) for the holidays.

ill be back in jan to follow up a little more on the forums and pm's

happy holidays everyone!!

Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM   #606
zCasanova
ninjette.org member

Name: Devin

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyRidden250R View Post
Any more of this available?
Are there any more?
zCasanova is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 4th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #607
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

been installing my hugger tonite but running into one problem area around the rear brake caliper. How critical is the wire brake line bracket? With it on, I can't get the end of the right side even close to laying on top of the swingarm.I've even notched it out for the wire brackets like in cuong-nutz pics, if I take it off and let the brake line float,only touching where I notched out the hugger at the caliper it fits really good. Am i going to run into prolems down the road letting it float? TIA

Old January 4th, 2012, 09:42 PM   #608
thebozenator
ninjette.org member

Name: Ricardo

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Ninja 250R

I had a similar issue (assuming you have the stock lines). I ended up just prying the bracket open so i wouldn't have to disconnect the line. The line just hangs under the brake between the hugger and brake mount. I assume this is the same thing your doing.

I don't think it will give any trouble. There is really nothing for it to get caught on and the line is rigid enough that it wont be going anywhere near the wheel.

I should have pics of mine up within the next couple of days. Just got some finishing touches to do when it warms up a little.
thebozenator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #609
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Thanks Boz, yea, mines stock lines, all I got left is to make 2 metal brackets for the left front and the right rear.

Old January 5th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #610
Squalo
ninjette.org member

Name: Canada

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Maybe up some more pictures...imagine i'll run into this when I take the hugger on.

Cheers!
Squalo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 03:52 PM   #611
Shaol1n Monk
shaol1n ninja stuntman

Name: Jae

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha YZF R6 Anniversary "Yoshiko" 2007 Honda CBR600RR "Katsumi"(SOLD) 2010 Ninja ZX-2R "JADE" (RIP)

hey guys sorry i have been out of touch on this, i was in a hit and run and my bike was totalled. i also will require surgery on my achilles tendon which means i wont be getting another bike till next season. so if you wanna hook someone else up w my hugger i obviously cant do anything w it now.
sorry to just get to ya on this but i just got out of the hospital yesterday.
be careful everyone, u can be the best rider and some stupid cager can make an illegal turn in front of you at anytime and ruin the next year of your life.... or worse.

Old January 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #612
thebozenator
ninjette.org member

Hey everybody, thought id share how i managed to mount my hugger. First id like to thank everyone who made this group buy possible. Id also like to thank everyone who posted pictures of their modifications, especially wayanlam and 00NissanNinja as i was mostly building of of their ideas.

Notch on left side.

Notch on right. Not sure if it was nescessary but i did it anyway.

Notch for brake. I decided to make one big one instead of one for the line and another for the brake, it just looked "right" to me. A little tip when cutting plastic. After you make your cut deburr the plastic with a razor. After that take a lighter and quickly heat the edge for just a second. This helps give it a cleaner edge.

I also wanted to make the front left bracket look as stock as possible. I basically took 00NissanNinja's idea of relocating the mounting bracket except instead of screws i mounted the piece from the back.

After cutting it off of its original spot i bent the plastic by applying a little heat to the back and bending the piece with my hands. Fortunately, after cooling, the plastic did not become brittle. This was something I was afraid of. I then scuffed up both the plastic mount and the back side of the hugger and glued it together with 2 part epoxy. The bond came out a lot better than i expected. I hit the bracket with a mallet to test if it wound break... It survived so i doubt it with be coming off anytime soon. The hole also had to be enlarged and a notch cut into the bottom of the mount.

Custom bracket for the right side... I know my metal work is not the best but it works Ill be painting the bracket black later on so it will be less noticeable.

Mounted. Going to swap out the bolts with black ones similar to the ones that bolt onto the stock chain guard (whenever i find some).

Left side.

Not a very good picture. this is the front left bracket. it is held on from the back with 2 washers and a nut.

Hugger ended up straight!!! This is what had me worrying during the entire build.

My baby

Absolutley love the way this hugger looks. Definitely looks like something that could have come stock with the bike. Once again, big thanks to everyone on the forum . Now onto winterizing.

Old January 5th, 2012, 05:34 PM   #613
headshrink

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Shaol1n Monk: I'm very sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you heal quickly/completely, and receive some sort of satisfaction.

thebozenator: Fantastic job... possibly the best thus far! Thanks for the detailed pics and descriptions.

For those who have completed the install, is it a pain to remove the cover/hugger for chain cleaning and wax/oiling?
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #614
thebozenator
ninjette.org member

i think it depends. If you use zip ties i imagine it could be annoying having to remove them. That is one reason i avoid using zip ties.

I imagine that you can clean it only from the exposed bottom part of the chain if you have the patience.

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:18 PM   #615
wayanlam

dude, Ricardo, u went all out getting that fitting nicely

the final touch will be to paint the lip:

and it looks sweeeet!

i like this hugger much more than the custom fiberglass ones that are avialble here, not only because its wayyy cheaper, but because its not as heavy, and bulky, which in turn causes clearance issues during installation, and no fiberglass cracking issues.

@ shaolin, wish you all the best during your recovery. its always scary hearing when things like that happen... too many cagers drive obliviously, and basically in "dumb autopilot" mode.

peace,
W.

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #616
kevheads
ninjette.org guru

Boz, so what did you end up doing to mount the front right side? Your right, the one big slot above the brake caliper does give it a much cleaner look. Yours looks Sweeeeeeet.

Old January 5th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #617
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

@thebozenator that looks sweet! Nice job I was going to do epoxy originally but, I had rivets around so I just used them (and I couldn't find a suitable epoxy). Mounting it on the back looks better, think I might have to do that.

@Shaol1n Monk Sorry to hear about that, I hope you heal well and soon. Achilles tendon injuries suck, I've had one in the past took mine forever to heal and it was just a small tear/sprain from playing sports.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #618
thebozenator
ninjette.org member

Thanks everybody!

@Shaol1n Monk Cant believe i missed your post. surgury sucks but good luck with everything. Hopefully youll be back on a bike in no time .

@wayanlam That paint really looks amazing. I wanted to paint the lip but i have absolutely no experience working with paint . did you just sand it smooth, prime then paint? Im also afraid that the red paint wont match the rest of the bike..

@kevheads I didn't do anything . The front left bolt holds it well enough in place that the right side doesn't move. If the lip didn't line up correctly i was going to drill a hole and use a zip tie to stretch it out and bend it into position. Im glad i didn't have to.

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #619
headshrink

@thebozenator: on a side note, I just noticed you have an epoxy finish on your garage floor.... did you do that yourself? If so, was it difficult? I've always thought about tackling that project myself.

(Sorry about the 7500)

Old January 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #620
thebozenator
ninjette.org member

headshrink, My parents actually did that last year while I was away at college. Ill ask them what they thought about the process. I assume it cant be that difficult as my parents don't really tackle DIY projects unless its relatively simple. The flooring is pretty nice tho. Oil washes off pretty easily which is good for when i do oil changes and make a mess of everything. The only issue i have with it is that it has turned very slightly yellow where the tires from one of our cars constantly roll over.

Old January 5th, 2012, 10:07 PM   #621
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebozenator View Post
headshrink, My parents actually did that last year while I was away at college. Ill ask them what they thought about the process. I assume it cant be that difficult as my parents don't really tackle DIY projects unless its relatively simple. The flooring is pretty nice tho. Oil washes off pretty easily which is good for when i do oil changes and make a mess of everything. The only issue i have with it is that it has turned very slightly yellow where the tires from one of our cars constantly roll over.
Is it slipperier than the naked concrete? I was thinking about doing the roll-out raised coin-style flooring, but it was prohibitively epensive.... I think it was around $1K. So epoxy will be the way to go if I ever get around to it.

Old January 6th, 2012, 02:59 AM   #622
wayanlam

i actually didnt do it myself, lol, but the process is along the lines of what you described:

needs to be cleaned,

then i believe they used a filler compound to smooth out all the ripples that is part of the original plastic finish.

sand the compound smooth, and then spray with primer:

after that, you do a couple smooth sanding sessions on the primer to achieve a good final shiny finish.

then several layers of paint, which by chance they had one that was left over from another red ninja that they had repainted previously, lol.

sand smooth (1000 grit) then several final layers in clear gloss. then polish it up!

i just bought a compressor, so the next time i need to do some paint work i might experiment myself, if that fails ill just go next door to the guy that did my hugger and ask him to save the day, rofl!

cheers,
W.

Old January 7th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #623
thebozenator
ninjette.org member

@headshrink That coin-style stuff is really nice tho! The epoxy flooring is basically applied like a thick paint. As you could imagine the flooring fills up all of the tiny bumps in your floor so you will loose some of the "sand-paper like" texture of concrete. I would say mine is slipperier than the bare concrete but only by very very little. In fact, I didn't even really notice it until after you mentioned it. Unless your already prone to slipping on concrete it shouldn't really be a problem.

@wayanlam I've actually always wanted to try my hand at painting. I don't really trust most of the paint shops around me and they tend to charge an absurd amount of money. One day if i ever get an airbrush ill try painting the hugger.

Old January 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #624
Kommy000
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

so... it this still available??? Or anybody doing another group buy?? Sorry, just found this thread so was hoping there is still a way to get the rear hugger for my new 150 tire. Thanks
Kommy000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #625
wayanlam

havent worked on another gb yet since that last one. it was a rather big job getting that many together, and dealing with all those payments and shipments. not as big a job for me as it was for coung, who was forwarding all the individual packages once it arrived over there. dont know if anyone is willing to go through all of that again, lol

W.

Old January 28th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #626
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayanlam View Post
So the process for painting one of these is
  • clean it
  • sand it
  • fill it
  • sand it
  • prime it
  • sand it
  • paint it
  • sand it?
  • clear

If my CBR hugger attaches well, I want to paint the fender to match my bike like yours is. Is filling holes necessary or will that be covered with the priming?
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #627
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
If my CBR hugger attaches well, I want to paint the fender to match my bike like yours is. Is filling holes necessary or will that be covered with the priming?
What holes? I didn't see anything that needed filling in. Priming and sanding with 600 grit sandpaper should be plenty. I haven't gotten the chance to paint mine yet since Its still too cold to get a good finish, but it looks fine to me to skip filling it.

Old January 28th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #628
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Oops I meant filling ripples since wayanlam talked about filling ripples. Dunno why I said holes.

but just sand, prime, sand, paint?

You suggest clear? I've painted hobby rockets, but never body parts of bikes. I usually prime, sand, prime, sand, paint, sand, paint, clear. I would assume body parts are the same as rockets...

Old January 28th, 2012, 12:39 PM   #629
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

@choneofakind Oh the textured finish. Yeah it is a little textured so some filler may need to be used. But I would probably just prime and sand a few times till its smooth and even since it isn't a deep textured finish on the lip. The cbr hugger might be a smoother surface though. I would certainly add clear, basecoat looks kind of dull without it. That's how you get that nice glossy finish. I think if you look at whatever primer you buy it will say the grit it will fill. My primer fills 300 grit so just sand the lip down evenly with whatever grit the primer requires.

I'll probably start preparing my hugger once I mill this custom bracket I want to use for securing the hugger. Gotta take some measurements first and make some CAD designs and engineering drawings first though.

Last futzed with by 00NissanNinja; January 28th, 2012 at 01:43 PM.

Old January 28th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #630
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Holy crap I forgot all about this buy, I know I purchased one of them but never paid cuong for the shipping not tried to pick it up. If cuong still has it he can give it to the next person that was in line to get one for just te cost of shipping, my bike is going to he mostly track and I don't need it.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #631
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 250

what ever happen to Cuongism?
I payed and also send him shipping money.
I messaged him after sending shipping money 2 weeks ago.
have not gotten a reply back or the hugger.

Not gonna lie, its partly my fault because I did not keep up with it and really neglected to follow up but it concerns me that I have not gotten any responses from him.
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #632
Kstorm21
ninjette.org sage

Name: Katherine

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

Did anyone ever receive their CBR hugger to see if it works?
Kstorm21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM   #633
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstorm21 View Post
Did anyone ever receive their CBR hugger to see if it works?
There's pictures of one on a newgen around here somewhere. poster said it went right on. I don't remember where it is at the moment though

Old January 29th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #634
sixer
no joy

Name: Six

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2006 636

Jon- well I haven't sent him shipping yet myself - but I also contacted him about getting it picked up... But he hasnot replied to me yet- so...??
Posted via Mobile Device
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 29th, 2012, 06:50 PM   #635
wayanlam

hope coung is ok~

he was usually replying quite promptly when i was organizing this end of the GB.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 09:54 PM   #636
sixer
no joy

Name: Six

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 2006 636

Cough*
Posted via Mobile Device
sixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM   #637
cuz
cuz

Name: Israel

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250r

god bless you

Old February 19th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #638
jonnyc
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 250

Hey guys just wanted to update that I got my hugger last week. Hopefully everyone gets theirs.
I do not think it was in mal intent in his part, people just get busy including my self. Its all good now.
jonnyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 19th, 2012, 06:16 PM   #639
headshrink

In case I forgot to mention earlier, I put my DIY here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96083

Old May 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM   #640
streetracer744
Ninja ZX-5R

Name: Dino

Motorcycle(s): Ninja

sorry guys i ran into trouble with the law but IM back now and want that hugger if i can still get it